1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tim Macmahon is a joke why did ESPN allow a Dallas castoff to cover our team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HardenVolumeOne, Dec 16, 2020.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

LOL, well you tried to help me out and I appreciate that.

D-rock likes this.
  2. T for 3

T for 3 Member

D-Bag going full Trump. lol

3. HP3

HP3 Member

Based on him using former Rockets staffers and assistants as sources before. And also based on James not actually getting everything he wanted.

Roots of conflict? It's a hit piece. He did what all stars do when they want to be traded. We've seen it many times before. And now their is a framing here that the Rockets arent winners here because a lack of accountability LOL. And Tim is saying Daryl Morey quit on the Rockets and was always going to because James wants out. When Athletic reports are saying something different. And Westbrook got ALL of his perks in OKC But oh wait, no peeps out of Chris Paul though who Harden got traded. No reports there. But oh yea Tillman has nothing to do with why Westbrook wants out. Westbrook being "appalled" at the Rockets culture is laughable. Especially when you dont see many complaints from any of Harden's former teammates....like NONE. Harrel, Lou and Williams all complained about Kawhi who did way more egregious crap than Harden.

This is entirely looking to make Harden look bad because it doens talk about Ownership AT ALL. This is entirely framed as Westbrook wants out becaue James Harden's "culture" made it difficult for him. It also doesnt talk about Darly leaving at all.

Tim himself even went on a podcast and said Harden AND Tillman forced the Paul trade but lol oh now its Harden did it, it was all him, he cant be told no.

Why would he not? He is smart, and knows how these things work. You think he liked when we traded melton and Anderson for scraps or didnt resign Ariza? Or at the trade deadline our trade was getting under the tax for SHUMPERT. Oh yea, I forgot about the singings of James Ennis and MCW??? Yea those most have been the moves that James must have liked. Of course he probably demanded we pay luxury tax? Why would he not? Do you think he wasnt aware of all of this? We know that the athletic reported he asked out as soon as Stephen Silas was hired because he wanted Ty Lue or John Lucas so that is not getting what he wants is it? We know that Irv Roland his trainer got fired after his MVP season, do you think that was something he wanted? Why did Tillman go on TV and say "I forced the Westbrook trade through." If the FO got nervous about it either A. They thought they could talk to Harden or B. We would be getting a better deal then we are now? Im inclined to believe A.

https://www.radio.com/sportsradio61...ts-are-hampered-by-fertittas-refusal-to-spend

Tillman did this not ONCE BUT TWICE.^

D-rock likes this.
  4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

@HP3, if you think the point of the article was to make Harden look worse than he is, how does that not lower his trade value again? I don’t understand how you can say this doesn’t change how other teams view him and at the same time argue that this is an unfair hit job.

I really can’t imagine the Rockets are happy with these details coming out. It makes their operation look like a circus.

5. HP3

HP3 Member

Look at the Woj thread right now, teams are very intersted still. It's common sense. All this crap about "culture" and accountably being a hindrance is just BS. Its just saving Fertitta's image and tarnishes Hardens.

Harden is gonna get value as a trade asset. These things dont lower his value and they arent things teams dont already know.

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Or the FO really is a circus.

durvasa likes this.
  7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

look like?

D-rock and durvasa like this.
  8. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Idk, I don't mind him. If he spoke of Harden that way, it might be because he covers the team that he's saying what he is. Doesn't seem all that hard right now to find people within the org willing to trash James.

durvasa likes this.
  9. HP3

HP3 Member

Like I said, this article did NOTHING to hurt his trade value.

10. HardenVolumeOne

tim macmahon did lower hardens trade value with that hit piece. Harden won’t be traded

11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

He may suck but he asking a relevant question.

12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

OKC being 3rd in iso really b**** slaps the CP3 wanted more ball movement narrative.

He just wanted to control things like always.

HP3 and D-rock like this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

HP3 likes this.
  14. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

I think it’s just BSPN & NBA plan to cause more turmoil within our organization, to lower Harden’s value, so Houston has to trade Harden to Miami or even Philly. So that they can all say what a great player Harden is, I bet they won’t critics him as much and the refs will let him get more continuation calls. Maybe even they will go back and take back the Harden rules.

idk about the last part but is very likely true :p

D-rock likes this.
  15. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I’m just curious why Tilman would want Harden gone? Or negative attention on his team? I mean I guess bad press is better than no press.

now Tilman wanting the rockets to have a real ESPN presence I can def see that.

16. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I’d never be mad at someone willing to give me 103m extension for 2 years when I still have 3 years and over 120m still remaining.

maybe I’m just different, I like Money.

I think Harden does too, that’s why I still think their is a strong chance he ends up taking the extension at some point.

HP3 likes this.
  17. HP3

HP3 Member

I wish he did, but the fact is, he didnt take the extension. Which means Harden cares about more than money in this situation.

D-rock likes this.
  18. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

it looks like your right I just still sticking to what I said a while back when it was reported he turned it down.

most of these guys end up taking the money when it’s This much. I know Harden is already extremely wealthy but man 103m with 120m still on the books.

I guess it’s kinda like giannis, a lot of speculation he was going to leave and he ended up taking that huge payday. I’m glad he did I like that he stayed in Milwaukee. I just have a feeling ultimately Harden takes the money.

he doesn’t strike me as a guy that’s going to do the lebron or the KD thing and have some media company or all this other stuff after basketball. I could be wrong but he strikes me as a guy that’s going to cash out over 500 million playing basketball and endorsements and when he retires we don’t see him very much if at all. No tv no coaching nothing.

HP3 likes this.
  19. HP3

HP3 Member

Man, I really hope you are right.

But I just want to say no matter what, the owner sucks. :(

D-rock likes this.
  20. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

LOL a lot of Harden fanboys in this site getting offended. NOTHING in the article is a surprise to me. I've talking about how the Rockets raised a spoiled child a couple of years now.