1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Rockets are expanding trade discussions on Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Dec 17, 2020.

1. Asian Sensation

“Show me anywhere in NBA history a player like harden was traded for just 1,2, or even 3 first round pick.”

I referenced the Paul George trade. You chose to ignore it.

2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

They didn't just trade paul george for just picks......

Lets recap to see how dumb your argument is:
    AS: If a sorry ass team like the Bulls/Hawks/Kings/OKC/Wolves etc. came with a proper package he’d already have been dealt"

Dat: Name the package that those sht team will offer/

AS: ever heard of first round picks?

Dat: No dumbass will trade harden for just first round picks. Give me an example of that occurring in nba history

AS: Proceed to reference Paul George WHO WASNT TRADED JUST FOR FIRST ROUND PICKs.

#242 DatRocketFan, Dec 17, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
  3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I am still thinking that this is going to drag out longer. My history as a Rockets fan makes it hard for me to trust trade rumors. It’s hard to know how much of this is serious versus very preliminary chatter being leaked to drum up interest (as another poster put it).

4. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Trading Harden for Herro and potentially Duncan Robinson leaves us without any star power whatsoever. A lot of slightly above average players does not succeed in today's NBA. Losing Westbrook for an injury-plagued John Wall and losing Harden for potentially two outside shooters with limited defensive abilities would be a dramatic step backwards in talent.

Herro and Robinson are outstanding complementary pieces to superstars. They are not standalone pieces to build around.

This trade is the type of trade that puts us in perennial 8-10th place in the conference.

5. Asian Sensation

No **** Sherlock. I believe I addressed that as well.

6. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Name the fking package that Bulls/Hawks/Kings/OKC/Wolves can offer us or just shut your dumbass up.

U stated that since none of these team are offering a complete package for harden = truth is no one is lining up for harden.

I am asking u to back that sht comment up with a "complete package" offer from the teams u listed.

#246 DatRocketFan, Dec 17, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
  7. CarlosGM

CarlosGM Member

OKC can indeed offer a nice package: Harden for SGA + Horford.

(I almost forgot... Plus up to 15 first round picks that they have available to trade)

8. jdiggidy

jdiggidy Member

That’s what I’ve been saying! If Harden is traded to any playoff team we need to gut that team in order for the FRPs to be worth anything. That is assuming of course they don’t posses a swap or high FRP from some other trade.

We have to essentially try to make that a non-playoff team.

Third team needs to get involved. Include Tucker and the second team include a low FRP in order to get the third teams top 10 FRP.

Now someone else figure out which of next years projected top 10 pick teams needs a 35 year old undersized defensive 3pt shooter that wants a long term deal! :D

9. riko

riko Member

Eh, after tonight, hardens value went up by a draft pick or two. Under Silas by the deadline his value will be infinitely higher. Wait

10. Boston84

Boston84 Member

Hearing “Duncan robinson” is the hold up in trades talks reminds me so much of hearing “Jae crowder is a sticking point in trade talks” with the Celtics years ago...........their holding him out, they aren’t gonna kill a deal over Duncan robinson

DVauthrin and ElPigto like this.
  11. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

12. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Especially since no great players will be available during free agency.

riko likes this.
  13. riko

riko Member

Morey and Doc Rivers will be having wet dreams about what he can do with Embiid after they see what Harden will do with Woods. Wait it out. Unlike Simmons harden makes big men play better

raining threes likes this.
  14. CCorn

CCorn Member

Tilman telling Riley he wants all the whites

[​IMG]

jiggyfly, hakeem94 and HP3 like this.
  15. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Pat Riley is a known big-game player hunter and closer. If a really good shooter like Robinson (young J.J. Redick) is all that is standing in the way of acquiring a superstar like James Harden, he’s pulling the trigger in a nanosecond. Duncan Robinson is a nice role player, but he’s not good enough to be the sticking point in a deal for any NBA superstar.

Boston84 and tycoonchip like this.
  16. HP3

HP3 Member

This will never not be funny.

vick likes this.
  17. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

The whole scenario doesn't make sense. He recruits Woods! Great! He recruits Boogie! Great! Was it really the trade for Wall that set him off? Who does he want instead of Wall? Tillman has already said that he won't send Harden to Morey! Now they are reversing that? Alot of things don't add up! I think there is alot of things that are happening that we don't know about!

JayGoogle and HP3 like this.
  18. riko

riko Member

To his credit atleast on the court he isn’t tanking his value.

HP3 likes this.
  19. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Good job getting this out, Stone. Now you can tell him, “at least we tried.”

At the same time, you’re finally riling up Morey’s situation. Morey has to address this with Simmons, or he has to publicly say he won’t be included. Harden sees that and understands. Gets a chip on his shoulder. Relationship with Morey ruined. And Harden and the Rockets live together happily ever after

20. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Who the fook is that face pasted on tilly? Lmao

RustyHarden likes this.