1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video game] Cyberpunk 2077

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by KingCheetah, Jun 11, 2018.

1. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

"Millions of you bought our game, and we really appreciate that. But could you just...um...not play it for a few months? kthanksbye!"

The bad framerates (10-20 FPS at times), low resolution (720p or less), low population density, and a few graphical glitches are unique to base PS4 and XBO. PS4 Pro and XBO X are a bit better (arguably playable I guess), and PS5/XSX/XSS are a bit better than that. It is unclear to me if some of the random bugs and crashes are unique to specific platforms, only on PC, not on PC at all, etc., but the consoles (especially the base ones) *probably* do have a few more of them. They all are pretty buggy and crash a lot, at least relative to an average polished game.

If you really wanted to, you could definitely play it on PS5. As mentioned, there will be a patch later on that further enhances the visuals, but I guess it is fine as is for now. Maybe it is just me, but I'd rather just wait 6-12 months and let CDPR fix as much as possible. On top of these things, *maybe* they'll have something better in terms of NPC/cop AI simulations (plus better spawning/despawning of objects), and they'll fix some of the gameplay issues people have. Maybe they'll let you get a hair cut or something. Once I do play the game, I'd rather those things be ironed out so I can fully enjoy the story, graphics, quests, etc. So I'd recommend just wait, especially as there are plenty of other great games to play (IMO). But it is up to you.

Yep, though I wanted to correct you and point out the PS5 version (AFAIK) runs mostly locked at 60 FPS (some dips to the upper 50s in crazy spots I think?). XSX does as well, though it also offers a quality mode that improves the visuals some while running at a (mostly locked IIRC?) 30 FPS (PS5 does not have this option).

Caesar and fchowd0311 like this.
  2. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

3. RC Cola

4. CCorn

CCorn Member

Damn I wanted to play it

5. Caesar

Caesar Member

Ok ill wait for all the updates and next gen upgrade then. I still have to get through Last of Us 2 and Ghost of Tsuhima first. Haven't even picked up Black ops after i finished Miles Morales and that Souls game just looks too much for me as a casual gamer

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Really awesome for them to take ownership of it in such a big way.

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Damn it must be really bad on the last gen consoles for Sony to do this. Good move.
    Those are great games to hold you over.

Cyperpunk fully patched with ray tracing is well worth the wait. If you are into the Blade Runner/5th Element aesthetic, this game is going to be very epic for you. So many amazing sights in this game.

8. RC Cola

It was bad, but I think at least part of the reason Sony responded this way is because they're probably pretty mad at how CDPR handled this a few days ago. They basically said, "Sorry we made a mess of a game and hid it from you. Just ask for a refund if you don't like it." They did this without consulting their partners I believe (including Sony). Sony got blindsided by all the refund requests, and since they wouldn't honor all of them, people just started lashing out at Sony instead of CDPR. CDPR basically tried to shift the blame and succeeded (at least initially).

That probably pissed off Sony, so they'll be delisting the game, and they'll probably be pretty strict on CDPR moving forward.

To be fair, Sony's refund policy is shitty, though I'm thinking this might have happened regardless.

9. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Wow, was never really interested in Cyberpunk but to pull the game and offer refunds is huge news in the gaming industry. The only other disastrous launch of this proportion I can remember is No Man's Sky.

10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The game itself is good on the pc. It's a console issue.

11. RC Cola

Even NMS was a pretty different situation. It was a big disappointment to many since it didn't have all the features and content that were expected. But it still looked and performed well on all platforms. It wasn't very buggy. The core gameplay was still pretty solid albeit a bit repetitive (I sunk like 40+ hours into it happily at launch). And that even ignores why it did launch in that state (all reasons CDPR didn't have to worry about).

Something like Fallout 76, that one Batman game on PC that had to be delisted briefly, or Driveclub are closer comparisons. But none of them were this bad. This is breaking new ground when it comes to bad launches.

On a side note to PlayStation people: Deus Ex Mankind Divided is on a deep sale on the PlayStation store. Probably a better cyberpunk game to spend your time and money on, at least for now. :)

Xerobull likes this.
  12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

B-Bob likes this.
  13. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Cyberpunk Game Maker Faces Hostile Staff After Failed Launch

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...maker-faces-hostile-staff-after-failed-launch

RC Cola likes this.
  14. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Ecstatically?

15. SemisolidSnake

There's already enough content to write a book about or two describing this launch. Remains to be seen, but it would be an absolutely bizarre turn of events if this breathed life in the until-now walking corpse of Google Stadia. Playing it on Stadia is getting good reviews, because if you're reading this at the time I'm writing it, there's a 99.9% chance you don't have a device that can play this game reasonably well if it all. But Google does. And latency isn't going to matter so much with this sort of game.

It really has been a glorious hellscape of terrible tech launches recently, and this game really is the crowning cherry on top of all of it.

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Fix 1.5 is making things pretty stable on console

17. RC Cola

B-Bob likes this.
  18. tinman

Supporting Member

Invisible Fan likes this.
  19. RC Cola

@tinman

Based on your comments here, I'm going to take a wild guess and say you picked the corporate path in the game. :p

tinman likes this.
  20. tinman

Supporting Member

I’ll play the other paths , by that time I’m going to guess I can walk in a store and buy a next gen system