1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden and the Houston Rockets are at a breaking point

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stormy1234, Dec 16, 2020.

1. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

That makes a little more sense but that piece doesn't paint Morey in the best light either. That said, why would Morey particularly care now that he's already gainfully employed? If I were Morey, I'd gladly paint myself in a partially negative light knowing I could easily explain it to my employer and at the same time drive down the value of the asset he covets the most.

Morey playing 4D chess yet again.

2. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Harden up early liking his Instagram stripper girlfriends pics.

3. riko

riko Member

They are getting people ready for a trade that will numb peoples pain when they get far less value then expectations. See this is all we could get for such a malcontent.

Reeko, HP3 and Invisible Fan like this.
  4. bmelo

bmelo Member

Its just that simple tbh and i remember people writing here that Harden is better than Jordan

Jontro likes this.
  5. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

LOL!!!!!

I love James's offensive game but He's not close to LBJ or Jordan

Jontro likes this.
  6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The way James is going, within 5 years of leaving the NBA he will be broke.

DD

7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Stop it.

He isn't going to go broke.

Reeko and Invisible Fan like this.
  8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Was it really all on Harden though? I remember Ferntits bellyaching about CP3's fat contract and the lost value from his injury problems that season.

Seems like it was a 2-1 "vote"

9. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

What in the actual hell are you basing that on?? You can hide behind, "Well that's just my opinion!" like you do everything else, but in reality, it's irresponsible at best and moronic at worst. Harden has MULTIPLE successful business ventures, long-term ownership stakes in the Dynamo, BodyArmor sports drinks, Stance Socks, as well as a massive multi-year contract with Adidas worth $200M, has a team of people that work in inner cities to try and find diamonds in the rough for him to invest in, and has several charitable ventures that he bankrolls. Just because the guy likes to spend what amounts to pennies on the dollar towards his entertainment does not mean he's financially illiterate. Give me a break with this slander.

Reeko likes this.
  10. Miragedassault

You maybe opinionated but 90 percent of your opinions are just wrong

11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Don't be a stupid person.

DD

12. tharges

tharges Member

Unfortunately I think you have to trade him or continue to have this drama play out. I’d have him provide other teams to make this happen like Atlanta. A lot of young talent in Atlanta to fleece. James talent is unmistakable but if he is unwilling to change his game for the team then let him be a problem for another team. I’d throw Tucker and EG in there as well and give this coach a new fresh start.

13. JW86

JW86 Member

So Harden limited the GM’s ability to improve the team by trading for Westbrook and now wants out because the GM cannot improve the team...the irony is hilarious yet sad.

14. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

that's not out of the realm of possibilities either, tbqh haha. knowing TF's ego also increases that likelihood.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

At a breaking point, what do you mean?

James Harden wants out. At some point, the Rockets will accommodate that when they deem appropriate. For 8 years, the Rockets philosophy was kiss James Harden’s ass and kee him as happy as possible. That spanned two owners. Daryl Morey was the ringleader. He worked his butt off to get a superstar. He was right on Harden when a lot of people thought he was taking on a huge risk on this guy who was sixth man in OKC. They did whatever they could to keep him happy. ...

DP: He built it and now he wants to escape it. Also, I don’t know where this came from but he had a problem with ownership and his politics?

I know that’s out there but nothing in my reporting suggests that’s an issue. I can’t speak on the political thing. I don’t have that reporting. I don’t know if there’s any truth to that. I’ll tell you if I build a house and it starts burning, I’m getting the hell out.

DP: He lit the fire Tim. He’s the arsonist.

I do not disagree. If we want to look at this, there’s a lot of blame to pass around. I do think James has taken a big slice of that. Insert your punchline on his waistline at this point. Harden will get his wish to be traded at some point. He will not get to dictate the terms of that trade. He wants to get the hell out now. I do think there will be an offer the Rockets deem fair at some point before the deadline but it’s not on the table right now. ... It’s not that he gets to pick his team but it has to make sense for that team as well. If the price remains as it is - young franchise cornerstone and bundle of picks and/or promising talent on rookie contracts - you’re giving up a ton to get him.

DP: Does Milwaukee have the assets?

Milwaukee is not a factor in this.

DP: Philly says we’ll give you Ben Simmons and whoever...

The Rockets would want Simmons and picks. Thybulle could be a pick. PJ Tucker is probably getting traded at some point too. It would make a lot of sense if he’s traded to Philly with Harden. It’s Simmons and you haggle over picks, you haggle over Thybulle. I still think that’s the most likely scenario. I’m not certain there’s a consensus within the Sixers organization that they want to have anything to do with those kind of discussions.

DP: Then the Miami Heat. I have someone who works there and said give me the validity. I guess they’re exploring this. Bam Adebayo and Tyler Herro might be the two assets you can get. If I’m Houston, you have my attention. If I’m Miami, Jimmy Butler had a hard time in Philly and Minnesota because of immature teammates. James Harden can be immature. I can’t imagine Butler putting up with tardiness of James Harden.

Harden in HEAT culture could be an interesting fit. Maybe he adapts. When Harden gets traded, his legacy is on the line. Butler and Harden do have a relationship. Of course so did James and Russ. The Rockets thought they were getting Jimmy Butler last offseason. Had it lined up, ready to ship out Capela and Gordon. Harden and Butler were talking. Then Jimmy did not return texts and phone calls and went to Miami. I’d imagine first thing Miami would say is hell no Bam is not on the table, absolutely not, do not ask again. Herro would absolutely intrigue the Rockets. Duncan Robinson would absolutely intrigue the Rockets. They have several vets on expiring contracts. They’re limited on picks but there’s ways for an offer to make sense.

If the Nuggets wanted to be aggressive and called the Rockets, Michael Porter Jr., picks and Gary Harris/Barton combo to make salaries work, those conversations could heat up.

16. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

lol. hey guys, i'm all about winning and i know i'm in the best situation i've ever been in, winning like never before, which is what my mentality is, but i think the best thing to do is complain about the best player over and over, even though whatever he's doing seems to be incredibly successful since i just experienced the most success i've ever had, but it really seems like he should probably do things my way, because those are winning ways, just without the winning, the winning like what i'm experiencing now, doing things someone else's way, but that can't be right, let's change things up, hey coach go yell at james that i've found the secret, his lame 65 win methods seems pretty stupid, who cares what he wants, i'd rather leave and lose, because i'm all about winning.

Reeko and HP3 like this.
  17. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

Yeah, he's gonna be broke when he's worth half a billion. Jesus.

HardenVolumeOne likes this.
  18. HardenVolumeOne

especially if he is smart and doesnt get married

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

HP3 likes this.