1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Report: Russell Westbrook 'appalled' by Rockets team culture, which revolves around James Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LosPollosHermanos, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

The Harden-Howard experiment didn't work, the argument was "Howard is a jerk." Ok, I agree.
    The Harden-Paul experiment came to an end, the argument was "Paul is a bad teammate."
    The Harden-Westbrook experiment lasted less than a year, the argument was "Westbrook is not a good fit for the team."
    What will be the argument with Wall?
    I wonder, does Harden have anything to do with this?
    Those responsible for everything are always others? :rolleyes:

gumbleton3 and arabrocket like this.
  2. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Seems like the media is determined to make the Rockets a bad guy team.

The Astros are already a bad guy team.

Well, the Texans are just a bad team.

D-rock and raining threes like this.
  3. Salvy

Salvy Member

Wait, you mean to tell me Sleepy Joe is the most popular president elect ever? Not you Nook, I don't believe you believe that. And yes, multi billionaire appeared in movies/talk shows/ music videos... You know before he was turned into a "racist" for political gains. Became the president of The United States and accomplished some ish despite never really allowed to have peace during bs impeachment that cost Americans millions of dollars and turned out to be false. Against all odds still managed to have more votes this year than last but man that sleepy joe is more popular than Obama himself... Yeah Trump is a winner....

raining threes likes this.
  4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I voted for neither, so allow me to remind you that this is the GARM, not D&D. Theres a community agreement here to leave politics out of it.

Voter participation is very far from 100% in the USA so there is a lot of room for a record setting amount of votes if people get fed up enough by parrots repeating things they heard on YouTube on a basketball message board like irrelevant theories and "Sleepy Joe".

PS, did you also know that population also increases over time? Can you believe Jimmy Carter got more votes than George Washington? Go think about that riddle.. in the D&D.

This is basketball country here.

#64 napalm06, Dec 16, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
    jiggyfly and D-rock like this.
  5. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

Politics. Politics everywhere.

Take a break, boys.

napalm06 likes this.
  6. raining threes

4 years ago he was a winner

A month ago whether he won or not depends on if all of the states that stopped counting the vote and Biden carried was a coincidence or not. Also if you think the Dominion voting systems were rigged for Biden.

HardenVolumeOne likes this.
  7. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

One took games off for "load management."

Just sayin

8. HardenVolumeOne

once harden became better than steph curry in 2017, the media turned on him

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Biden won by 7 million votes 60 FAILED lawsuits and STILL WE HAVE the ignorance of thinking Trump won.

He lost, he lies about it, he lies about everything - if the voting systems were RIGGED why did the Republicans down ballot pick up House seats?

We can't tolerate lies and ignorance......Qanon is not real, Trump is a lying, losing thief and the judges he put in place tossed out all his lawsuits.......so the USA and democracy prevails.....and Trump loses again!

GO Rockets!

DD

Deuce, vlaurelio and icewill36 like this.
  10. Salvy

Salvy Member

Yup, I'm done with Politics.... It doesn't belong here. I respect your opinion and anyone else's despite political preference. I may not agree but I respect it.

Back on topic, Westbrook was actually pretty good before the Bubble... Still rather have Paul, I wonder if Paul felt appalled over culture and how many player only meetings does it take to change said culture...

11. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

It's pretty hard to square these Westbrook comments with any defense of Harden. Here's a guy who was Harden's bud and who Harden specifically wanted on the team. He comes here, wants out within a year, and points the finger right at his friend.

Harden is insanely talented, loves to hoop, and loves to work on "my game." But his inability to win a championship — to cooperate with and adjust to the kinds of players who could get him to that goal — is more than an accident.

12. HP3

HP3 Member

The only one that applies to is Chris Paul, that's the only one.

D-rock and Rocket River like this.
  13. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

what if ur king Trump won though?

D-rock likes this.
  14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Which Playoffs Series do you think we should have won that lead to a championship?
    beyond the spurs series - "one game really"
    Which series should we have won . .. based on the circumstances and talent levels of the teams as they played

Basically
    People talk about Dwight - when everyone was ready to run him out of town because he wanted to bang down low all game
    And was not GREAT at it. . . .did not want to pick n roll . . .
    Dwight who was a poo poo platter coming out of the Lakers. . . and on basically every team he went to after
    He was mediocre at best. . . . then gets on a loaded Lakers team (well AD and LEBron = loaded) . . .now he is redeemed
    for being a glorified Javelle Mcgee

Westbrook - Looked like a bucket of hot garbage
    Could not win with KD AND HARDEN
    Could not win with KD
    Could not win with PG13
    Could not win with Harden

Rocket River
    BUT ITS ALL ON HARDEN????

15. icewill36

icewill36 Member

revisionist history.... thunder were some of the youngest stars to make it to the finals in history, and lost to a veteran heat team with a lebron james starving for his first title. harden was traded the very next year

after that they dealt with WB getting an injury in the postseason, then another year KD injured and missed the postseason. then had a 3-1 lead on the 73 win warriors before KD decided to throw the series since he had already made his mind up he was leaving.

after that he has never had anywhere near enough to win a title. the thunder or some reason have always refused to put shooters around him. they draft lots of athletic players that can't shoot. rockets did not have enough nearly enough talent to win either.

i dont blame harden though, he has done plenty for the rockets... maybe he has some blame in cp3 being traded, but his own poor play was also a factor. its a thin line. if cp3 doesn't get hurt, rockets win a title, and none this partying or favoritism matters. harden is immortalized as one of the NBA greats. instead, he is getting bashed left and right and will end up being the karl malone of guards if he can't get a ring. its a real shame.

Cladyclad likes this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

So how should we demonize other players due their inability to win championships?

I mean there have been some great players on great teams that failed to win jack even after they were empowered, embraced and kowtowed to by their respective team(s).

Elgin Baylor
    Gervin
    Mailman
    Barkley
    Stockton
    Nique
    Iverson
    Ewing
    Reggie
    Nash
    CP3
    Blake
    Dame
    Butler
    Russ

jiggyfly, raining threes and HP3 like this.
  17. HP3

HP3 Member

If you really think KD was the only reason they lost to GS, than I dont know what to tell you. Its flat out not true. Westbrook was also equally terrible and cost them that series.

Shooters? Dude had shooters here and did nothing with them. He had Paul George in OKC and couldnt get out of the first round TWICE. He got washed by a Rookie and then got washed by Lillard.

#77 HP3, Dec 17, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
  18. raining threes

Because there were also fradulent mail in ballots with only Biden being voted for. No other people on the ballot were voted for.

So you honestly believe when we went to bad on election night and supposedly Trump was ahead by 600,000 votes in Pennsylvania and that the next day they started counting again with only 3 counties left and one of those was a 50,000 vote Trump county but Trump lost? LMAO This doesn't even take into account that judges changed the laws to help Biden when only the legislature was supposed to be able to change the law. I cant blame the SCOTUS for not taking the case though. Ironic thing is if you dont like POTUS Trump wait until you get ahold of citizen Trump who feels the election was stolen from him. This should be great entertainment. Let the lawsuits fly. I wouldn't want to be in Hunter's shoes right now.

I'm done, this is going nowhere.

#78 raining threes, Dec 17, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
  19. icewill36

icewill36 Member

if you watch KD in game 6 you know he threw the game. shooters here ? the rockets have volume shooters, not good shooters. our percent on wide open makes was one of the worst in the league. beyond shooting we lacked size and overall talent. if seems your morons on this board can only focus on someones 3pt % as if its the only part of basketball.

PG was injured both years in OKC and required surgery both offseasons afterwards and so did westbrook. furthermore, kawhi didnt win with PG either, and he was healthy this time. so what ?

Cladyclad likes this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Patience and HP3 like this.