1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tim Macmahon is a joke why did ESPN allow a Dallas castoff to cover our team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HardenVolumeOne, Dec 16, 2020.

1. clos4life

clos4life Member

Brabra, of course!

BossHogg713 likes this.
  2. HP3

HP3 Member

See, look at how the narrative flipped. Tim Machmahon is the leading the charge here. LOL Daryl Morey was always going to leave but yea all the coaches knew about Daryl being gone....but oh wait, that wasnt the case.

D-rock likes this.
  3. Nimo

Nimo Member

There is some truth in every article. Think of it like a painting. The facts are the canvas. However the the reporter can paint a lot of different pictures and tell a different story based on those facts. When the story is as ugly and personal as his was, it is hard to separate the truth from opinion.

Me, I just throw the whole painting away.

D-rock likes this.
  4. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

Agreed

DVauthrin likes this.
  5. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I didn't know about staying extra days in places where Harden wanted to party, etc -- I didn't know about any of that stuff, but no question yes... Harden got whatever he wanted. I talked about it on the recent podcast. They literally created a monster and they are well aware it has come back to bite them. The better he got the more subservient they became and it really got bad after the Unguardable Tour.

I mean, honestly... James Harden is a high IQ player. He knows the game, he knows the strengths of the team, inside and out. You're telling me he wanted Russell Westbrook to replace Chris Paul for basketball reasons? I mean WTF... No way. Or he became clueless about the game overnight. He didn't like CP3 barking to him as a leader. He viewed him as beneath him at that point and he wielded his power.

I'm telling you... NO WAY DARYL MOREY TRADES CHRIS PAUL AND FOUR FIRST ROUND PICK OBLIGATIONS for RUSSELL WESTBROOK! Nothing in his mind nor his computer would tell him that was a good deal. Look at all of Morey's trades then look at that one... It sticks out like a sore thumb. Harden flexed, Tilman bought in and voila... The man put a franchise in a major bind.

One day, when Harden's game has declined, he has lost his star power and some semblance of humility returns, I think he's going to look back at this time with regret.

6. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

This site rules.

BHannes2BHonest, D-rock and DVauthrin like this.
  7. HP3

HP3 Member

What I dont get, and what I continue to not get is that if he was such a monster who got everything he wanted than why didnt we pay luxury tax? Not once. When we ABSOLUTELY needed it? Why was Ariza let go when it was clear he needed to pay him and we never filled that void? Look at what Ariza got as an asset even.

So we gave him everything, except the thing we probably needed most, especially at the time we needed it.

Look, Im not saying Harden isnt a diva or didnt have power or whatever. But the way its being framed here is so one sided.

And WHY DID DARYL QUIT? Do you guys really believe that GMs who trade people they draft all the time would quit just because James wouldnt sign an extension? But Tim says Daryl quit on us right?

Yea Tim, you perspective is all good. :rolleyes:

D-rock likes this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Tim's CP3 ball movement BS has been exposed.

HP3 likes this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

HP3 likes this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

NBA reporting legend Peter Vecsey fvcks up Tim MacMahon on twitter regarding this OBVIOUS Harden hit job and Tim just grins and eats it.

LOL

#30 D-rock, Dec 17, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
    HP3 likes this.
  11. FatSeagal

FatSeagal Member

That's journalism for ya. All that matters is clicks

daywalker02 and D-rock like this.
  12. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

How exactly does a harden character hit piece help TF in any way, shape, or form right now? Why on god's green earth would TF want to devalue his single biggest asset which, btw, he's literally trying to trade?

Anyone surprised or offended by a Harden hit piece has probably had blinders on for many years. The same guy who more or less tanked in the playoffs and has routinely demonstrated a lack of championship character doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Nelly and Rockets4Life13 like this.
  13. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I smell Morey with all of it. He might have payed my guy to do it too. Anything to crush Harden’s trade value so Houston might take a lowball offer.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

mic dropped!

DD

tinman likes this.
  15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

All this time, I thought Steve Francis built Toyota Center

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

If people hate a reporter because he's asking tough questions to players he's doing his job right.

treyk3 likes this.
  17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Thats not really answering my question about culture and you even seem to say things just changed in the last year or so, which is a far cry from what Timmy is saying.

I will fault James for not being able to work with CP3 but let's be realistic CP3 has done nothing for him to think his opinion is better than Harden.

I knew the Westbrook trade was bad and hated it but that does not mean we can now retroactively start ******** on everything Harden has done while being a Rocket.

Has he been handpicking the rosters since he has been here as Tim is implying?

Didn't Paul cancel shoot arounds but Harden wanted them?

What do you mean he got everything he wanted?

I am not saying you don't know what you are talking about, I just want some clarity from someone who is closer to the action.

HP3 likes this.
  18. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Y’all didn’t need this report to know about Harden and what he’s been doing.

I’ve Been telling you guys since forever. Harden is constantly out till 5-6 am on playoff game nights. His entourage of friends are not his teammates, he has a diff lifestyle. Sometimes he would have Terrence Jones join him and others, but no player really is with him from the team. He def acts superstarish around his guys as well.

I could say more....... but

DonKnock, BHannes2BHonest and J.R. like this.
  19. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Forrealz! I haven’t even heard of a single fine!?! Even Kyrie doesn’t get that kind of star treatment. IMO, they do these drama stuff to keep off-season interesting. As long as they got us watching and clicking, it keeps the lights on. It’s entertaining at best. Money talks in this world period. Harden has the trophy called biggest contract ever. Now he bout to sign biggest contract-extension ever... with less partying rights. Silas is a bada$$. Reigning in the partying for one season will yield him a championship. It’s a team trophy. Not an individual MVP trophy.

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Legend? Vecsey sucks. There even used to be a member here named @VecseySux

D-rock likes this.