1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Report: Russell Westbrook 'appalled' by Rockets team culture, which revolves around James Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LosPollosHermanos, Dec 16, 2020.

1. bmelo

bmelo Member

He said during playoffs he is just running around and there is no system. That should tell you all you need to know because he wouldnt address his issues more directly. Im so glad this gimmick offense is finally gone

rockets1995 and fchowd0311 like this.
  2. Asian Sensation

@LosPollosHermanos eluded to this a week ago. It stood out and I remembered cause it’s what I suspected all along.

Harden fanbois in typical fashion tried to bury it just like anything else that potentially casts Harden even in the slightest negative way. “It’s all Tilman’s fault.” “Westbrick sucks.” “WTF does Arenas know about basketball?” Those may or may not be true but that’s not the point.

Deflecting and pointing blame away from the main issue (Harden) is not going to make him stay and lead us to a Championship. Sorry not sorry.

https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/...eevaluate-how-he-plays-the-game.308966/page-4

LosPollosHermanos and Rudyc281 like this.
  3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

You say OKC did not cave to Westbrook?
    literally everyone in the organization's #1 goal was his triple double season
    Not to win
    Not a championship
    Not building for the future. . .
    His MVP Triple Double season

Did the Rockets every do that ?

Rocket River

4. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

This is a bit overblown. But it also explains why I have been less enthusiastic during the Harden years. Superstars often run the team. Thats just how it is. LeBron is no different. I like LeBron on the court, I dont like him off the court. LeBron wants to win. I can respect that.

Harden just enjoys being lowkey King. Of course he wants to win, but his lifestyle is more important. Nothing wrong with that. But I want a winner who brings it every night and who is willing to trust his teammates, including coach and staff.

Jordan was coachable. That is the only reason why he is GOAT.

5. jogo

jogo Member

"It’s all Tilman’s fault.” True. It's hard to find ANYONE who disagrees with this. Former players, current players, almost everyone on clutchfans. The only people who don't believe this are Tilman and his family.

“Westbrick sucks.” I don't know if he sucks but he sucked for the Rockets. Seriously, we were worse with him on the court. Did really stupid things in the playoffs.

“WTF does Arenas know about basketball?” YES. This guy is irrelevant now and has done some really dumb sh in the past. I don't know why anyone would care about his opinions.

Those may or may not be true but that’s not the point. These are ALL true and that IS the point. The main issue is Tillman, it couldn't be more clear. Harden is acting like almost every other big star in the NBA acts. Every other team in the NBA caters to their stars the same way as Harden been treated. I don't like what he's doing but to believe the BS that this is somehow prima donna is to be blind with the way the NBA works for its stars. Some people would prefer to have a "fun team" that doesn't make the playoffs to a team that actually scares other teams. I prefer the scary team. Sorry, not sorry.

Nook, HP3 and D-rock like this.
  6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

It’s the harden cult, it’s on par with trump. They don’t care what he does.

and for the record WB is delusional, he was the MAIN problem, but at the same time he is allowed to make valid points as he worked more closely with James than anyone. If it’s not their echo chamber his peanut gallery goes haywire

7. Salvy

Salvy Member

Hol up, Trump is a winner and a true American. Unlike Harden who caters to the Chinese communist party just like the NBA and literally all media outlets. I do agree on WB thou, I keep remembering him in the bubble against the Lakers getting blocked over and over again. So glad Simmons is soon going to be here...

raining threes likes this.
  8. dmoneybangbang

Russ was more or less the same at OKC except he seems to have the opposite type of personality as James.

9. Nook

Nook Member

Russ doesn’t watch any more film than anyone else. He is used to calling the shots in OKC and he went to a team where another player called the shots and Russ didn’t like it because he wasn’t the one making the calls. My guess is he thought he could get his way and that didn’t happen.

The Rockets bent over backwards to accommodate him. They changed their offensive system and Harden even changed his game and it didn’t matter because at the end of the day, he isn’t a very smart player and it is exposed in the playoffs.

He will never change either, rather than make adjustments to his game he did what he always does, sticks his head down... he recently told the Wizards he won’t change how he plays and was glad to be traded so he can “play his way”.

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

#50 D-rock, Dec 16, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
  11. Nook

Nook Member

Russ is very regimented, very structured and sees everything in black and white. He also is not very creative not flexible. Westbrook is also very confrontational.

James Harden is regimented in that he always gets his work in, but he doesn’t naturally like having a set schedule and he is really big on individual workouts. Harden figures he gets done what needs to be done, so people should stay off his back. That makes it hard for a coach to stay on schedule. Harden is very creative and adaptive.

Very different personalities and both have huge egos. At the end of the day they both get their work in and both practice and play hard.

Both have such big egos that they failed to see compatibility would be an issue.

KD and George were not big fans of how regimented Westbrook was.... Paul and Ariza didn’t like how Harden was so flighty.

12. Nook

Nook Member

Hold up, Trump is a winner? He just lost like a month ago

cdain3 likes this.
  13. Remix

Remix Member

Meh, don't really care TBH. It's a superstar league. Harden is the only reason we have been relevant the past couple of years

raining threes and HP3 like this.
  14. HP3

HP3 Member

Oh man Im glad all that Westbrook was doing all that winning in the playoffs with all that "structure".......oh wait.

15. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

Repeatedly

16. pass_to_Hakeem

17. pass_to_Hakeem

What structure? Yeah MDA was full of structure wasn’t he? “Here James bring the ball up and find your shot”

That worked great for HOU

18. HP3

HP3 Member

Works well when you have talent. Worked well with Chris Paul.

Everyone likes it until they dont play well, then they get salty.

19. Buck Turgidson

Ivanka says "hi"

[​IMG]

Trump lost so much that Biden is now the 72nd President of the USA

NO MORE POLITICS. I APOLOGIZE.

20. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

this coming from a guy who takes awful shots.......if true