1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Harden situation looking better

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CXbby, Dec 16, 2020.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Was Morey instrumental in leaking negative stories about the Celts when he left? There is no precedence to suggest this.

Why would Morey undermine his own reputation by leaking entitlement and culture issues after the fact? Creating and implementing successful culture is role of management. Why would Morey want the public to believe he was a driving force in a toxic environment?

And there is no positive to be gained by staining the star you covet's reputation and past performance, especially when Morey carefully cultivated Harden's uniquenes and greatness, repeatedly and consistently.

Dacamel and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Lol this level of delusional is quite concerning

DatRocketFan likes this.
  3. CXbby

CXbby Member

It was a joke.

D-rock likes this.
  4. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

it can't hurt to be optimistic. I prefer OP's scenario happening, rather than us getting trade raped and proceeding to suck for god knows how long.

5. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

There are two points to keep in mind

The first being Harden is 31. He is no longer the 26 year old super star. The new culture is not going to let him run the team like he used to.

While Harden is a source of many issues, we know TF has stepped in and shaken the pot. Harden is not sticking with TF.

6. CXbby

CXbby Member

It looks like Harden is softening his stance and going to be professional and he even looks engaged. The next step is to win. If we don't win then it's all a moot point and he will be gone by the deadline. But if we are a top 3 seed then it's starts to get interesting and minds start to change.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I guess they also photoshopped his body.

He actually looks like Dwert.

8. TimDuncanDonaut

Daryl is cunning, but I'd like to think with his tenure here, that he's also someone with a bit of integrity. The newspaper ad he posted about Harden and the City. --That he wouldn't resort to something like this, just to land a talent.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I hope you are right sir, we can use a motivated Harden .....and a rejuvenated Wall, and a healthy and mature Boogie.....

We are like the Island of Misfit toys.........but with a championship talent level.

DD

Dacamel, Astrodome and justtxyank like this.
  10. csc177

csc177 Member

It’s not any better. This is season one of real housewives of Houston.

11. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Not unexpected. After all it's 2020 and that's where the country is now: "Why accept reality when you can make your own reality?"

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We haven't even seen the real all-star Christian Wood next to him.

Dacamel and treyk3 like this.
  13. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

You forgot Harden parties in Vegas, Rockets say yes

14. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I doubt the media stories are coming from the Rockets just to make Harden look bad. The Rockets are interested in making it work and having Harden stick around. Also, if the Rockets wanted to move on from Harden these stories are just hurting his trade value rather than maximizing it.

If Harden is on the court I'm sure he'll produce great stats. He's not going to pull a Vince Carter. I hope we get an honest chance to see him, Wall, Woods, and Cousins together but if we need to move on I'm sure we'll get a great haul for him. There's no way all these other guys like PG and Jrue get a bunch of picks for their teams while we'll get scraps for a true MVP.

bballjunkie likes this.
  15. csc177

csc177 Member

Love Silas. He basically said in the most professional/ eloquent way: stop asking me the same damn questions everyday about harden and how he feels.

this story will never die and trust me there will be a breaking point w/ the media when someone gets tired of answering it.

16. Crybabyjames

Crybabyjames Member

This is what desperation sounds like hahahahahahahah

17. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Right, but the rockets org that enabled it was mostly pre-Tilman, and the messaging is that this current version of the rockets organization (Tilman era) is putting their foot down and won't let big bad Harden have his way anymore.

18. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

ah yes after Tilman offered a contact extension to toxic harden, he realized the error of his ways after being rejected.

harold bingo likes this.
  19. Newlin

Newlin Member

Yes. Patrick is telling Harden that there’s a new sheriff in town.

20. Lunareste

Lunareste Member

If we all pitch in, we can get them a gift card to Landry's