1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets to sign Trey Mourning, the son of Alonzo Mourning

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

This can only be for PR value. I can’t imagine any advanced analytic on him that would support him as an NBA player, but there could always be something hidden in his game I guess that doesn’t come immediately to mind.

saleem likes this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

Is Christian Wood healthy?

Not sure why the Rockets want him. He wasn’t even a good college player at Georgetown and was mediocre in the G-League where he (of course) was playing for the Miami team.

tinman and D-rock like this.
  3. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

And so our story takes us to Mouring where well known space traveler, Flash Gordon takes a trip to his
    Cousins House. Once there, Flash accidentally crashes through the living room Wall. Extremely upset
    DeMarcus yells, “you better find a Mason to fix that, you S.O.B.”

DeMarcus: “The Mason better match that Green stucco once it Hardens, or its your Nwaba @$$!”

As Flash leaves the dwelling he mumbles to himself, “I don’t care about no, stucco Wall, just put some
    Wood over that hole and paint it Brown, i don’t even care.”

DeMarcus: “What did you say?”

Gordon: “Nothing, Googling it right now, boss.”

Once home, Gordon puts on his new PJ’s and starts listening to Bruno,”Easy come, Easy go, that’s just how you live....”

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  4. csc177

csc177 Member

Well look at this.... A son of a former nba player giving other sons of nba players a job.

...is this the new thing in Houston?

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

I thought the same thing.

Woody's elbow must be more serious than realized.

But Trey is a head scratcher because he really doesnt do anything special.

He doesnt share his dad's love for the weights and he did not inherit his physical demeanor nor his pterodactyl wingspan .

Trey is 6'9 with 7'0 wingspan while Zo was 6'10 with 7'6 wingspan.

And their games are nothing alike.

saleem likes this.
  6. jch1911

jch1911 Member

#hoyasaxa

WE ARE.... GEORGETOWN!

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Who are those sons of anarchy popping out of nowhere?

saleem likes this.
  8. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

This also came out before the injury. As @BimaThug has gone over, the Rockets can’t sign anyone anymore and likely have to cut Green

9. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Most likely, the Rockets will waive one of Queen or Thomas before signing--and then waiving--Mourning.

This is all being done in order to secure Mourning's exclusive G-League rights for the Vipers. He'll likely join Queen and Thomas on the Vipers this season. (It is also possible they could waive one of Jones or Wooten and convert Queen or Thomas to a two-way contract.)

Given that an NBA team can gain G-League rights to up to four "affiliate players" each season, I'm guessing they will do this one more time after this.

Deckard likes this.
  10. MykTek

MykTek Member

damn... i was thinking, Vince Carter needs to un-retire so he can dunk on him and be like "like father like son..." :p hehehe