1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Source: John Wall don't feel valued or respected by Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Eddie Cecco, Dec 16, 2020.

1. riko

riko Member

McMahon is the Rockets beat writer for espn so the majority of his reports come from the current regime in the hierarchy.

malakas and D-rock like this.
  2. treyk3

treyk3 Member

No I'm saying it's Rocket related.

They either have a trade done and are trying to ease the pain of trading him. It would be a for a huge package now. Don't worry.

or

They have decided not to trade him and will have sympathy because how he treated them in the past. They deserve to control his destiny because they have been his hostage.

There's no proof who leaked this and it says it's from an ex-coach. McMahon is clearly running everything by a source still at the Rockets but this all says from ex personnel.

3. riko

riko Member

I believe it’s the first one. A trade is nearing and they telling the fanbase look given everything this was the best deal we could get.

Richie_Rich, malakas and treyk3 like this.
  4. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I'm telling you. The deal now will not be underwhelming.

It's a Simmons package if a deal is done now. Anything else can wait. That already is a good start.

I believe Thybulle is a must include as well.

Jontro likes this.
  5. Jontro

Jontro Member

if tillmen is petty, he'd keep harden till his contract runs out in 2 years. he'd be 33(?) by the time he declines his player option and becomes a free agent. that's 2 years of his prime thrown away. then he can ring hop to another team as a 3rd option and greatly diminish his championship and legacy. tillmen is happy, people are eating at landry's, and patrick slides in as the new boss. win-win.

6. riko

riko Member

We will see . Hopefully we get something out of it.Yeah the deal would be Simmons as the common denominator

7. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Right, like there hasn't been a whole lot of mediocrity since Harden got here. If not for Josh Smith, Dwight Howard and Corey Brewer saving the season while he was on the bench he'd have the same number of WCF appearances as the blazers and nuggets since he's been here.

Yeah, I'd trade this version of mediocrity for the previous rockets version of mediocrity any day.

Again, I can't wait until this guy is gone.

Lloyd Estacio likes this.
  8. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Damn bro! Speak for yourself!
    I def won't hate on her "onlyfans".
    Give me her only fans and give it now!.

JayGoogle likes this.
  9. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah I’m aware of who he is. That doesn’t mean he’s getting inside information from then about discourse either though.

10. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

If Mcmahon is the Rockets beat writer, no way the team allows this to be written without their consent. What doesn't make sense is they're hurting their own cause by hurting his value. It's literally bad business for the team. Morey must be laughing his ass off waiting to call with yet ANOTHER low ball offer.

malakas, TimDuncanDonaut and riko like this.
  11. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

U ju gee ollll

malakas likes this.
  12. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Why is nobody saying anything about the guy just saying "My source"?

34to11 and ksny15 like this.
  13. DCballer

DCballer Member

Haha you do apparently

14. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

great how long before wall wants to be traded

D-rock likes this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Where was all this moral outrage from media when Iggy decided to never suit up for Grizz even though he was on multi year contract?

That was just LAST SEASON!

34to11 likes this.
  16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I think if there were fans in the stands, Wall would be the one feeling loved, & respected and not so much Harden.

Houston fans are pretty mild, but they do really go out of their way to cheer a bit more for guys like Wall. We don't boo guys like Harden like you'd see in New York, but I don't think he'd be showered with love right now if there were fans in the stands.

It also was eye opening last night when Bill Worrell was talking about the value that there is in the players normally getting to interact daily with the larger staff and the broadcasters. Normally John Wall would be talking to guys like Calvin Murphy, etc. and he'd get a better feel for what the team culture really embraces.

So having Harden's respect is a short term sting for sure, but long term I think Wall will feel pretty good about his time here in Houston which looks like will be for some time since his deal is damn near untradeable. When Harden's day in Houston is up which will be sooner rather than later IMO, Wall will be the man in Houston, and I think he's going to be a happy leader for many years with a ton of respect around the league as a solid veteran all star level franchise leader.

malakas likes this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

I call bullshit.

18. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

Thank Goodness Harden wanted out before the Trade for Wall.

19. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

I wonder if Morey still lurks on here lol

20. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

That word doesn’t mean what you think it means.

Pandaemonaeon and Patience like this.