1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden and the Houston Rockets are at a breaking point

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stormy1234, Dec 16, 2020.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Could have spent it on someone who is really his lil baby.

2. a time to chill

I'm ready for the Rockets to get a deal done to move Harden. I only hope that more articles like this don't come out and hurt his trade value. If Harden ain't won a championship by now in Houston, it's never going to happen. We can't let Harden leave without getting some solid pieces to start a rebuild.

ashleyem likes this.
  3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

You're in this case are all gone. Morley, MDT, gone.

Don't put that **** on Silas or Stone. They are trying to "fix it" and oh what a tantrum is being had.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  4. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Tilman laying the hammer down and I love it.

It isn’t about harden feeling like this isn’t a championship team or “supposedly” Tilman being cheap or any other excuse harden and his fans make up.

It’s about Tilman setting the culture now and denying all this crap that morey and MDA and harden got away with like if they won 2/3 championships smh.

Tilman is running the show now and I love it.

5. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

Rockets are losing leverage every day. Harden seems like a headache and burden. Almost at the cusp of being an albatross contract

6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Sorry but this was about everybody believing this hit piece as the end all.

It was not a personal shot at you I have no issues going right at you if thats what was attended.

This not about giving anyone a pass it's about why now and who is it benefitting.

Nook likes this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

ah gotcha. I didn't see that part or I would have mentioned the same. but yeah beal signing that extension moved his PO to the 22-23 season

we're all just waiting for harden now and how those teams that were waiting for Giannis are now going to pivot

ElPigto likes this.
  8. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

Eh. This has been hinted at for a long time with Harden that he has a worse reputation for being a professional than most other stars around the league.

He seems like a likeable person for the most part, which is probably why role players typically seem to have a really good relationship with him but he's had so many issues with guys who have more stature.

9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Of course this is what I was talking about.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  10. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

And don’t put that’s $&@! On Tilman either

11. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Facts. The Harden deal was a nobrainer. But after the Harden deal I would say 75% of his transactions were bad. The worst one was hiring McHale. He wasted three years of our window.

Ben Frank likes this.
  12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Who the **** is this guy?

13. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

The biggest problem with the Rockets is there are still remnants of Morey's fingerprints still left behind (Harden).

Morey led the Rockets towards mediocrity over the last decade + and Harden's presence is a big reminder of that.

All traces of Morey must be eradicated from the franchise, in order for them to move forward.

I don't think Harden will do well at 30 years old in a team that is not built to suit him in putting up big individual numbers (biggest priority of Harden)

The team trading away a superstar rarely gets the better end of a deal. The time to make best deals are behind the Rockets. The penultimate divorce is only going to damage both parties further (Rox and Harden).

14. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Fair enough. If you’ve read what I’ve said though, I’m not putting blame on anyone specifically, instead putting it on all involved.

jiggyfly likes this.
  15. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Not sure if I believe the article 100%, but this is the hit piece that we need to hopefully send a message to Harden. Maybe with the public blow back he will soften his trade demand and give this new team / coach / GM a chance.

bballjunkie likes this.
  16. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Calling candy nazi

17. verysimplejason

I didn't realize that Harden was doing it with the Rockets for 8 years already. What's the point?

18. junk151

junk151 Member

Maybe lil baby IS his lil baby.

a time to chill and daywalker02 like this.
  19. icewill36

icewill36 Member

the opposite will happen. he will like the source is from inside current admin and want out even more. we need to get a deal done ASAP

jiggyfly likes this.
  20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Says who?

Until this trade demand there has been no peep about him getting everything he wants or controlling the organization.

The only thing bad that was said about him was him liking strippers and staying out late and even that had stopped being said.

What issues has he had with guys who have more stature. CP3 and Howard?

Guys that have had issues at all there previous stops? How is that now laid at the feet of Harden?

Westbrook had no issues with Harden he just wanted to run his own team.