1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden is not talking to the media

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stormy1234, Dec 15, 2020.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

thats besides the point. His contract requires him to speak to the media.

he is NOT doing his job. It’s not even arguable. It’s fact.

I’m also increasingly confused about the concept of someone being paid for what they did. His salary this year... is for THIS YEAR. Not for what he did last year.

Imagine if he just sat out and didn’t play. Would he have earned that right, too?

2. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Lmao people are mad he’s not taking to the media. Who the **** cares if he’s “breaking” his contract by not talking to the media. This is the same media that Rockets fans have slandered the past 8 years for not giving Harden & Houston their due. **** the media and their agenda.

Jontro and HardenVolumeOne like this.
  3. juanm34

juanm34 Member

No worries, The Tilman will speak on his behalf.

smp likes this.
  4. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

guess he'll just continue to let his agent..ahem, his mommy... speak for him...

I always knew this dude was a self absorbed diva... but he has such talent... and everybody on CF told me I was a hater for being put off due to stuff like 'cornerstones and role players' and 'those that matter dont mind - and those mind dont matter' and having issues with anybody that wasnt willing to bury their head in the sand and kiss his a$$...

I was a Rockets fan long before James Harden - and I will probably be a greater fan after he is gone... screw this dude...

couldnt even win a championship with KD, WB and Ibaka... screw him...

LosPollosHermanos and J.R. like this.
  5. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Idc about him placating the media... but I think the fans who have supported him all these years deserve to hear what he has to say...

Of course we never got an explanation for his total meltdown against SAS where it looked like he forgot how to play basketball... looking back I think the rumor that Ariza called him out after the previous game was prob true - and that was just James being a petulant child... imo.... and thats all i have to go by, since he was never a man and addressed the issue... (and DM gave him the max extension after that meltdown - i think DM was an enabler for poor behavior...)

yeh... on second thought... I dont even wanna hear what this 2 faced diva has to say after all... screw him...

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

its part of his contract. Agree, media can be annoying but that’s part of being in the entertainment business. He has a hard time understanding that 40 mil comes with strings attached, his inner circle needs to do a better job

kjayp likes this.
  7. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Amazing how all his “haters” that complained about his lazy and selfish play called his character right? Imagine being paid 40 mil and being a lil b****

kjayp likes this.
  8. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Hmm, this that pawn talk.. o_O Not dignifying the PAWNS with responses #WakeUp

9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I have no clue what this means.

kjayp likes this.
  10. HardenVolumeOne

Only darkskin nba players are heavily criticized among casual media and nba fans. Why is that

Jontro likes this.
  11. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

this is a sad take. what white or light skinned super star player has forced his movement in the past ten years?

If Stef Curry was to force his way out of Golden State - those fans would turn on him too

I'm still trying to think of a white super star

12. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

That's James Harden lol. He never shows up in the moment of truth... on and off the court. So keep hiding from the media and keep trying to draw the foul instead of truly shooting your shot.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  13. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Maybe he is just taking safety precautions because of COVID.

/s

14. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

The media shouldn’t even exist, they just ask horrible stupid questions 99.9% of the time.

15. HardenVolumeOne

In 2019 the media gloated about the warriors not needing Durant in the finals, claiming that the warriors were much more exciting without the two-time finals mvp Durants iso ball. When the warriors specifically steph curry started getting exposed in the finals againist the raptors. The same media claimed Durant was faking his injury and proclaimed Durant silently enjoyed seeing the warriors lose without. The media guilted Durant to rush back from injury because the media wanted steph curry to get a FINALS MVP. How do you explain Malcolm brogdon winning roty over embiid and Simmons(even though he wasn’t a rookie) winning the award over Donovan Mitchell. Luckily Lebron has power or else he would be the media’s whipping boy as well. Also notice they never vote Lebron or harden to be league mvp recently. The only year harden won it was because they didn’t want to vote for Lebron. The media do not want harden to finish his career as a more celebrated player than steph curry. The media wants curry to be the player that defined this era.( even though it’s harden) who has rerevolutionized the game 3 separate times during his career in houston

Check this article out. This was written in 2015.

https://theundefeated.com/features/light-skinned-vs-dark-skinned/

“James Harden doesn’t stand a chance to win the MVP,” a college professor on the West Coast proclaimed in his class when I visited his school in 2015, referring to Curry’s closest competitor for the award. “He’s too dark and ‘too black.’ ”

16. Spooner

Spooner Member

Luka Donic and Jokic are top 10 players IMO. Both are superstars and Luka will probably win MVP at some point.

Edit - I think you meant white players forcing a trade. I see, nvm in that case I can’t think of any.

kjayp likes this.
  17. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

there is quite obviously an unconscious bias that exists in every one of us. furthermore, society has continually proven that the racism is more alive than most of us would have ever believed possible. so I'm not going to totally discount you, but I would assert that the fervor of the fandbase towards is superstars is equal to the anger they'd project if said star chooses to leave.

Frankly - I was always pretty pissed that Brent Barry would never come to Houston. What, was he too good for us? Son of a.....

18. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Have you read his contract ?

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I know he isn't a player but I'm trying to criticize Fertitta enough to make up for it. Black, white, blue. Nobody wants to play for that bozo period.

20. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Media relations etc is a pretty commonly known expectation