1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

[Woj] Harden continues to push for trade despite Wall’s arrival

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Dec 14, 2020.

?

Where will Harden end up?

Poll closed Dec 21, 2020.
  1. Houston

98 vote(s)
    35.4%
  2. Brooklyn

8 vote(s)
    2.9%
  3. Philadelphia

105 vote(s)
    37.9%
  4. Miami

42 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Others

24 vote(s)
    8.7%
  1. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Morey with the support on that last tweet

2. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Sadly, I can't argue any of this. I still want him to give it one more year in Houston, though.

3. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

When is last time Brooklyn and Philly have won anything?

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

excellent post

all the individual accolades will ring hollow if he retires without a ring, and time is ticking

BHannes2BHonest and D-rock like this.
  5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Woj has been corrupted it seems like. Part of the ESPN family fully and trying to push Harden into a bigger market.

I'll never forget that ESPN tried to 100% fabricate that Zion didn't want to play for NOP and instead wanted to play for the Knicks.

6. Nook

Nook Member

McMahon is the new default mouth piece for Tilman Fertitta.

My question is when is the Rockets GM going to make a comment?

So far the rookie head coach and a handful of players have had to deal with all of the media blitz.

Harden isn't going to handle it until he decides he is ready. He really dislikes conflict in a group of people and he has zero love for the media for their favoritism in the past.

McMahon and that clique will destroy Harden and undermine how good he is..... the Shelburne's, McMahon's, Lowe's, Woj's and a handful of other media people decide what fans will think of certain players....

7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

It will not be worth it if he is not happy to be there, can you imagine if Jordan was disgruntled?

Oh yeah he retired.

BHannes2BHonest, Reeko and D-rock like this.
  8. dmoneybangbang

His lack accountability still rubs me the wrong way, he got the superstar treatment and got a voice in the organization. There's no arguing against the current situation with the owner (cheap), the gm (rookie), and the coach (rookie).

9. Nook

Nook Member

Everyone does unless they are objectively a hater.

The problem is Harden has made it clear for a handful of years he wants to win a title above all else.

People are taking this way too personally..

clutchdabear, Deuce, onreego and 2 others like this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

It's too bad we cannot sticky this post.

The media disinformation is running rampant in trying to get Harden out of Houston while at the same time slandering Harden so his value drops to nothing.

11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

All very good points. It's totally understandable why Harden would want to leave. Realistically, winning a championship with this group is a major long shot and the Houston front office and the fans have to accept that.

I think Harden should be a professional and play, but I also think the Rockets should in turn do him a solid and actively look for a trade that helps him and also puts their future on more solid footing. Hopefully they can work it out internally and not fight each other with competing media narratives.

Harden has been a great player for us. I would like his time as a Rocket to end in an amicable fashion.

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

Is he also the same guy who made Tilman deem LT savings the main priority after making it to game 7 of the WCF so that we could go bargain bin shopping for the likes of MCW and Ennis who we ended up giving away in the end to save money anways?

lol at trying to put Nwaba on Roco’s level...just stop

that 43% 3 point shooting from him last season was on 28 attempts...

before that he was shooting 33% on 132 attempts...he’s also 66% from the free throw line on 354 attempts, so u tell me if he truly has the profile of a great shooter

Nwaba is irrelevant

this team has a lot going if you’re talking about being an ok playoff team, not if you’re talking about actually contending

joshuaao, D-rock and YOLO like this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

Accountability? He is no different than the other superstars in the league. The only fair talking point I have heard is he took the full extension when he could have taken a shorter contract. I am sure he would say that he had a different GM, HC and team around him when he signed that extension.

What Harden is doing is very similar to the superstar players around him in his era have and are doing.

The NBA has allowed this to happen with the owners and the commissioner bending over backwards for the superstar players in the league. The superstar players control the players association..... they have a degree of control over roster building, who gets what contract.... who the coach is, when they practice and play and even what causes the teams support.

We don't like it because Harden is exercising it against the team we follow. I remember when James was having say over the roster and coach that it would be a problem.... then that turned into having control over where players go through agencies.... then LeBron James just deciding he wouldn't play for awhile...... then Leonard sitting out the entire season because he no longer wanted to be a Spur.... and now Harden trying to get traded with two years on his contract.

Change the rules and the culture around the league so that 5 stars do not determine what the league will do.

14. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Uh oh. James Harden posting songs on his IG like a 12 year old now.

ipaman and cmoak1982 like this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

I think Harden and the team will start out trying hard to have a good break up.

The problem is that the team wants to keep Harden as long as possible to see if they can convince him to stay and that they win a lot of games...... Harden on the other hand, wants to get as much time possible with a team he views as elite.

As things drag out, it could cause some real issues....... for example, if at the all star break the Rockets haven't traded Harden, what can he do short of disobedience to motivate the Rockets to trade him?

clos4life, D-rock and Reeko like this.
  16. dmoneybangbang

Yep, and it can be shitty to the fans. I'm sure it was off putting to Cav fans with Lebron and its off putting to me as a Rockets fan when my franchise player does it.

Well naturally.

Harden is free to do what's best for himself, doesn't mean it's not off putting when it effects your favorite team.

Good luck.

17. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Kerr, Lue and Nurse all won championships as a 1st time coach and all within the past 5 years. Who says Silas can't? MDA had enough opportunities but couldn't make changes in-game when it counted.

Morey had been trying for forever to put together a BIG3. Harden because of Stone now has that opportunity with Wall and Cousins.

Maybe someone better let Harden know.
    If he gets traded, that team won't be a title contender because they'll have to give up too many assets.

If Harden stays, with Wall, Cousins and some of the other pieces we have, I don't think we're far off. Maybe another 1 or 2 pieces for depth.

BHannes2BHonest and D-rock like this.
  18. dmoneybangbang

Come on Nook..... this is sports fandom and we are talking about our franchise player. Objectively, Harden's behavior this offseason leading up to the beginning of training camp has been unprofessional.

19. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Only thing that resolves this is if the Rockets get started on an incredibly good run (winning 80% of their games) and appear to be contenders.

I've moved on at this point and I'm pretty numb to whatever. I'm just going to continue enjoying the team and whatever amount of time left Harden has a Rocket. It's been a fun ride and I have no doubt he will play badass this season as well. I'm not mad at him wanting to win a championship. I don't even care how he went about it. He's been professional and cool his whole time in Houston, so I'm not some whiny diva like some here that have gone full hater mode and are angry that they aren't wanted anymore.

Sometimes situations don't work out, no matter how hard everyone tried and some times it's time to move on. I certainly wish he would retire a Rocket, but if it isn't meant to be, I at least hope we get the most we can out of him, considering having an extremely great player is a nice luxury to be able to dangle for a significant return (don't care what the media is attempting to fabricate).

#319 ElPigto, Dec 14, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

What if Rockets have best record at that time?

Still believe Rockets are 1 more major roster move away from making this decision much harder for Harden.