1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Biden & Dem Moderation Cannot defeat Trumpism

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by glynch, Dec 11, 2020.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Biden's going to have his hands full just getting the nominations through. Consider the opposition already to Neera Tanden, the stuff they are criticizing her on relatively is pretty mild given much of the rhetoric out there. If Biden were to name more radical nominees he'll have a much bigger fight on this hands that will cripple him getting other things done.

dobro1229 likes this.
  2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Trumpism is just an idea... used to target people you disagree with. Also yall just rigged an election and took the presidency. You should be scared of conservatives and libertarians who have had enough. The populist uprising is upon you and it isn't simply TRUMPISM.

3. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Why should anyone be scared? Explain.

4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Because the dems had to cheat to win. It doesn't bode well for the left's future.

edited

#44 dachuda86, Dec 12, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
  5. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I didn't cheat. Name names. Who cheated?
    And I'm not scared.

6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

yall is not accurate, I apologize. The democrats. Sorry if you aren't a dem.

7. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Name names.
    I've defended some of your posts. Now I'm calling out some of your posts.

8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

It was a rigged election and if I had names then you would have them all too (criminals don't exactly work in the open). However the numbers don't lie. The sudden jumps in votes don't lie. The actions we see on video taken by people... clearly rigging it.... are showing all we need. The affidavits also give sworn testimony about bad actions taken. There will forever be an asterisk near Biden's name for this. There is no way GA didn't swing for Trump. There is no way 19 of 20 bellweather states didn't go for Biden. There is no way Biden outperformed in swing states versus other places in key demographics... it statistically is near impossible. Furthermore, Biden didn't even leave his basement and when he did only Trump voters were showing up. Nah bro... maybe you buy it but I certainly don't and neither does a large chunk of America. We all know Trump made enemies in the govt, in the dems esp, and in the media. They are all complacent right now and complicit to this because it benefits them.

9. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Since you like to talk about IF, if the moderates Dems lost even more US House Seats, and with an unusual number of GOP Senate seats up in 2020, the Dems lost just one of the GA Senate seats and got slaughtered even more in state legislative races (I think they won one back) while losing others would you still be content with the status quo and especially the status quo Dems.

Given the values you espouse at times your equanimity about the Dems looking so feeble and squeaking by against crazy man Trump is puzzling.

10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

A split congress when "experts" widely touted "more voters = more democrat votes" is a big billion dollar problem.

What glynch proposes in OP is not the answer to this.

mdrowe00, Buck Turgidson and B-Bob like this.
  11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They lost a lot of those races not bcause of moderation but because many of them were tied to messages like “Defund the Police.” Which played very poorly in suburbs.

I am very critical about the Democrats but part of my criticism is the idea that one size fits all for all districts is one of the biggest problems. This would like believing that Sheila Jackson Lee could win in Katy and that the reason why Democrats can’t win Katy is because they aren’t more Leftist

12. Buck Turgidson

Democratic Party messaging is their massive, major, deficit vs the Right. It's not policy, it's explaining policy to people.

jiggyfly, Reeko and mdrowe00 like this.
  13. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Well you do have the moderate line down as to why they generally lost, except for squeaking by at president, due to Trump's mishandling of Covid. Then you all of a sudden switch to talking about "one size fits all".

I still don't think you make the case that a mushy moderate message with small tweaks ( which you essentially propose as a sort of "one size fits all") can do much to help with the distress for much of the working class that fuels Trumpism.

"No" it is not all racism and pursuing the same moderate Clinton-Obama-Biden policies with a bit more "diversity" won't cut it. Did you not watch the GOP Convention, where except for LGBTQ and possibly Muslims, if anything they outdid the Dems on that tactic. 18% of black males voted for Trump and something like 8% of Black women and Trump gained with Latinos.

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Joe will be hamstrung for 4 years and then attacked as being able to get nothing done. This will be by design of course as we all know that there is no chance the Dems win in GA on Jan 4th.

2024 will be the year Trumpism Strikes Back.

15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Can Moderate Joe Biden defeat Trumpism????... NO

But you know what can @glynch ?

A coalition of voters & representatives from Bernie supporters to Lincoln Project Type Ex Republicans. It was never about Joe Biden being a savior messiah figure. It was about having a platform that normal everyday Patriotic Americans could all have a seat at the table with so we could be united against this fascistic cult that threatens Democracy.

So Glynch it's not about Biden really. It's about people like you being willing to join with other voters in a common cause. If the coalition of American's stands united (I know that sounds cheesy, but in the moment we are in its true) then we'll be able to impact common cause issues head on. It might not be as progressive as you'd like, and it might not be as free trade/capitalistic as a Lincoln Project type would like, we we'll get progress on common ground issues like Climate, Healthcare, poverty, race, etc. AND ... AND we'll be able to have a coalition at the ballot box that can beat a Dictatorship in the making.

If the coalition of voters falls apart, you do realize that the other side will make sure that NONE of the issues you care about will ever be addressed again, and you'll never really have a vote in this process again right???

So I challenge you to get out of Messiah mode, and stop focusing on Biden, and instead focus on voter coalition building. The Biden admin is going to go where that coalition wants them to go from a policy perspective because they know they need to keep that base together if they want to stay in power in 2022, and in 2024.

16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Bravo sir.

That's what is needed and I have never seen it said so succinctly.

The problem is if glynch started thinking this was he would have to get off his soapbox and actually engage other people instead of telling them how wrong they are for not thinking like him.

And that does not fit with his ego.

mdrowe00 and dobro1229 like this.
  17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Right and if Biden is proven to be the divisive figure Glynch thinks he will be and HE is the reason for the Coalition splitting, then ALL OF US will want him out and primaries in 23 because ALL OF US understand or should understand how important it is beyond the Messiah figurehead scenario that the coalition of voters stand together.

Trumpist takeover of Democracy is coming. It's loud and clear now, and can't be more obvious that it'll be back one way or another in less than 2 years during that election, and especially in 24. The Republican party will game the system, and take over the country for good if the coalition falls apart. It's just that simple.

jiggyfly likes this.
  18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Oh, @glynch isn't trolling. He's sincere, unlike @Trader_Jorge, @dachuda86, @bigtexxx, @tallanvor, several others and, sadly, @ROXRAN, who only trolls down here. Unlike them, @glynch is giving honest opinions and not "backtracking" when he thinks he may have gone too far. glynch never thinks he's gone to far. I admire that.

19. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

The good news is that they will be dying out. The 18-29 demographic went 62% for Biden and 35% for Trump. The 30-44 demographic went 52% for Biden and 45% for Trump. The 45 and above is where Trump was either tied or winning. Trump does well with seniors and some Gen-X. That is not sustainable for a party long term. Within 8 years, the republican party will die off, and something new will take its place.

20. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Hey hey I only troll when messing with hardline left folks , I love everyone. I wish everyone peace, love and prosperity and joyness