1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Harden continues to push for trade despite Wall’s arrival

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Dec 14, 2020.

?

Where will Harden end up?

Poll closed Dec 21, 2020.
  1. Houston

98 vote(s)
    35.4%
  2. Brooklyn

8 vote(s)
    2.9%
  3. Philadelphia

105 vote(s)
    37.9%
  4. Miami

42 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Others

24 vote(s)
    8.7%
  1. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Jesus those Philly fans are delusional. Thybulle and Harris for Harden?! Lmao gtfoh

2. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I bet morey would offer Simmons but the owners prolly refusing.

3. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

If we know Morey, which we all do, he will pull the trigger on trades he thinks will make his team astronomically better. It doesn't matter what he has said (about keeping Ben/Joel around).

Think about it:
    • He was willing to trade assets for Dwight Howard even if he didn't commit to Houston
    • He was willing to trade 4 FRPs for a potential 1-year rental of Jimmy Butler
    • He was willing to trade for Melo and give up whatever assets necessary
    If Sixers really wanted to trade for Harden, they have very likely made a strong offer already. Morey isn't an idiot and he knows the quicker he can get this done the better. He's going to trade the entire farm for Harden and make sure he keeps Joel Embiid. Everybody else is not untouchable in Morey's world.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't see a deal that would get done. Harden probably stays this year unless he's a complete POS about it....which is a very possible situation given his lack of character.

5. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

WOJ has been wrong about everything regarding Harden and don't even get me started on Ramona.

ClutchFam likes this.
  6. plates300

plates300 Member

Screw the media and all their narrative pushing. No way do I trade Harden for peanuts. He’s under contract for two more years. Not happy? Feel free to sit out and stay away from the team. You honor the contract that you signed.

ClutchFam and smp like this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

Anyone that thinks that Harden's opinion is going to have changed after two pre season games and not a single practice is mistaken.

James Harden is very hard headed, once he makes up his mind, it is very hard to change. That is what the Rockets are running into at this point.

The situation is fluid but those that are on the periphery of the situation are convinced it is only a matter of time before Harden is traded and likely the Rockets will reach the same conclusion internally soon as well.

When team like the Heat interject themselves into the conversation through the media, that almost guarantees that short of Harden absolutely falling in love with Silas and his new teammates, that he will be moved.

James.B.H, Deuce, joshuaao and 10 others like this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

what exactly has he been wrong about?

9. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Instead of having to decipher childish, moronic social media posts or getting thirdhand information from "Windy" and "Momo" on NYLASPN, why can't Harden just be a man and say what he wants directly?

Bo6, J.R., plates300 and 1 other person like this.
  10. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Honestly, I hope the Rockets do wait. Hopefully, we see a franchise that's not doing so well come trading deadline and they may want to part with a good piece. Think of someone like the Suns, where Devin Booker could become available for Harden if they just aren't the team they were in the bubble. I know CP3 is there, but who knows if his health holds up this season. How about Milwaukee and their on-going **** with Giannis, who knows if he commits there long term, maybe if they aren't doing so hot by mid season they decide to cash in on Giannis. Just some examples, doubt either of the two I mentioned become available, but you never know.

Personally, if Simmons and Herro are my options right now, I just wait. I'm not that high on Simmons, even though I'm slowly coming around (the fact that he hasn't learned to shoot a ball after 4 years in the league, seriously makes me question his motive to be a better player). Herro, he just had a good playoff run, don't know if he will be a franchise player.

joshuaao, plates300 and Patience like this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets organization is going through McMahon, Jonathan Feigen and Kelly Iko......... they have so far not gone through WOJ at all and certainly not Shelburne. From the James Harden side of the equation, he doesn't have a traditional agent and he doesn't have strong relationships with the media so it is hard to get anything of value from him.

What we can look at is the comments of John Wall after game 2 and those were not overly optimistic about Harden remaining a Rocket, and Wall had spoken recently to Harden.

James.B.H, Deuce, joshuaao and 3 others like this.
  12. FatSeagal

FatSeagal Member

Remember how much value people put into Sam Dekker?

cmoak1982 and ashleyem like this.
  13. riko

riko Member

He will have a huge chip on his shoulder to. I think he will probably start a little tentative wherever he lands but I think he will have a huge finish to the season. Harden will be a monster unfortunately it won’t be in htown

Reeko, Nook and ashleyem like this.
  14. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

This is a starting point at minimum. Will also need Thybulle + maybe one of their young prospects + 3 picks or 2 picks and 1 swap. Also depends on if we include Tucker or not. I assume Morey will value Tucker on a Philly team in need of toughness. As mentioned, Tucker's value stays high alongside Harden's and he isn't as valuable playing next to Harden IMO.

FatSeagal likes this.
  15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The professional volleyball player? No! Say it isn't so!

FatSeagal likes this.
  16. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

1 point that I thought was important from Kirk Goldsberry is that the likely trades aren’t the ones that are reported. He brought up the Kawhai trade (he was in SA for it), and that they knew for months that was the trade despite nobody in the media reporting it.

We can go on about how unlikely it is Harden is traded to certain teams but Houston will make best decision for Houston, and if you have a GM that’s in the ropes and needs to make a splash and enter the playoffs (like SAC), or a team that’s just on the cusp of being a true title contender (like IND or BOS), more deals will present themselves over time. This narrative that there are only a couple possible destinations is absolutely ludicrous IMO.

payaso and Jayzers_100 like this.
  17. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

“James Harden prefers to play with John Wall over Russell Westbrook”

18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Exactly!

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

People keep talking about the Heat, but I don't see anyone on their roster good enough to center thT kind of deal around other than Jimmy Butler.

20. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Who's to say he didn't say that, but still would ultimately prefer to be traded however?