1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

[Woj] Harden continues to push for trade despite Wall’s arrival

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Dec 14, 2020.

?

Where will Harden end up?

Poll closed Dec 21, 2020.
  1. Houston

98 vote(s)
    35.4%
  2. Brooklyn

8 vote(s)
    2.9%
  3. Philadelphia

105 vote(s)
    37.9%
  4. Miami

42 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Others

24 vote(s)
    8.7%
  1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Nah, mid-'80's. After Ralph cratered and we lost Wiggins, Lew and Lucas. Before that, SI and the rest of the print sports media thought we were the cat's pajamas.

HillBoy and Os Trigonum like this.
  2. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

The source is Russ Westbrick

3. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

We can flip Dinwiddie for picks? Yeah, go ahead and tell Brooklyn to find that third team that will give us picks for Dinwiddie lol. Caris is just a chucker who's already 26/27, and Allen is about to want a big contract when we have Wood.

The Nets trade is awful.

4. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

Simmons isn’t a fit with this offense, nor is he a fit next to John wall. I have yet to see any proposals that include a young up-and-coming star. That’s why I don’t think Harden is going anywhere. So far every proposed trade on the ESPN page is trash. Why would we put trade an all-star caliber for some role players? Some of those proposals are a total joke

5. opticon

opticon Member

Harden really can't push for anything thing till he opts out. We have his Bird Rights and there is not a team in the league that he actually wants to play for that can take on his salary with out the Rockets facilitating the trade. If he still had an agent like Rob Pelinka he would know that this is the worse time to try and force a trade. The league may not even be able to complete this season because of the threat of Covid.

Patience and BigShasta like this.
  6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

"Not much Better" is still better, and getting a pick & getting off of the risk of what type of player Russ will be moving forward in the later stage of his career is a win for the franchise.

But yeah.... John Wall isn't a difference maker in changing Harden's mind which is kind of my point. At this point the priorities are:

A. Put the team in a position to be fun and competitive while they re-tool (too many contracts to rebuild through draft only)
    B. See if we can get a Kawhi-Toronto type of season with Harden

If Harden won't get with the program once he realizes there's no market for him in a trade, and a trade won't happen till the Summer, will he buy in like Kawhi did in Toronto, or will he pout like Kawhi did in San Antonio?? I mean that's really the main question for this early part of the season that everything hinges on. I think everyone should except that Harden's time in Houston is very limited either way. If fans here are hoping that Harden will just suddenly change his mind, they are wildly out of touch with the modern day NBA.

Me personally.... If I was Stone... I wouldn't want to risk the notion that he might be Kawhi in San Antonio. If I had a deal that works, I'd have to make the move now and not risk it. If Harden comes in and is pouty, or does stat stuffing/play call off's/No Defense type of shenanigans it'll kill his trade value like it did with Kawhi. If Stone keeps him beyond the next week or two, he's basically telling us that there's no decent deals out there, and they are just going to hope that he'll be Kawhi in Toronto.

That's pretty much the Rockets pre-season in a nutshell.

Chamillionaire likes this.
  7. riko

riko Member

I agree with you on the court he usually balls. Personally I wished he went about it in a different way but I can understand why he wants nothing to do with Tillman

Patience and ElPigto like this.
  8. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

Same, I don't think he'll pull what Carter did in Toronto. I do see Harden still wanting to continue putting up his crazy offensive numbers.

Patience and ElPigto like this.
  9. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Doris Burke has more credibility

10. markelliott1997

Lol restaurant man bad. Never mind that this team might actually be better than last years.

11. Victorious

Victorious Member

What will it take for people to believe that Harden wants out? When he actually gets traded? Lol

Boston84 and Rudyc281 like this.
  12. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Reading through the threads, the majority has accepted this.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think the season is pretty much done for Harden, he might still drop 30 but his heart is not fully here.

The shortened season reminding a lot of a lockout season is forcing normally offseason antics onto the new season.......in full display.

The plan is to make sure Wall and Cousins are locked in and loaded which should transition smoothly.

I am fine with status quo.

The Toronto situation with Kawhi was one of load management and when it got close Kawhi came in as a part time jobber.

I am fine with that too.

Toronto also didn't survive Lebron, he had to be shipped out of the East.

#93 daywalker02, Dec 14, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
  14. YOLO

YOLO Member

Are you not seeing the countless threads and posts talking about harden wanting out? Pretty sure everyone for the most part has already acknowledged, he wants out.

The difference is people just prefer and hope he changes his mind obviously. That doesn't mean people don't believe he wants out

15. SmallBallDoesntWork

look at Caris’ stats how is he a chucker!? If anything we should get the nets to find takers for allen and dinwiddie. We would probably end up with 4-5 years of rights brooklyn’s first on top of picks or players from allen and dinwiddie. Im sorry but everyone killed the Nuggets for their melo package which was almost identical to this nets one and they ended up better

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Yeah as I said, If I was Stone, unless the offers were just straight up garbage I would trade Harden. I think most fans would oddly enough be relieved that we can turn the page with a fresh start. Especially one where we don't have to suck that bad because coming out of the Westbrook trade, there's no way we can offload enough salary so having some guys like John Wall and Boogie around to be competitive is going to happen either way. I would prefer to have a hybrid rebuild, and just sit back and enjoy good team oriented basketball.

daywalker02 likes this.
  17. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

**** 'mamona' Shelburne. Pinche perra estupida

Stick to fellating the Dodgers

zeeshan2, ElPigto and cmoak1982 like this.
  18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

19. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Herro is as good if not better than Levert right now, and has room for growth.
    The rest of that offer is about to get paid. Miami package is a lot better. And I still don’t want either because it’s not enough.

20. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

I don’t expect anything to happen until guys like Ingram can be moved. Right now market is restricted based on recent signings and extensions. Only way he’s moved in next month is if Philly craps the bed out of the gate.