1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Harden continues to push for trade despite Wall’s arrival

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Dec 14, 2020.

?

Where will Harden end up?

Poll closed Dec 21, 2020.
  1. Houston

98 vote(s)
    35.4%
  2. Brooklyn

8 vote(s)
    2.9%
  3. Philadelphia

105 vote(s)
    37.9%
  4. Miami

42 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Others

24 vote(s)
    8.7%
  1. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

They are all divas though. I mean think of how much control the league allows these guys to have. Most that may have came in humble about the game, turn into divas over time if they are being cuddled to this degree. Think about it, Harden has asked for a trade before privately unless Rockets made the necessary adjustments to get better and yet those stories never leaked at all. Harden remained professional and played some of the best basketball of his career.

This year, it just so happens that he is pissed at the organization and at the same time he is tired of trying again with the Rockets and it seems he went full diva mode for the sake of making a point. Since he got back to Houston, **** has calmed down big time and it's only the media fabricating stories to milk the story as much as possible.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  2. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

The only thing that will lower his value is if his production drops significantly or he has a major injury. Otherwise, his value is staying where it is at. The question will be if a team becomes desperate after not having the season they were expecting to have, then, teams will be further willing to engage in conversation and trade larger pieces.

BHannes2BHonest, Patience and Deckard like this.
  3. csc177

csc177 Member

I agree with everything you said minus the "legend" label. Gotta win a chip to be a legend.

"The Dream says hold my beer..."

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

As much as I think KD and Bron are divas they never requested trades while under contract. They both respected their organizations and left as free agents. Harden is acting like a worse AD or Jimmy Butler.

5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

pretty much this

6. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

At what point do you stop trusting the media? Was this even news worthy? Nothing new has been said and it’s obvious the media is pushing a Harden trade so bad.

Loki27 and cmoak1982 like this.
  7. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

This is true too. It’s been a while since I’ve been this disappointed, probably not since Dream going to Toronto.

8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

somewhere around 1980

cmoak1982 likes this.
  9. riko

riko Member

If he starts half assing it on the court won’t help.

10. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Please get rid of him and try and get Simmons or someone of that ilk.

Y2JT likes this.
  11. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Wish I could like this more lol

Os Trigonum likes this.
  12. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Personally, I don't think Harden will half ass it. Obviously my opinion, but I don't think that's the kind of player that he is.

13. SmallBallDoesntWork

Im probably going to get destroyed for this but i think the nets offer is better than anyone we know of now. At least we can flip dinwiddie for picks too. Herro doesnt do it for me especially of bam isnt coming with him. I really dont like simmons either with his 1970s style basketball

14. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

That's cool, I can definitely live with that. I just don't like when fans become divas when their best player goes diva mode as well.

csc177 likes this.
  15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Send him to Utah
    Good luck finding rappers and strippers there
    @J.R.

16. Ben Frank

Ben Frank Member

We have become one of James Harden's flings.. we should have known this was coming with the way he deals with commitment, but I refuse to be the x-girlfriend who didn't do anything wrong begging for another chance.. Get the best trade we can salvage or sit his spoiled ass down for the year..

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

they want him out so badly, it’s fascinating to see...they love the drama, and will try to milk it for every possible view or click

of course Harden still wants out at this point...2 preseason games don’t mean sh*t

cmoak1982 likes this.
  18. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

I mean he has been here 8 years.... I hope he stays, but in today's NBA, 8 years is practically a whole career, not a "fling"

19. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

I agree with this. You can’t trade him for quantity. This roster without Harden is lottery bound. Either you get an all star player in return or let him sit at home and be fined for detrimental conduct. That hurts James in the bank as well as his legacy and stats.

20. Jay713

Jay713 Member

Teams also know Harden is disgruntled and wants to leave. This doesn’t give the Rockets as much leverage as you think. Superstars in the NBA usually get their way eventually.