1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wall: Me and James can be a heck of a combination.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Dec 13, 2020.

?

Will John get his chance?

1. Yes

88 vote(s)
    72.7%
  2. No

33 vote(s)
    27.3%
  1. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

Could be wrong but I believe we couldn't have signed Wood without the Roco trade

bj3175 likes this.
  2. sheb

sheb Member

We tried to trade Gordon instead, no one wanted him

Rocket_ph, D-rock, DCHAMP and 2 others like this.
  3. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

im not saying wood is going to be great or not he likes good last year but that’s one year so who knows JLin did that too and we know how that turned out.

but ROCO was overrated here I was not sad to see him go for Wood. We need a big who can catch lobs and finish more than an okay on ball defender who’s good on help d and can shoot the 3 ball at an avg clip.

the ROCO Love is weird to me I understood the trade last year cause Clint’s contract was bad but man he’s just an okay role player he’s not a huge loss imo at least.

not to mention wood can shoot the 3ball just as good as ROCO maybe better.

I know wood can catch lobs finish inside and shoot a wide open 3 at a good clip. All
    The other potential allstar stuff some say I don’t know but he can def catch lobs finish and shoot a spot up 3.

and boogie is a solid backup center on a minimum contract he’s fine I don’t know why your hating on him. I agree he can’t be your best player even before the injuries prob can’t be your second best player either but he can be a top 6 rotation guy on a good team if he’s healthy he’s skilled 7ft guy who can shoot the three at a decent enough clip for his size.

4. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Hopefully Tate will be behind House at small forward.

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Dude he played today and looked fine. We're seeing Wall, Cousins and Nwaba all mysteriously look completely fine as well. Dwight Powell for the Mavs yesterday, looked fine.

There must have been some medical breakthroughs on treating achilies tears, because this can't be a coincidence that all of these guys are coming back looking springy after the injury thats supposed to end players career 90% of the time.

fckbandwagons and DCHAMP like this.
  6. pass_to_Hakeem

Houston isnt his ONLY chance at winning, but swapping out Simmons for Garden doesn’t make Philly the best team in the East. BKY , MIL, TOR, BOS all would still be above Philly in my opinion. He goes to BKY and thy guy the team for Harden, there DEF isn’t gonna be enough basketballs or patience... for that team

7. Nook

Nook Member

The medical treatment has gotten better over the years, especially for guys that are under 30. Players keep themselves in excellent shape, they rehab harder and smarter and the quality of medical care they get is more consistent.

Also not all tears are the same. Wall’s tear was a result of bone spurs which means he isn’t at a heightened chance of reinjury. He also did not have a complete rupture.

Cousins already returned from his tear with GS and looked good before a different injury sidelined him.

Nwaba’s was to his non-primary leg and he was under 30.

An Achilles can be a killer for a basketball player but a lot of the fear and concern was based on older cases.

8. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

We've already won the Westbrook trade imo, a first rounder and a better fit who is clearly a stand up dude who wants to win.

jcmoon, bmelo and pr0wler like this.
  9. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

Good point. And if Harden joined the Nets, the pieces don't fit well together in Brooklyn either. Two high usage ball handlers and a 32 year old KD who hasn't seen the court in 1.5 years. At least we've seen Wall enough to show that he still has his speed. No idea if Durant will be the same guy as he enters his mid 30's now.

10. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

It seems Morey does not want to give up Simmons + other players for Harden. Rockets will not trade to Nets for scrubs. Miami will have to offer Herro + others which I doubt they will want to give up young upcoming players. Other teams have nothing valuable to offer as it seems Rockets are looking for players that will help them in a win-now scenario rather than rebuild with picks as Wall/Cousins looks to be back in form. Healthy Wall/Cousins + Harden are contenders so I do not know why Harden would want to go anywhere else.

11. CXbby

CXbby Member

Wall was a partial rupture on non primary leg. Biggest hurdle for achilles ruptures is loss of strength and range of motion, in a non primary leg that you are not launching off of the impact is much less.

joshuaao and D-rock like this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

John Wall is too much of a veteran to not understand that.

It is a business.

Nothing personal.

13. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Wall and cousins are contenders?
    Wall has to prove he can play a season and so can Boogie.
    Boogie looks great on offense but he def looks like he lost a step on defense.
    Still want to see how well Sterling Brown can play. Danuel house is decent but he isn't a real stopper!
    Silas is also an unproven coach.
    If I'm Harden i wouldn't mind going to Miami.
    Dragic at point who can actually shoot!
    Butler and him at the wings
    Spoelstra as a coach
    Pat Riley's culture and playing in the East!
    Miami is also not afraid to spend when they smell a championship. Butler can also defend!
    Tillman is!
    Also you better expect Pj Tucker to get traded to the team Harden goes to as part of the package.
    They would dominate the East.
    We have holes on our roster! Redundant pieces. That's a franchise that has a basketball mind /minds running the show.
    We don't know yet! He hasn't played in two years! If he can remain healthy it might be possibly be an upgrade! His passing is an upgrade and Willing to distribute the ball is an upgrade but we don't know for how long. Same with Boogie.

14. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

Like I clearly stated, IF HEALTHY, Wall/Cousins make a good team, and include Harden will only make it better and can contend. I never said Wall + Cousins = contenders so I am not sure where you are getting that from. Yes, it is too early to say with new coaches and players, but my assumption is based on what Wall/Cousins have offered in the past and if they can offer something similar going forward with Harden included.

Also, if I am Harden, I would not mind going to Miami either but Miami cannot expect the Rockets to just trade MVP caliber player in Harden by just giving up Herro. They will need to give more. If it was possible then trade would have already happened. Everything you are mentioning here is the preference for Harden and Miami. Nothing about the Rockets.

15. bj3175

bj3175 Member

thats a killer if we had both could you imagine it?

bleedroxred79 likes this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Still need a least ONE more roster upgrade to really convince Harden.

Make it happen Stone.

pippendagimp likes this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden in Philly or Miami is contending...Harden’s only option for contending being in Houston is not the case, let’s not kid ourselves...

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

With Harden on the team, the Rockets always have a shot.

And the threat is not Heat, not 76ers, not Bucks, not Clips or any of those other teams.

The threat is the Lakers.

The Rockets played the Lakers the toughest in the postseason, the fear was real.

With another piece, Rockets are still in contention.

And only Harden makes that so.

19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i was thinking the same, need one more dead eye shooter in long 3&D format

and a backup pg too

D-rock likes this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Or another long 3-D forward that can be a playmaker AND a small ball 5.

The key is length athleticism guard skillset and physicality to match up vs. Lakers.

The end game is the Lakers.

pippendagimp likes this.