1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Paxton, Cruz, Abbott's Let it Spread mindsets

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by deb4rockets, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

China is doing way better than the US. Even if they are faking some numbers their economy wouldn't be operating near full capacity if a lot of people were dying over there. The big advantage they have is they can institute policies from the top down. If everyone has to wear masks they will make it happen. If they want contact trace people they will do it. If they want to lock down a city or state they will do it.

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Fatty Fat b*stard aka Roscoe Arbuckle.

When I said that my cousin in law had 3 people in her family die of COVID he said he didn't believe me. When I posted the link to the news story, he called me a liar.

3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Somewhere in the talk of Covid I missed this story. Sorry if you already posted it and I missed it. This guy takes the cake as a Trump supporter. What a POS. I say, not only no, but hell no. May he rot in jail.

One of the men arrested in Gretchen Whitmer kidnap plot is asking the judge to free him on bail because he has diabetes and fears contracting COVID-19 in jail
    By Harriet Alexander For Dailymail.com00:55 01 Nov 2020, updated 06:39 01 Nov 2020

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ap-plot-asks-judge-free-bail-fears-COVID.html

4. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

mdrowe00 likes this.
  5. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

I can’t imagine NOT being a bit pissed off about that encounter, but you might find it a bit cathartic if you just feel sorry for FFB. Can you imagine being that unhinged from reality?

6. Buck Turgidson

Trophy hunting is bullsh!t. The trophy deer breeding industry is bullsh!t.

7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I give absolutely no credence to anything he says. I consider the source.

8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

You probably pee sitting down.

Murica!

9. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Somehow I missed this story.

10. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

He used to rant about DUIs being "cash grabs" too. Almost seems like a self defense mechanism...

We have a very special zombie case.

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

For anyone who cares about fatty's crusade of innocence against the cruel unfair world.

2006 Fatty recalls his DWI troubles... https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/jesus-h-license-suspended-again.113186/page-2#post-2336282
    2007 Fatty starts hating public bureaucracy... https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/suspended-license-in-texas-finally-getting-noticed.125947/
    2009 Fatty against DWI cash grabs. He brags about not getting pulled over for a DWI in order to "reign in" the already derailed discussion... https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/dwi.166256/

Ranting through half truths while hiding behind sympathetic matters of principle.

You'd think they were diatribes to work up a drunken crowd...

...Then we elected someone with the same dishonest attitude pushing the same reckless "not me, who cares" behavior.

13. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The PRC definitely deserves a lot of blame for how they handled it early since then though they have gotten it under control. There is reason to not take their numbers at face value but I agree it would be very difficult to hide things if they were really bad. The PRC isn't quite the closed Orwellian society that many in the US believe. In the major cities it would be very hide from the World if things were very different.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I didn't, it flew way under the radar strangely enough but I wasn't sure why.

deb4rockets likes this.
  15. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I get what your saying but to the person who owns the small bar or restaurant their business is essential to them. It’s how they make a living pay their bills take care of their family.

Their is no perfect answer, both sides have a valid point.

16. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Not a peep about the 55,000 Texans who have tested positive the past 3 days or the over 700 additional deaths. Nope, not from No Lockdown No Mask Paxton, Cruz, Abbott, or Crenshaw. Not a word about wearing masks, limiting social distancing, or doing all you can to help stop the spread and save lives.

They don't care what happens to those who may not get vaccinated until summer. Nope. Right now they are too busy defending Trump and their party, throwing undocumented claims against Biden's win, and stirring up opposition.

DVauthrin and Deckard like this.
  17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As a Texan who has lived out side of Texas for quite awhile now there are still things I miss about Texas but Texas politics isn't one of them.

The other day I listened to Gov. Tim Walz of Minnesota at a press conference announcing an extension of restrictions. He gave good news regard progress on lowering infections and that the Pfizer vaccine was being administered in MN but he didn't sugar coat things or peddle false hope. He still pointed out that the death numbers are still high in MN and how they could get worse. At a time when there are protests against the restrictions he acknowledged how much economic and other pain. He called for unity and even complimented Republican legislators for working with Democrats to get a state relief bill passed.

Contrast that to the shyte show coming out of Abbot, Patrick and Paxton in TX. Where there is denial, blame shifting and division.

DVauthrin, Nook, deb4rockets and 2 others like this.
  18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I’ve posted enough about it already, but how they’re acting isn’t a surprise to those of us in Austin who still know people in state government. My significant other worked with Patrick for a couple of years, which helped her decide to retire. The trio have no limit. Abbott is afraid of his own shadow and is easily bullied. The other two are stuffed with ambition, devoid of empathy, and clever in the worst sense, not intelligent. There’s a difference. They’re slimy and conniving. Paxton likely has a date with a prison cell, but he’s angling for a pardon. With luck, trump will forget all about him.

DVauthrin and deb4rockets like this.
  19. Nook

Nook Member

Yes and this is something that the West is going to have to consider and debate. There are strengths and weaknesses in every system. However in a totalitarian system, especially with improved technology; a government can monitor and force their people to do anything they want in the time of disaster or otherwise. If someone doesn't wear a mask in the USA they are largely left alone and do whatever they are doing. In China they are sent to a camp and their outcome is at the whim of the government.

20. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

He has his own head in a cloud. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Ken, Cruz, Crenshaw, Abbott, and the rest of the GOP no mask enablers of Trump are the ones who will have a big dark cloud swirling over them for years!! They showed their true colors in all they have done and in all they did nothing about.