1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Clemons - ya fired (knee-jerk but non-knee-jerk thread)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by palmsnbananas, Dec 13, 2020.

1. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Not particularly in reaction to today's game but seriously this guys game is toxic. He dribbles the ball up the court doesn't pass takes half court three's can't even pretend to guard one single nba position, can't rebound, looks like a middle schooler playing with a bunch of high schoolers and is seriously a ball hog.

We can NOT afford to have him in our lineup, we need contributors and not a mf-ing gimmick to be on the court, even in garbage time, I don't know anything about trevlin queen aside from highlights but I would much rather have a large defensive guard out there that distributes the ball to our other 4 players rather than a ball hog chucker, I know Queen is not a PG but IMO Clemons is the worst kind of black hole, you're talking about changing the culture, get rid of the most 1 dimensional player in the nba. This has been a long time coming, all last year I watched and wondered how he's on the team and it came to a head after this awful game, imagine 4 rookies playing with this chucker in their one chance to show their skills at the end of a preseason game. I don't give a d@mn if he shoots 50% from 3 he's still a net negative player.

There have to be better options for our 2nd/3rd string PG. Thoughts?

Joe Rocket, Bo6, Roomba and 4 others like this.
  2. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Should have added a poll

Joe Rocket and BigggReddd like this.
  3. riko

riko Member

His only strength is the 3 ball. A catch and shoot player is all his role should be restricted to

D-rock likes this.
  4. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

He doesn’t even shoot it that well.We should cut him like yesterday. He is a liability out there.

5. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

I agree with your assessment but it doesn't matter since he'll never play anyway. He's the new Bobby Brown. Maybe he's really funny or makes really good sandwiches or something.

6. AXG

AXG Member

His contract is non-guaranteed. I suspect he'll be one of the first cuts.

7. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Problem is I don't think he can play that position which is basically SG, bc he definitely can't guard the 2. :confused:

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I’d have liked to see more Mason Jones at PG.

9. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Make room for Mason!

10. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

Even if he gets any playing time, which I doubt it, it might just be garbage minutes. Relax.

juanm34 likes this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets back up point guard likely isn’t even on the roster. Grant and Clemons both could be in trouble. Wait until there are some surprise cuts and the Rockets may swoop in.

If the Rockets make the playoffs, that means Harden is still on the team. If Harden is on the team he will likely play point if Wall is sitting... which means Nwaba will be in the backcourt anyway.

12. Bobby Jackson Rules

I never thought that I would miss Austin Rivers so badly.

13. varughese.arun

He can't even do that well.

14. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

The Clemons hate is ridiculous!

Can't rebound and defend?! The guy had 5 rebounds also led the team in blocks with 2. That's impressive considering his size. He was trying very hard to box out and I am very surprised no one seemed to notice that. HE DESERVES SOME RESPECT!

I thought he did a solid job today. Did he play a perfect game? NO. He did made some mistakes. But this is disrespectful. He was the only guy in the 4th quarter who was able to penetrate to the basket and generate looks for his teammates. It wasn't his fault that his coach paired him with 4 high school ballers who can't shoot or drive.

15. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

He's pure trash.. hot garbage

16. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

He's going to be taking minutes from a player that can actually help us, if it really doesn't matter to who the 13th guy on the bench is then all the more reason to cut him, that spot should be for someone with actual potential, not a known commodity that is a net negative

17. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

We need Garbage Mamba back!

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He is a gunner who is not consistent enough to gun.

DD

kjayp likes this.
  19. mightybosstone

Are you using large font here to compensate for his short stature? No matter what size font you use, the dude has looked bad in two preseason games. I had high hopes for him going into this season, too, but he's been a big disappointment.

I would like to see them add a better backup PG, but I'm still not stressed about it, because either Harden comes back and tag teams the vast majority of the ball handling with Wall, or Harden's gone and the Rockets are in rebuild mode anyway. Plus, if they move him for Simmons, again that problem mostly takes care of itself.

fckbandwagons and D-rock like this.
  20. VoR

VoR Member

He deserves to play on the Wolves or Hornets where he gets time to build up a stat sheet.

D-rock likes this.