1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Behind Enemy Lines [Miami Heat]

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bleedroxred79, Dec 12, 2020.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rockets have won 2 championships.

Were you asleep when it happened?

2. wolstein

wolstein Member

Start with Bam and Herro and we may be on to something.

Personally, I'd prefer Harden's momma would tell him to man up and start playing.

Erbnwarfare likes this.
  3. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

he meant the 17-18 championship where the nba jobbed the rockets and the guy was asking about that. not the obvious back to back championships. read between the lines.

i do agree that the rockets were the real 17-18 champions so anyone giving harden **** for not winning a ring is full of ****.

4. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

would be nice if danny ainge stopped being a focking scrooge and finally part ways with all the assets he's been hoarding for the past decade. jaylen brown+marcus smart+a boatload of 1st rd picks sounds a lot better than most of the deals that are actually out there right now.

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

uh, u said any team led by Harden isn’t a championship level team...

the 17-18 Rockets were a championship level team...

U can’t even keep track of what u typed?

Patience, FatSeagal and BigM like this.
  6. bongman

bongman Member

Would that mean that this is a useless metric?

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

A few points just to think about, nothing definite.

1. Make no mistake, the center piece is Tyler Herro. (His value is his contract which you can extend with max or not, his contract is cheaper than the one for Ben Simmons.)

2. In almost every championship team, there is a 40% shooter.

Robinson and Seth Curry were the best 2 shooters last year and in the Bubble. Period.

Duncan Robinson was No 1 at that.

Ben Mac is a good shooter in the regular season, but he isn't shooting over 40% every time.
    Elite shooting > Very good shooting

3. It is easier to get a 1 on 1 defender on the market than a Top 2 shooter.

They bail you out when the top scorers can't get going.

4. Team Defense is more stressed in today's game. Duncan Robinson just has to get better at that.

#67 daywalker02, Dec 13, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
    Ming The King and clutchdabear like this.
  8. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

Tyler Herro rookie contract is a key en this trade.
    Jaylen or Simmons have a max contract. They give us zero flexibility

If we trade with Miami we have between this and next year a realese around 35M
    we can extent Duncan and Nunn now and still we are in a better position

9. Boston84

Boston84 Member

that’s why they need to hold onto players so that if giannis is interested in them they will have to ship some of them off as a necessary evil to land giannis. I’m talking about in free agency, if they trade for harden now maneuvering for giannis this offseason is virtually impossible. With bams extension it’s already been made much much harder.

I believe they stand at having around $26m in cap space this off season. They need to get into the 40s for giannis and to do so may have to move pieces to teams w cap space. Lowe goldsbury winderman and others have talked about it.

giannis won’t be traded even if he declines the extension in a couple does but if he days Miami will go into a holding pattern waiting until the offseason

10. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Bro. You been here since 09 hiding with the name Bleed Rockets Red o_O

it sounds like you were a Rockets fan who jumped ship when lebron went to Miami to form the super team. Wow. Just. Wow.

11. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

man, i must be the only person who thinks all of this is crazy talk. Tyler Herro has one NBA season that looked pretty good, but certainly doesn't approach super star status, you folks are talking about him being the center piece of a James Harden deal? I'd cry myself asleep if we made any of these purposed trades. Herro isn't good enough; a young star has to be part of the deal. Herro is not a star.

12. Erbnwarfare

Erbnwarfare Member

Herro and Duncan might be fool's gold cause the bubble had no type of playoff atmosphere. It was like scrimmage games

Patience likes this.
  13. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Herro wasn’t just good in the bubble. His play was put on spotlight in bubble and people started to recognize.

14. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Duncan had multiple games in the finals where he didn’t score but played good minutes. Duncan had issues seeing the floor because of his defense. He’s a terrible defender.

15. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

Do you mean "M" PJ for Michael Porter, Jr.? OPJ is Otto Porter Jr., right? I definitely don't want to get him for Harden...

In any event, I agree with you. Of the "cornerstones" of any trade that seems reasonably possible MPJ has the most upside by far. I'd much rather have him than Herro. Herro's upside is maybe fringe all-star, if even that. If he's the best player on our team in a few years we're probably a 30 win team. MPJ has All-NBA potential, though his floor is much lower than others as well.

smoothie likes this.
  16. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

He was second team all-rookie. No one is talking about Rui, PJ Washington, Coby White or Terence Davis (the other second team all rookies) as centerpieces of a trade for Harden.

Patience likes this.
  17. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t think he is a good center piece for a Harden trade. Don’t think Simmons is either. But if Harden is gone I would want younger players with potential and cap relief.

clutchdabear likes this.
  18. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Otto Porter plays for Chicago, no?He played against us on Friday.
    EDIT: just realized that was a typo and that you meant Michael Porter. The concern with him is his back.

#78 aelliott, Dec 13, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
    smoothie likes this.
  19. Salvy

Salvy Member

Would Brooklyn be willing to trade us Harden thou? Maybe we can package Wall, Gordon and Green for him..... Having Harden would automatically give us one of the best scorers in the league. Pairing him up with a big like Wood or Cousins would be good for Harden, maybe Paul is available as a backup? Please Brooklyn!!!

20. riko

riko Member

They can still get Giannis next season if he chooses to go there for Bam and Dragic type deal

Vivi likes this.