1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[If Available] Herro or Simmons?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bleedroxred79, Dec 10, 2020.

?

Herro or Simmons?

1. Herro

189 vote(s)
    37.0%
  2. Simmons

327 vote(s)
    64.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. riko

riko Member

There you go . Morey you up next

2. OpportunityCost

Heat deal seems more realistic. Forget Morey, have fun with Simmons never developing a decent shot. This proposal sounds decent:

"Miami’s best possible hypothetical trade offer would be Herro; two among Precious Achiuwa, Kendrick Nunn and Duncan Robinson; the Heat’s 2025 and 2027 first-round picks (which would require Miami and Oklahoma City agreeing to unlock protection on the Heat’s 2023 first-rounder owed the Thunder) and Olynyk and Iguodala as cap facilitators."

3. im_joel

im_joel Member

Trades don't affect my mental health. If there is a Simmons for Harden trade it will be very interesting because both Simmons and Harden are two of my favorite players. They will just be playing on different teams.

clutchdabear likes this.
  4. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Herro, Precious, Robinson, Olynyk and Iggy plus the picks would be solid. Then turn around and trade Tuck and Iggy for something nice.
    Olynyk could be a nice addition to the big rotation and obviously Herro and Duncan could slot in nicely.

Im not overly impressed with it but I think the team could be really good.

DeBeards and clutchdabear like this.
  5. im_joel

im_joel Member

I hope this happens. I just hope that the pics are far enough out so that Harden and Butler would significantly be on the decline by then.

6. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

you're absolutely right. we should never base our decision on what ifs. trading a lotto pick, a future first, and a 23ppg scorer in his prime for a bench player and then immediately giving that bench player a max contract was such a dumb thing to do. never bet on potential bc 20 yr olds almost never improve.

also even if he signs a poison pill qualifying offer contract from someone else after his rookie contract is up... we'd have so much cap space with harden's super max off the books that we'd be able to match that and still bring in another near max slot salary.

DeBeards likes this.
  7. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Glad we are in agreement!

Goodday to you sir!

DeBeards likes this.
  8. riko

riko Member

Silas running a 5 out offense with Herro will be nice given his shooting ability

DeBeards, clutchdabear and cmoak1982 like this.
  9. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

even if he does hire rich paul... you'd still have him under team control for at least 5-6 years before he decides to bolt out from his contract 2 yrs early.

DeBeards likes this.
  10. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I could be talked into that package, reluctantly. Herro, Duncan are elite shooters. Olynyk is a really solid 4/5 and would slot in great with Wood and Boogie

clutchdabear and riko like this.
  11. im_joel

im_joel Member

I thought some would try to insult me. I just thought that my situation was unique because I have been a fan of both teams since I was a kid. I am now 53. I read this and the Sixers board daily but I have never posted anything until today.

clutchdabear and cmoak1982 like this.
  12. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

buying into herro is like buying into linsanity. Using such a small sample to try to commit to and expect a player can do the same thing for an extended period of time... ill pass

Sanity2disChaos likes this.
  13. riko

riko Member

That’s why it fits.

D-rock likes this.
  14. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

imagine the BOFs coming over here if we get him.

D-rock likes this.
  15. OpportunityCost

Please keep posting! Great posts. Don't worry about backlash. Your posts are appreciated and seem to make sense and were logical and didn't appear colored with bias or a groupthink mentality.

im_joel likes this.
  16. im_joel

im_joel Member

That's possible but a lot of things would have to go right for that to happen. Embiid has literally been hurt every year going into the playoffs. This is the first thing that would have to go right. Also, Embiid would have to stay in shape. Harris would have to start living up to his contract. Harden can not will the Sixers to first place all by himself.

17. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Right, I feel like countering their Herro for Harden proposal with McLemore for Jimmy Butler.

daywalker02 and D-rock like this.
  18. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

No but he could take them top 3 by himself.

D-rock likes this.
  19. steveng125

steveng125 Member

Herro + Bam

Will take the deal.

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  20. im_joel

im_joel Member

I agree, but that goes without being said doesn't it?