1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Shai vs. Luka as the Mavericks try to even the series in OKC. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

I’m Sorry James Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sonofawolf21, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Harden still has a chance to win a championship in this city. Just have to suck it up and admit your own faults then move on. The management has put a good enough team around you. It's time to become more selfless and elevate your game in the areas needed to get THE TEAM a championship.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

harden becoming more selfless? We have a better shot at Wood becoming the next KD

LosPollosHermanos, csc177 and Ramo$e like this.
  3. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Exactly! Unless they agree to it, for compensation. You know, like a contract, or something. Nobody owns him but you can't change your mind after the fact. That's exactly why there is contracts. Not only to protect the team but the player as well. Nobody has to own James to see he went about this all the wrong way. He's free when he's a "free agent".

Corpusfan likes this.
  4. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Have they put a good enough team around him to win a title? Not sure about that, it’s really debatable. But at some point he’s either in or out. You have to cut your losses. If you can get a talent like Simmons & picks or Herro /Bam plus picks you do it and move on.

#144 TEXNIFICENT, Dec 12, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
    daywalker02 likes this.
  5. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

Right! Where did this "ownership" talk come from? You don't have to "own" somebody to expect some basic, adult behavior from them.

6. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

They have. Harden has routinely showed he doesn’t bring his nuts to the battle when it truly gets real. Like the CP3 and Bron said in the bubble... “Some guys aren’t built for this.” I agree with the trade ideas too.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  7. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

So, if James breaks the contract and abstains from his service as a player then the team doesn't owe him the compensation. It's not contract over his free will. You think he went about this the wrong way, what's the right way?

8. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

word bro

9. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

This could have all been staged to create drama and interest.... It just doesn't add up why youd go somewhere else to get paid the most in history.... Youve been contending your whole career... you just didn't show up to take the ring... james!! you had 3-2 lead... where were you then b****ass?! Cant blame you nor anyone else... not even your mama. GTFO!

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Russ move has broken him a tad, he knows that.

He has to cope with accountability, pushing literally for Russell who turned out to be a flop.

I know the Rockets are kissing his butt but that's not a healthy relationship.

11. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

I appreciated his one on one scoring ability, his low post defense, and his regular season scoring. I didn't like his lack of perimeter defense allowing ease penetration to rim, and bad shots/passes in crucial situations in playoff games. His regular season is always MVP and playoffs lacking...

12. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

You don't have free will once you sign it away. Nobody likes super teams but at the very least Lebron waited until he was a free agent. Even took a pay cut. You don't try to secure the bag then back out of the deal. That's hoe ****. He could have waited one more season or two. He didn't want to? Fine! He waits until we find a favorable deal. It's quite simple really. Be an adult about your business matter. Not a whiny baby. Davis is a cunt for joining Lebron but only subjected NO to just one season of the trade circus.

13. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Lol at least your not arguing that he is selfless... thank goodness.

14. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I agree. If Harden just does the right thing right now and matures... grows through this specific situation I believe there's a high chance he could win a championship here. All he has to do is look in the mirror and admit he must change then put in the work with this current team.

15. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

What has CP3 won? I truly don't get why he gets a pass.

16. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I truly believe seeing CP3 literally close out game 5 against Utah in the 2nd round of the 2018 playoffs then having a big game 5 in the WCF getting hurt going up 3-2. He gained a lot of respect for the fight he put up then Rockets just lost games 6 and 7 granted Harden played against like 4 star players lol. In people's head it's Harden always loses in some dramatic fashion that makes you question his mentality. No questions CP3's.

17. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

It's a media creation with CP3. CP3 hasn't won. The closest he's come is in 2018 playing with James and he grabbed his hamstring and went home for games 6 & 7. What happened all those years with Lob City, Doc Rivers and the hype there. He didn't get it done. James's teams has beaten CP3's twice head to head. So why does he get a pass again? As far as James goes, At end of the day, Harden is either in or out. If he's out get the best deal for him and move on.

18. bongman

bongman Member

19. Dash

Dash Member

Is there any chance in hell that Bucks would consider giving us Giannis for Harden if he won't agree to a contract extension? I would even throw in a couple first rounders lol

20. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

CP3? CP3 talks a lot of mess for a guy who has never been able to advance past the second round of the playoffs (until he joined James Harden’s team.) CP3 has shown he’s “not built for this” either with repeated choke jobs and upset losses in the playoffs. Right after CP3 made that statement, he proceeded to get eliminated in the first round of the playoffs. What exactly is he built for then?

Give me a break. People get so caught up by certain players’ body language, words, and demeanor that they overlook actual results.