1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sorry PJ, it is just business

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Dec 7, 2020.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

100% correct, as is pointing out to others that it is a paywall, so if you don't want to click it, don't.

DD

2. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Excellent points DD, we already gave a handout to Eric Gordon. We should double down on that. We should trade PJ along with Harden to enhance what we receive.

DaDakota likes this.
  3. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I'm not extending Tucker under any circumstances.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Either you or your bro is a born comic.

D-rock likes this.
  5. DaDakota

Hey a LEEB sighting, have not seen you in a while brother!

DD

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  6. jdiggidy

jdiggidy Member

@HP3, @DaDakota - I understand why @DaDakota responds the way he/she (don't know?) does. This is a sport where the weakest guy can make over $500K per season and the guy we are talking about already got his "BIG" deal when he signed 4 years roughly $31.5 million.

Let me throw it back to you @HP3, PJ will make $7.97 million in his final season. At the age of 36 what contract would you give him now?

HP3 likes this.
  7. HP3

HP3 Member

2 more years 7-10 million. With a Vet Min signing until he retires. If he wants a longer extension below 7-10. PJ Tucker has at leas two more good years left. He's never been a fast defender. He's a 3 and D and leader of the defense.

DD doesnt really have a point he's just talking like a slime ball.

8. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Haslem signs for the minimum PJ actually wants to get paid

9. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

I’m not the only one to see it or think it. PJ should be in Hardens ear like crazy to sign that max extension. If that happens he should then get his. Pretty simple...

DaDakota and Pringles like this.
  10. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

We essentially traded Covington for Wood and a 2nd right?

I’m fine with that.

11. DaDakota

I am sorry you don't understand the subtle nuances of building a roster - and capology.

I just don't value 36 year olds that are limited offensively and are in decline because of their age.

Teams that are trying to win don't give those guys new contracts.

DD

12. jdiggidy

jdiggidy Member

I can get onboard for 2 more years at $10mil per.

I don’t know DD so I have no basis to judge.

HP3 likes this.
  13. HP3

HP3 Member

Bro, you either pay him or you dont, its that simple. I've seen in you in D&D and quite honestly it really shocks mr to see you talking like this. No nuance here, pay the man. He's still a valuable asset on/off the court.

His corner three point shot is all that needs to be there. Defensively he's the best on our roster. He's the heart and soul of this team and its been taht way

Loyalty goes a long way for winning.

14. HP3

HP3 Member

Cool cool.

I dont judge DD as a person, but I am judging what he's saying right now and frankly that's not fan talk.

jdiggidy likes this.
  15. DaDakota

I am a FAN of the Rockets, not PJ Tucker, though I have followed him since his UT days.

He has had a great career - I want the Rockets to win, I don't think PJ moves that needle anymore.

DD

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  16. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I agree. You might see PJ deal whether Harden is traded or not.

DaDakota likes this.
  17. Pringles

Pringles Member

Seems like that would have been the most logical, but I guess we don't know everything. If Harden ends up not even giving this a shot, then it's most likely regarding his relationship with Fertita/Stone.

Not sure why PJ would want to stay in Houston if Harden ends up leaving us. Didn't he come down here specifically cause of CP3, and then ending up becoming close with Harden? Love Tucker (Hook Em!) but if the Rockets are having to go with a rebuild and he is asking for a significant pay raise extension, then I think it's in the best interest of both parties to split.

T FOR 3!!! likes this.
  18. HP3

HP3 Member

If Harden leaves, winning is not gonna matter too much, if Harden stays than you are still gonna need him. Either way he should be paid because he provides value on the court. And off the court I have seen nothing to suggest a rapid decline? He's a 3 and D player who shoots the corner three. He's actually STILL our best defensive player. PAY THE MAN.

PJ is also, the heart and soul of this team. You need guys like him in the organization.

19. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Yep, it makes zero sense to give PJ Tucker a multi-year extension unless the extra years are team options.

20. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

My opinion about him hasn’t changed. Highly overrated defender and basically can’t do anything outside of shooting corner threes. Rockets will be better without him.

DaDakota likes this.