1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Bill Simmons] Harden and The History of Unhappy Stars Being Traded

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MystikArkitect, Dec 11, 2020.

1. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

I don’t disagree on James’ generational talent. But I will add (since you brought up the Hakeem comparison) that In key playoff games Dream put the team on his back and took his game to higher levels, whereas James tends to get frustrated and shrink away at times in those moments. I think that despite both players having a quieter temperament outwardly and generational skill sets, Dream had a vastly superior killer instinct

The “Harden chokes in the playoffs” angle is way overhyped and unfair, but no one can deny that there have been many pivotal games where his frustration gets the better of him and his effort level wanes considerably

primtim24 and Vivi like this.
  2. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Hakeem was a class act who didn’t do drugs, alchohol, and rappers.

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

He’s a guy with strong opinions, a big platform, and he’s not a Rockets fan. It pretty much just comes down to that, I think.

s3ts and BigM like this.
  4. Asian Sensation

Never? Not close? Are you sure? I don’t think so.

You really gonna try and sell my man Clyde the Glide Drexler short like that?

MVP voting
    1988: 5th place
    1991: 6th place
    1992: 2nd place

1990 Led Blazers to NBA Finals
    1991 Led Blazers to NBA WCF
    1992 Led Blazers to NBA Finals

https://ca.nba.com/amp/news/the-las...famer-clyde-drexler/pciwwzcjxjec1pfhtn4xgfdoe

5. nigma2000

nigma2000 Member

I enjoyed that a lot and he is absolutely right. This is a disturbing pattern happening in the league right now and it is spiraling out of control.

I also agreed with him about Morey, how does Tillman screw that up so much that Daryl wanted to bolt out of there just when he had signed his extension?

Funny thing is the three examples he gave about teams not going with the demands of the players they end up winning the title soon after.

Maybe if the Rockets stick it out they can win it with Harden too.

6. MystikArkitect

The rise in social media is directly in line with the rise in unhappy people/superstars. You get influenced so easily and this is the outfall. This is my guess anyway.

JumpMan likes this.
  7. Landsdale

Landsdale Member

Just to be clear, I believe Hakeem is a tier above Harden.

BamBam, B-Bob and Blake like this.
  8. kevtse

kevtse Member

I was busy in the past month and didn't read much Rocket news. What exactly Harden is not happy with the Rockets organization?

daywalker02 likes this.
  9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I like him as well, he does a lot of stuff to provoke and some tongue in cheek stuff but he just comes off as angry old man about this topic.

s3ts likes this.
  10. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

By recounting historical facts and making valid points in relation to how fans perceive this? Just Shutup.

11. s3ts

s3ts Member

It's largely how he talks. He has a no-nonsense approach, and it's that dynamic which is refreshing. He knows better than a lot of the other guys who cover the NBA as a job as well. He truly seems to have a passion about the topic.

jiggyfly likes this.
  12. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

He's right about the Mavs and Spurs teams winning pure "non-ref skewed" championships. I would argue the Raptors beat the Warriors 5 on 8 as well.