1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How many games would our current roster have got against The Lakers in the Playoffs last season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kingkingston, Dec 12, 2020.

?

How many games would our current roster have got against The Lakers in the Playoffs last season

1. 0

13 vote(s)
    13.3%
  2. 1

8 vote(s)
    8.2%
  3. 2

24 vote(s)
    24.5%
  4. 3

17 vote(s)
    17.3%
  5. 4

36 vote(s)
    36.7%
  1. KePoW

KePoW Contributing Member

lol typical ClutchFans

2. solodolo11

solodolo11 Member

Yall...it was one preseason game against the lowly Bulls...relax.

D-rock likes this.
  3. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

HAAHAHAHAHA

4. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

NAW...I think we have a better coach, he have height, a better point guard who can shoot and assist. Our Big 3 can match their big guys....we just needed better shooting. We are not finish with or without Harden we need to trade for Orlando's aaron gordon!!!!

5. topfive

topfive CF OG

Are you kidding? After what I saw in last night's preseason game for none of the marbles, whatsoever, I'm convinced we would have swept the Lakers then stolen their women folk.

clos4life and D-rock like this.
  6. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Assuming healthy and all star wall/cousins it’s a MUCH BETTER roster than last season, so I know we’d win more.

clos4life likes this.
  7. Juxtaposed Jolt

We would have swept them, swept the Heat and then gone onto to go 72-0 this season. And then we'll be a dynasty for the next 5 years.

8. Boston84

Boston84 Member

I mean I love the optimism and I’m down to take down the lakers at all costs buts it’s been 1 pre season game and we haven’t even seen woods yet.....give it time.

F the lakers tho

9. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

You could replace Westbrook with a literal Wall and we'd win more games.

10. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

I'm not that interested in the hypo, but if this team is healthy and James comes back and buys in (huge ifs) it's substantially better than the team that played against the Lakers considering you are basically swapping out an injured Russ, Jeff Green, RoCo, sad Eric Gordon and no adjustment MDA for Wall, Boogie, Wood, Nwaba, Tate, House, maybe comeback Eric Gordon and Silas.

This really could be the second best team of the Harden-era. Unfortunately the Lakers might be even better than last year, but fortunately they almost certainly aren't close to as good as the KD Warriors.

#30 ChillyPete32, Dec 12, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
    Jayzers_100 likes this.
  11. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

0 considering Nwaba, Wall and Cousins were still recovering from injury and House still gets suspended.

D-rock likes this.
  12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Guys, if we had this team last season we would have whooped the Fakers so bad the NBA would have had to cancel this season to stop it from happening again.

DreamShook, clos4life and juanm34 like this.
  13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

200.gif

14. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

After one preseason game im confident We would have beaten any of the NBA championship team 2017-2020.

15. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

Lmaooooo

16. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

the question wasn't about this seasons Lakers squad, it was about last season's

17. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

it is not about how the players were then, it is about how the players are now

Wall has been ready for a long time to play from his rehab

18. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

harden or no harden its not enough for lakers...
    with crap ratings expect it to only get more niche and laker focused as the years go on.

the league has a problem and it seems on path to being worse.

people want to bag on houston or say miami was right there but truth is they arent close..

if klay could come back and draymond and curry capture lightning maybe thats not happening.. its the lakers and everyone else and its not close..i find this a curious point and everyone down on rockets. no one else has a chance either..thats how league wants it and squeezing that la popularity. nba is king in la

19. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Your question is asking how many games they would have won last year. Last year these guys were all injured. So the answer is 0. Replace Covington and Westbrook with Wood.

Sure Wall has been able to play but he still opts out of the bubble.

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Who is coaching the team?

I have no doubt Silas would have gotten last year's Rockets more wins maybe a game 7 with Russ and no new additions.

If MDA was coaching, with the recent additions, I think he wins one more game because he makes no adjustments. Wall would have hit more shots if Harden was doubled. Boogie gets no playing time because he isn't able to switch on defense.

s3ts likes this.