1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[If Available] Herro or Simmons?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bleedroxred79, Dec 10, 2020.

?

Herro or Simmons?

1. Herro

189 vote(s)
    37.0%
  2. Simmons

327 vote(s)
    64.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. csc177

csc177 Member

Umm yes. As I said....In a heart beat.

Roxfan4lyfe likes this.
  2. TheresTheDagger

Tell Morey if he wants Harden, figure out a way for us to get both and make him do his magic for us one more time.

3. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Herro, Robinson, Nunn plus expiring contracts comes with a lot more flexibility moving forward than a Ben Simmons centric trade. If you go the Ben Simmons route, you're essentially committing to a core of Wall and Simmons for the next 3-4 years. By the end of their contracts, they'll be making about 90 million between them. Two pieces that clearly don't fit together will be occupying the large majority of the cap.

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Wall will not be with Rockets long if Harden traded.

Maybe a season, 2 at most, to increase value.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  5. hakeemthagreat

So you're willing to run the franchise into the ground. Simmons is a 6'8 Westbrook

6. psaman17

psaman17 Member

Simmons is 6'10 with shoes.6'10 Westbrook would be the best player in the NBA.

7. csc177

csc177 Member

My goodness what a weak take dude.

Actually, it goes more like this: I’m willing to trade my disgruntled superstar (who doesn’t want to be here), for the best available package which includes a 24 year old stud that DOES iT ALL minus the jumper (which he will eventually develop into a manageable jump shot) - and when he does? I’ll stop there...

If you call that “running your franchise into the ground” - that my friend is why you post on forums and don’t run a franchise.

....you’d think with a tag name “hakeemthegreat” (yes the dream was a great one) you’d understand basketball and something like this would be easy to comprehend.

Oh and Simmons is 6’10 btw not 6’8 as you stated in your Westbrook comparison.

#427 csc177, Dec 12, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
    D-rock, Roxfan4lyfe and TEXNIFICENT like this.
  8. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Herro. I expect him to be the more valuable player in 2-3 years.

DeBeards likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Giannis? Anteto_kounmpo

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I always root for the underdog.

DeBeards likes this.
  11. Roxfan4lyfe

Roxfan4lyfe Member

if you can pass and got great handles you will make it in this league as well. Ben got great vision and great defense you can’t teach that, surround him with shooters and great defensive players trust me he’ll win at a high level

D-rock likes this.
  12. Roxfan4lyfe

Roxfan4lyfe Member

I rather have a team with playmakers instead of that trade with the heat, plus defensively with Ben the Rockets would be great and as far as does he fit with Wall of course he does all the Rockets have to do is keep shooters and defenders around them
    I like Duncan Robinson he’s a sniper, But Herro is no Harden I feel like a lot of people is Valuing Tyler to high off of potential he’s good but we don’t know if he’s great

#432 Roxfan4lyfe, Dec 12, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
    D-rock likes this.
  13. Roxfan4lyfe

Roxfan4lyfe Member

It’s crazy to even think the Rockets would pair Harden with Jimmy Butler when he could’ve got jimmy to play down here. But we seen it last off season clearly Jimmy didn’t wanna play with James or he didn’t wanna be second to James. I think the Rockets would be crazy as hell if they don’t ask for Jimmy instead of Tyler

everyday eddie and DeBeards like this.
  14. Roxfan4lyfe

Roxfan4lyfe Member

Simmons basketball IQ is way higher then Russ lmao

D-rock likes this.
  15. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I wasn't even close to considering trading Harden, but then the Chicago game happened. We're gonna be pretty good if we get Harden or somebody else. The balance of our team and depth is fantastic. PJ would fit really well on this team and we haven't seen Wood yet either.

Roxfan4lyfe and DeBeards like this.
  16. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

this is such a dumb way to look at things.
    look at what kawhi leonard was asked to do as a rookie. look at what jayson tatum was asked to do as a rookie. look at what jaylen brown was asked to do as a rookie. look at what giannis was asked to do as a rookie. look at what paul george was asked to do as a rookie. look at what klay thompson was asked to do as a rookie. look at what james harden was asked to do as a rookie.

i can go on and on.
    none of these players had a major role as a rookie bc they all had vets playing larger roles. and they all turned out okay, don't u think?

Roxfan4lyfe, YOLO and DeBeards like this.
  17. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

there's a 6'3" half white half black guy with short arms and limited athleticism who we all hate but have to admit is one of the best scorers/playmakers of all time.

and there's that 6'4" white guy also with short arms and limited athleticism who ran one of the most prolific offenses in nba history under d'antoni.

they both won mvps. (just realized you already posted about this haha my bad)

everyday eddie and YOLO like this.
  18. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

steve nash would like to say hello.

19. hakeemthagreat

He could be 7'6. He'd still be a liability without any resemblance of a jumpshot

20. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

I just don't feel as comfortable going all in on Simmons given the team composition. I'd rather place smaller bets with Herro, Nunn, maybe Precious, draft picks and cap room over the coming years. Unless you think Simmons can be THE guy on a contender, I think it's the smarter move.

clutchdabear likes this.