1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

17 Other States Join Texas To Declare Trump President

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 9, 2020.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Even Spacey the independent Trump apologist had to debase himself by accepting subversion and sedition as politics as usual. Revolting.

2. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

**** off

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And yet, Trump is the first and only one to try. Calling someone illegitimate and trying to overturn an election are two different things by the way.

It's crazy that you are supporting anti-democratic initiatives that are more common to banana republics.

London'sBurning likes this.
  4. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So are you going to ship your daughter off to California you ****ing sociopath? pew pew

jiggyfly, jo mama and CometsWin like this.
  5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Wow, I like that you're on their mailing list.

But seriously, the cognitive dissonance is pretty amazing. I wonder if misusing the Bible for so many years has made it easier to do things directly antithetical to the constitution and claim you alone "abide by the constitution." It's about as consistent as prosperity gospel is with the good book.

mdrowe00 and conquistador#11 like this.
  6. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I have a completely different view on the threat. Its not going away. If you dont understand what people see in Trump, legitimately, then you dont understand Trumpism. There is a growing movement on both sides who feel like the government isn't doing whats in the best interest of Americans. How many presidents have there been who came strictly out of capitalism? No Military. No Politics. Trump was about as outside as you can get of the system. Neither party is going to allow another nut job to make it that far in the primaries again. You might think different, but I dont expect to see one for decades.
    But the root of the problem still exists. Trumpism was a test. The next threat might not be. But if both sides dont start working together on income equalities sooner than later, our country is going to be in trouble.

B-Bob likes this.
  7. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I think we should @CometsWin and me want to keel each other if we were in same room so might as well ...Texas can easily stand on its own. Austin becomes new DC Mecca , build modern whitehouse , will be fun . Don’t paint the streets

8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

It my party and I'll cry if I want to...

mdrowe00, B-Bob, T_Man and 1 other person like this.
  9. NewRoxFan

10. ROXRAN

Our sacred democratic institutions haha

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Texas is a bit too diverse. It should be its own nation state. Actually you could divide the country into super states that have more autonomy than states. So the Pacific Rim (Cali, WA, Oregan), the SW (Arizona, NV, Utah, CO, NM, Texas), the Heartland (Montana, Idaho, Dakotas, WY, Nebraska, OK, KS). The Deep South (Missouri, Ark, TN, LA, Alabama, MS, KY, WV), The southeast (Florida, Georgia, SC, NC), Midwest (Iowa, MN, WI, Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, Mi), and the mid-Atlantic/NE with everyone else. 7 Mini-Countries tied together with one state department, one military, and one commerce treaty where the president can be responsible primarily for international issues and emergency coordination.

Each of the 7 superstates has their own legislatures - so naturally the Deep South & the Heartland can be very red and have their own style, where as the Pacific and NE will be very different. Everyone else will be kina in the middle.

I think this could work because it would end a lot of division. And the 7 mini-states could then chose the president so we wouldn't need a presidential election every 4 years. SCOTUS would only deal with international issues and trade issues. You wouldn't need congress anymore.

12. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Just dropped in to LMAO

noscrusir likes this.
  13. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I thought you patriots were gonna commit ritual suicide in protest.
    "Give your lives for Trump." What a snow-joke.

vlaurelio likes this.
  14. NewRoxFan

republican threats if violence... suggest a military coup.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  15. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...nothing new about this, either.

Wouldn't be the first time some Negroes picked the side of the confederacy...
    ...and if this is what it means to be a free-thinking Negro, released from the shackles of Democratic plantations...

...somebody ought to put the shackles back on those dim-witted broads.

STAT.:rolleyes:

B-Bob likes this.
  16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

the military? Oh they voted Biden.

17. ROXRAN

STAT.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
    This is actually something I could be behind 100 percent in agreement. Great post

18. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Told you it was horseshit.

My General Counsel is from a hillbilly village near Dallas. Nice guy...knows Trump is a POS, but is so far right that he still wanted this to succeed, and actually thought it had a chance. I immediately told him it was nonsense after I skimmed it. Makes me question his judgement (again). It's quite clear what type of mailing lists he is on.

19. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

It isn't a laughing matter.
    Just because the lawsuits are ridiculous doesn't mean the repeated attempts to undermine democracy are funny.
    Democracy and freedom are not inevitable; they are the product of continued vigilance.
    A democracy is only as strong as people's faith in it.

Trying to undermine it in order to preserve a wretched human being like DJT is treachery.

London'sBurning likes this.
  20. NewRoxFan

dan patrick lying and trump spreading it...