1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fired Jack Easterby

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by coachbadlee, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

Jamey Rootes has done more to personally offend me than Easterby. Rootes needs to be fired.

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I cannot believe it would ever get to a point where I'd miss Kubiak and Rick Smith, but here we are.

arkoe, DatRocketFan, whag00 and 4 others like this.
  3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Kubes might might as well be Andy Reid compared to our current management and coaching. Dude at least had a great offensive game plan with his zone block scheme and play action schemes making Schaub into a top 5-10 qbs for a couple of seasons.

I don't think even Arian Foster can rack up more than 4 yards per carry with this o-line's run blocking.

#143 fchowd0311, Dec 11, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
    Uprising and conquistador#11 like this.
  4. McNultyisDrunk

McNultyisDrunk Contributing Member

How so? He's on the business side and doesn't have anything to do with football operations.

5. fchowd0311

It seems like this organization has no real structure and every higher up intermingled outside their "defined" roles.

6. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Easterby has no public role, so, that's not really a surprise.

Rootes pops his head up every other month or so to say something vacuous at best or slimey at worst.

Everybody covering for Easterby needs to know this does not end well.

You don't get THIS much smoke without there being a fire somewhere.

JamesC and vinsensual like this.
  7. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

The day after the 10-7 loss to the Browns I get this email from him trying to sell me his book...

[​IMG]

As far as I am concerned, Amy Palcic deserved to be fired for allowing that to go out the day after a brutal loss...

8. fchowd0311

I love books from people with privliged upbringings telling us common folk the keys to business success.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  9. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Don't forget the email was also a solicitation to stuff the Amazon listing of that with 5-star reviews. Gross.

You think Palcic has more authority over that email than Rootes does?

He's the President, dude.

vinsensual and Joshfast like this.
  10. payaso

payaso Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Do we start with QBs whose careers are dead/dying?

11. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Its the implication that even though he won't be the GM... he's going to be "very important" to the future success of the team.

I don't know WTF that even means, but when it comes to making decisions that the owner has to sign off on, who do you think he's more likely to listen to?

12. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

Cal looks like a mamma's boy so I'm going with his mommy as the person he will listen to.

You really expect Cal to get up and say "yea Easterby will still be here. Maybe he takes out my trash or gets me a fresh drink." Cal likes the guy for whatever reason. If he didn't like him, Easterby would have been thrown out with O'Brien. I accept that he is going to be in the building and as long as he isn't making roster decisions I don't care if he wants to jesus up the place.

Deshaun has been quoted saying nice things about the guy as well. Considering the importance of keeping Watson happy, that overrides any of the other BS that comes with Easterby. If Watson turns on him then bye bye....

“For me, to be able to grow and learn from a person like him who’s seen so much, it’s a great opportunity,” Watson says. “Not just for me, but for everyone in that locker room and everyone in this organization.”

“So, we’re blessed to have him on this staff, in that locker room and to kind of guide us in the right direction, because he’s seen a lot,” said Watson.

https://texanswire.usatoday.com/2019/09/04/deshaun-watson-texans-blessed-jack-easterby/

#152 Redfish81, Dec 11, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
  13. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

At least the politicking back then felt much simpler.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I highly doubt that Watson cares... but that SI article was just damning as far as his influence extends.

I just don't think its good for the organization to have that sort of "unlabeled" leadership that the owner is likely to run all potential difficult decision by him. And I don't think any future GM/coach should have to wonder "what exactly does he do here?" especially if one of their potential moves/suggestions is vetoed by the owner.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  16. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Can we please just dumpster this whole "Watson said a nice thing about him!" stuff?

Watson said nice stuff about BOB too.

You expect Mr. Rookie Contract QB Phenom to ever say a bad word about anybody, or to rock the boat, at all?

Puh-leeze. Enough.

17. Buck Turgidson

Has DW ever said a bad thing about anyone he's played with or for? Ever?

cmoak1982 and conquistador#11 like this.
  18. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

He's not stupid, so no.

19. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

People complained about Bob McNair being a bad owner, but I believe he was a decent owner that tried to hire the right people to run the team. His only issue was staying with coaches and GM's a little too long when it wasn't working out.

Now Cal is completed getting manipulated and ran over by people smarter than him. He needs to reboot the team. Hire a trustworthy GM that will take the Texans to the next level through innovation. Give Jeff Luhnow the keys to the team and hand him a note that says "no limitations", and stop being a p***y.

20. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Easterby sucks. He seems to be the culprit for the downfall of this team. Even more than O'Brien.