1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Bulls 12/11/2020 (Preseason)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 10, 2020.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Even with Wood on the team under MDA, it wouldn't have worked; MDA would have just parked him in the corner and made Russ go 1v1 like always. It's the PnR constant movement that is letting everyone get easy shots. Russ was at his best in the PnR in OKC and MDA completely abandoned it.

2. crenshaw

crenshaw Member

that is the hope in this board. I say his trade value will be best next year, when he's contract is a year less and the money will be balanced out and rationalized with next year's free agency market. He's also due to get back to his 17-18ppg average which will only help his stock.

DVauthrin and D-rock like this.
  3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Wall is smarter than Russ I agree, but the passes he was executing were not big brained passes. Boogies was wide open at the top of the key waiting. Silas has built a genius system and it has only been a week

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

A ton of times Wall went to the hole to shoot or pass, and guess what, he needs the ball to do that.......the question is, who is better with the ball as a distributor, Harden or Wall?

Who protects it better, Harden or Wall?

Harden's usage rate will go down quite a bit if he stays...and it will benefit the team.

DD

Rocketeer4Life and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  5. HP3

HP3 Member

Russ was never efficient in OKC though? It was only his MVP season and then after that....he wasnt that efficient in the pick and roll, his numbers werent good there either.

clutchdabear likes this.
  6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

It's one preseason game that no one was trying to win, but I think it's safe to say that we are definitely winning the championship.

noppeper, ElPigto, Victorious and 9 others like this.
  7. HP3

HP3 Member

Harden.

Harden.

You do know that Luka had the ball just as much as Harden did in Dallas right?

cmoak1982 and D-rock like this.
  8. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Mason Jones looks like he'll be a player. He's an active player. Tries to make an impact. When he figures out the best ways to impact the game, he'll be ready to go already! He and Brodric look promising. Brodric looks like a guy that will run the offense that's called and his defense is pretty sharp. Seems NBA level defense already.

Exciting stuff happening in the middle of a melt down!

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

@saleem

Patience is a virtue. :D

Also credited with 3 blocks.

Should have given him 5.

10. riko

riko Member

Harden should see this offense and his eyes need to light up. He could average astronomical assists numbers in this offense. To have Woods and Cousins as pick and pop options would be his wet dream.

pr0wler, D-rock and cmoak1982 like this.
  11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I thought the Lakers won the ring?

Don't care about Luka, Mavs won't win if he dominates the ball like Harden either....

This is about winning, not looking pretty, or being a FAN of a player....

I want the TEAM to win a ring - that will take diversity, changes in the way Harden plays, it will take him scoring less and having the ball a bit less - it will take a bit of a change for him.

DD

12. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

If Bruno can legitimately be the 3rd big we can confidently play if Wood or Boogie are out/foul trouble then I’m really liking our depth and the combinations we could run.

I know if the preseason and the Bulls, and Bruno is a meme but he looked much better tonight than any time last season.

Now has a coach that is willing to play him and let him make mistakes.

13. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Let's not pretend that Harden didn't get his pocket picked at times. There are times that Harden can't get the ball up to start the play and the real problem is that it's something teams can turn on in moments where pressure gets to him and it's game over.

Harden is a great player, but he's not mister take care of the ball guy.

Rocketeer4Life and hakeem94 like this.
  14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Yeah I said Russ was at his best not efficient. Russ attacking the rim like Wall was doing is exactly what MDA and Morey was trying to open up when they shipped Clint off to the Hawks.

I'm not trying to say Russ wasn't terrible, I'm saying that Silas could have unlocked Russ with his brand of basketball.

don grahamleone, hakeem94 and HP3 like this.
  15. riko

riko Member

You can’t be serious here ?

Pistol Pete and D-rock like this.
  16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I heard that to and immediately said that is probably his last game.

bro2044, Chasing_Chase and D-rock like this.
  18. HP3

HP3 Member

Because they have Lebron and AD, has nothing to do with optimal playstyle.

You should care because Silas was their offensive coordinator and they had the best offensive rating ever.

Yea I know that's what Im trying to tell you.

It amazes me that you watched the playoffs these last three years and think Harden having the ball too much is the problem. Did you watch last year's playoffs??? This team wont win a ring without James Harden and there is no evidence he cant adapt here.

clutchdabear and D-rock like this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Color me skeptical.

MDA/Morey were still the greatest believers and users of analytics.

fckbandwagons, HP3 and DreamShook like this.
  20. HP3

HP3 Member

Maybe.....maybe,

DreamShook likes this.