1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen Jackson Calls Out James Harden for "Chasing Rappers" Instead of Supporting New Coach

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LosPollosHermanos, Dec 11, 2020.

1. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

From the looks of it, Harden didn't get his way (the coach he wanted), so now he's throwing a hissy fit. I'm not a Fertitta fan, and I am a Harden fan. But he's being a big baby. A baby who's getting paid $38 million a year. I know you have to listen to your best player and try to keep him happy, but maybe the team enabled this situation by catering to him a bit too much over the years. They're reaping what they've sown. The team still has the power in this situation, though. Tell Harden if he and Durant really want to play together, he should tell Durant to force a trade here. Tell New Jersey we want to trade for Durant but Harden's not part of the deal. (Not that the Rockets have the assets to make it happen.) The point is, the Rockets should control the conversation.

2. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I don't know if Harden would have acted differently if Silas was white, what I do wonder is if he doesn't respect black men in leadership because his mother raised him and continues to raise him even into his 30s. As a larger point, I wonder if black men in leadership are also disrespected at times because they are not the head of their own people anymore. Whatever the case may be, I wish Silas the absolute best. He seems to be a man and worthy of his position.

3. Nimo

Nimo Member

Media doesn't like him partially because he is not a likeable guy. He is not a great interview and doesn't give you great sound bites. It's just the way he is.

Disrespectful? Thats a new one. He was disrespectful because he didn't show up for practice? LOL.

Dominate the ball to inflate stats? When Ariza was missing three after three, or was it when Westbrook was being left open because he couldn't shoot, or maybe it was the glorious days with Jeremy Lin and Chandler Parsons, or Dwight Howard who hasn't been able to stay with a team since he left. People act like the Rockets had the big 3 like Miami and Cleveland. He has never even had a teammate like LeBron just won a ring with a few months ago. If the ball was in his hands a lot, it was because the coach knew their chances to win was better that way.

When it's all said and done I think we will find out that there is so much more to the story that is being fed to us.

HP3 likes this.
  4. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

JB Bickerstaff Be Like "Am I A JOKE to you, hello?!"

Jontro and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  5. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

The real sin of Harden being at Lil Baby's birthday was what he was wearing.
    Also when he was there when someone would yell out Lil Baby both Lil Baby and Harden would turn around and say "what?"

6. Nimo

Nimo Member

If you are looking for him to be a role model, that is on you. But still, dude has no arrests, no drug related suspensions, no scandals, clean.

Wait. Did you just say that is how communism starts. Ok bye.

7. Nimo

Nimo Member

He wanted to win on his own terms but yet they traded Capela because coach wanted to play small ball and to help Westbrook out. Harden never complained, he adjusted his game. The best teammate he has had wad Chris Paul and he kept getting hurt and was on a bad contract. You act like he had a team with Chris Bosh and Dwayne Wade

8. HardenVolumeOne

Im generally curious to see if another franchise will put up with Hardens passive aggresive attitude. Im a long staunch defender of James. But he might not realize how good he has it here. He may go somewhere else and not get all the things he gets here, how will he respond to being told NO. Judging from the reaction to his trade request i could see harden ending his career on a sad note if he wont humble himself

9. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

lol

10. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Jesus christ

joshuaao and thedreamsteam like this.
  11. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

Reports were saying Harden wanted Lucas or Lue. They are both black. He doesn’t respect Fertitta. This doesn’t have much to do with Silas and has nothing to do with Silas being black IMO.

TEXNIFICENT and JumpMan like this.
  12. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Harden has always cared more about partying than winning.

Have we won a playoff seed as a lower seed since Harden has been here ?

Rockets have bent over backwards doing what Harden has wanted for the past 8yrs and the first time they don't he cries and wants to be traded.

13. HardenVolumeOne

thats why its gonna be intresting to see his career going forward, no way you can always get everything you want or demand a trade. thats a toxic culture waiting to happen

Jturbofuel likes this.
  14. SORF

SORF Member

I have tried to stay out of the fray on this issue of JH not showing up. But as every day that goes by, this Harden fan becomes more disappointed in Harden's action. I thought he was above the "me generation", but I was wrong. Today I'm less of a Harden fan because of the lowball antics Harden is employing.. They are an embarrassment to himself, his team, his coaching staff, and the Rockets fans. Harden's thinking that he is embarrassing only the front office is so wrong.

In the workforce, bosses come and go. Some we like and some we damn. It is part of life...and you work through it. You never get everything you want in life. Life is not that easy. I can't believe this is all about a piece of jewelry, a championship ring. Harden it is time to grow up and accept the possibility that a championship may not be in your future and accept it as an adult instead of pouting and playing games of entitlement.

Whenever I feel sorry for myself, I remember that as bad as it may be, others have it worse. Then, I count my blessings that I have received in life. Harden, start counting your blessings. In a couple of weeks, hundreds of thousands of people could be homeless...many are struggling with food, shelter, utilities and unemployment right now...and you aren't happy with the front office? Really? Grow up Harden. Your life and career is not that bad. A championship ring does not define you. Your actions in life define you. And right now, you are failing. JMO

15. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

I agree with you on enjoying those other teams with the Lowry, Dragic. We played as a team. Ball movement, hustle etc....

Yes it was good winning games and making conference finals these last few years, but I slowly began to not like watching the games. Dribble, dribble, dribble and jacking up 3 after 3 is not fun to watch. Not saying I want to go back to being a lottery team, but those teams were more enjoyable to watch.

16. Jontro

Jontro Member

would harden have acted differently if silas was azn?

17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I honestly doubt it. That's a weird take.

Jontro likes this.
  18. FLAGRANT1

FLAGRANT1 Member

Damn this was absolutely the dumbest thing ever typed on Clutchfans outside of the D&D

PDJACK7 and JumpMan like this.
  19. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Great post

20. crenshaw

crenshaw Member

Jack really brought-up a legitimate point, which I'm sure Harden never really considered. This gives the situation and a from bad-to-worse look on him.

Harden obviously had his mind made up during the off-season, except did not have enough leverage to pull it off. But winning solves all problems, with his all-world talent --- this saga will be behind him --- whether in Houston or not.