1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video game] Cyberpunk 2077

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by KingCheetah, Jun 11, 2018.

1. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

do games on the series x auto update? i read cyberpunk was getting a launch day patch? was that applied instantly or do i need to d-load?

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

What age would this be ok for ??

I’ll probably wait until they have the game for ps5 to play it for the first time. I love the look of the game.

3. Juxtaposed Jolt

Definitely 18+. There's bad language and boobies and violence.

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i have the one x, i think all xbox owners get the same patch. 42 gigs

Outlier likes this.
  5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Tesla on autopilot

Ziggy likes this.
  6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Witcher 3 was a buggy mess also at lunch I recall.

Which platform are you playing it on?

7. fchowd0311

They shouldn't have released it in the ps4 and xbox one. That I absolutely understand the frustrations with. Those are executive level decisions but I just have to commend the dev to for such a damn amazing open world city.

Night City is truly the best part about this game. You launch GTA5, you realize just how much more impressive Night City is. For example in GTA 5 the city layout is mostly grid style with pretty much a single layer of interactions with little verticality.

In Night City, the layout is like a jungle more than a grid with so many random twists and side alleys. Also there are vertical layers to the city with different socioeconomic levels with newer more "posh" buildings being built on top of the old buildings with the poor.

#107 fchowd0311, Dec 11, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
    tmoney1101 likes this.
  8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

yeah i looked into more after i read what you said. i could see myself telling my 10 year old... "ok you can play this game but i better not catch you taking a prostitute back to your place or you are in trouble"

Ziggy likes this.
  9. fchowd0311

The game has a "no nudity" option. Violence will still be there.

peleincubus likes this.
  10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Imagine playing this with friends online in VR and doing crazy stuff

fchowd0311 likes this.
  11. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

has it been released?

tinman likes this.
  12. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Yeah, like....like a bag of sand!!!

13. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

I feel like this is worse that W3, and unlike that situation, I find it hard to believe they'll spend much time fixing the version for the base consoles...even though they'll likely get a good chunk of their sales from them.

I'm not even playing the game. More or less boycotting CDPR for now due to these bugs, the transphobic (and more?) content in the game, the crunch issues, and their bad pr to all this. In reality, I'll probably play it in a year or so, especially if they address some of the issues (or have modders fix them).

14. fchowd0311

I hope they just ditch the base consoles. This game just wasn't meant for then and they should have been upfront about it.

If you REALLY want to play this game get a rtx gaming rig or the next gen consoles when the next gen update comes out for those consoles.

15. fchowd0311

Also another thing to keep in mind. The Witcher 3 had the benefit of being launched during the early cycle of the last gen consoles where they are signficantly more capable relative to their time. Cyberpunk is released during their twilight. That's a massive difference you should consider.

CD Projekt Red wanted a massive step up in visual fidelity and open world detail. It just was never feasible.

I missed the transgender contraversy. So I'm confused there. I thought the game was really open in terms of social norms.

16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

my brain with that idea always falls back to people being addicted to it. If you could play a VR that looks as cool as cyberpunk people simply won't leave their houses anymore.

17. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

The problem now is they already released on those consoles (needing the revenue), so they kinda have to support them. Plus they have all that development put into it. I'd rather they keep them since they designed the game (albeit poorly) with them in mind. Should have been next gen and PC only, but too late to go back on that now. Ironically, maybe if they didn't crunch so hard, maybe it could have been released in a year or two, and they wouldn't have needed the revenue from the base machines at that point. Plus the game would have been much better without the crunch. Less bugs and probably better content. Might have been able to do the intro like originally intended.

I'll probably see if I can play the game on Shadow or maybe gf now (only if mods are possible though). It will be a while, so I'll have some time to think it over.

You're basically saying they mismanaged the project, which I don't disagree with. :) Ambition is good, but you have to be realistic with things.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/cd...-time-we-stop-making-excuses-for-them.307474/
    Here's a thread you can read about CDPR. Honestly it seems much of it has gone under the rug sadly, though I think a few review outlets bothered to bring it up (not enough though).

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

What was the original intro supposed to be ?

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Base PlayStation 4 and base Xbox one can’t run this game really.
    This looks like street fighter two on NES
    @Ziggy
    wrong generation
    [​IMG]