1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets have been "yes men " to Harden his entire career in Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Dec 10, 2020.

1. dmoneybangbang

In other news water is wet..... You just hope you get more Tim Duncan than Kawhi Leonard but you still try and trade for Leonard.

D-rock and francis 4 prez like this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

no one thinks Harden has done no wrong nor was it even implied...let’s not start bringing up strawman arguments

D-rock and HP3 like this.
  3. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

i'm trying to remember, did lebron resign with the heat when his contract ended? did they enjoy a decade's worth of finals appearances or did they fall to lottery/1st round exit status for 5 years after their principled stance on traveling crews?

jiggyfly, D-rock and HP3 like this.
  4. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

[​IMG]

jiggyfly likes this.
  5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

They won 2 rings - and were contenders all 4 years....who cares if he left after that?

DD

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I doubt Lebron's decision to go back home to Cleveland hinged on whether Miami let him party in New Orleans.

HP3 likes this.
  7. francis 4 prez

i also doubt miami not letting him party in new orleans had anything to do with him being the best player in the nba and winning titles because he was the best player. he did seem to leave on pretty frosty terms by standing pat riley up in las vegas so something wasn't right between them.

D-rock and HP3 like this.
  8. francis 4 prez

a) presumably the idea of catering to someone is so they will stay, not because you think they will shoot better on their current contract.
    b) they won because his friends weren't on the plane?
    c) so you're saying when miami was in the lottery in recent years, they would have rather been in the lottery than winning more championships? that seems like a weird thing to say.

jiggyfly and HP3 like this.
  9. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

f*** Harden! We've done everything for him . Got Dwight and CP3 for him, then for him to kick them out. Trade him to any team that will give us the best deal.

ATM, i think the Nets with Dinwiddie, LeVert, Allen, and picks will be the best one.

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL - I'm rolling here.

Does Ash even realize that McGrady has NEVER won a playoff game in his SIXTEEN YEAR CAREER until the season he spent on Spurs bench?????

11. DaDakota

Please prove that he left because they said no.

DD

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

With all due respect to @Nook , a poster I've long respected, he's also mistaken if he thinks Tim is acting like a Tilman puppet here.

I know for a fact who Tim speaks to in the organization. Now of course there is some level of "any information from the org can be said to come from the owner" but that's really not the case here. Tilman is not the presence in the organization that he has been portrayed to be. That isn't to say he's a good owner or that his cost concerns haven't hurt he franchise, but Tilman is not the one controlling the info going to reporters at the level that is being implied.

The organization OF COURSE has an incentive to feed information to any reporter that puts them in the best possible position. I do not dispute that, I AM disputing that the reporters like Tim or Feigen are putting that info out as some sort of favor to Fertita.

Edit: I cleaned up my post a little for more accuracy.

#172 justtxyank, Dec 15, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
  13. Nook

Nook Member

You know I respect you as well, but I find that very hard to believe based on the relationship forged between MacMahon and Fertitta when MacMahon was writing for the Dallas Morning News nearly 20 years ago right after leaving The Denton Chronicle. They met through Randy Galloway when MacMahon was just starting out and have remained friendly since then.

If you know who is giving direct information to MacMahon I will take your word for it, but it is certainly benefitting Tilman Fertitta.

D-rock, Os Trigonum and Deuce like this.
  14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Also for the record, I'm not sure there is much benefit to Tilman Fertito in any of this. For the moment the focus is on James Harden wanting out but that's all because of James, not the reporters shielding Tilman. James is who decided to not show up and to go partying in ATL and Vegas. James is the one who decided not to speak with Silas. Those are the things that are making harden look bad.

I haven't seen anyone express any sympathy for Tilman.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

So the feeder of disinformation is not TF but Stone?

Stone is essentially TF's Bill Barr anyway.

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

I hope TF is taking some notes.

17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Just listen to McMahon on the Lowe post podcast.

He is claiming that Harden has held the Rockets hostage all this time and has gotten everything he wanted.

He is implying that Harden ran Howard, CP3 and Westbrook out of Houston.

Westbrook has said he wanted to leave to get his own team and Timmy never brought that up.

He is saying that if Morey and Pringles were still here Harden would still want out and that it has nothing to do with Tillman. (Where could he possibly be getting that from?)

Yes he has looked bad by not reporting and partying but to hear McMahon tell it it's the beginning of the end of the NBA.

So why are we just hearing that Harden has had his fingerprints all over roster construction since he has been in Houston? Why is Mcmahon just now saying that?

I admit I don't know what or whose agenda that Mcmahon is now serving but he definitely has an agenda.

You could tell Lowe wanted to push back but he is not that kind of interviewer.

D-rock, Reeko and lionaire like this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Harden always looks out and takes care of his Rockets players.

I recall similar stories from Clint and Trez.

19. Pringles09

Pringles09 Member

20. DaDakota

I forget did he play out his contract, or did he ask out with 2 years left.

COME ON MAN!!! Apples to apples stop making ****ing excuses.

Neither of these situations are the same. Lebron for all his jinkiness at least honors his contract.

DD