1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Stephen Silas said "hello" to James Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BleedRocketsRed, Dec 10, 2020.

1. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

i think it's safe to say harden doesnt think too much or highly of Silas

2. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

agree with this so much. it really is the best approach, and like you said, it applies to all types of relationships (including sports and business).

whether or not silas is able to successfully bring harden back in the fold, i just love silas' approach and demeanor, and he exudes the soft skills that are necessary to be a great leader. the fact that he led the no.1 offense in nba history last season is just icing on the cake. rockets somehow lucked into one of the best coaches in the game.

D-rock, finsraider and fckbandwagons like this.
  3. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think is this. I think he is uncomfortable at the idea of Silas preaching more movement and mixing up the offense a bit. Same issue on defense, since the Rockets don't plan to do switching full time. I really doubt he has anything against Silas himself. You have to realize, Harden has been accustomed to playing one way for many years now and asking him to do things out of that realm, he unfortunately does not like. From the way Silas talks, Harden will still have plenty of high usage (just look at Doncic last year), but there will be more variety to the offense.

Winning cures all. If John Wall/Demarcus Cousins are healthy, EG regains his form and Christian Wood turns out to be an all-star, assuming all the pieces fit together, I think James will end up staying. It's a tall order though since the injuries to Wall and Cousins were severe and there is no guarantee they will regain their form, even 80%. At least Cousins showed promise his time at GSW, but his quad then gave out after playing a little over 1/3 of a season. Then he tore his ACL after that. Just a ton of question marks and uncertainties. I get why James may not believe this is a championship team. It would be if we lived in a vacuum.

#83 ElPigto, Dec 11, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
  4. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

I'm a Silas guy.

D-rock likes this.
  5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

6. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

s3ts and D-rock like this.
  7. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

Would normally say “don’t shoot your load to fast” but he seems like a standup guy and only time will tell if he’ll be a good HC. I’m optimistic.

dc rock and D-rock like this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Staying away vs. hounding someone are far from the only options.

I thought it was odd comparison before but your additional response hasn't made that comparison any more accurate.

Seriously, if you are wooing a beautiful talented and highly coveted woman, the very last thing you want to do is wait for her to come to you.

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

I would not doubt this.

At all.

Would be just like Morey to engineer something so freking awesome but so complicated that it falls apart at the nth hour.