1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Arenas: James has to reevaluate how he plays the game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Dec 9, 2020.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It's crazy but the main reason we competed with the Warriors was our defense, not offense. CP3 is probably more proud of that team's defense than offense.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Spurs when Kawhi got down? Blazers when Dwight Howard outperformed Harden?

Like a Jimmy Buttler led team has beaten more impressive teams than Harden like the Bucks. Has Harden ever beaten a team of that caliber as a Rocket?

The Wolves, Jazz, Westbrook led Thunder were all okay meh teams.

That 2018 team was extra special. That was the one team that could have done and it was because of the defense.

Edit: I forgot about the CP3 Clippers. That was by far the best team a Harden led team beat in the playoffs and he didn't have the hottest series there. But I'll give him credit there. He did beat a really good team in that Clippers team.

3. HP3

HP3 Member

1 game and 4-5 match up. So....yea. The spurs argument is never gonna be a good one for you in this conversation.

Really? Wanna take a look at rosters and tell who's is better? Tell you what? You Butler the Westbrook from this year.....and you give Bam Adebayo and let's see who does worse LOL. Lets see if they even make it past the Bucks.

The wolves were a third seed before Butler got hurt. Jazz were always a greeat defensive teams. And so were the Thunder. I understand you like to crap on everything Harden but lets not be disingenuous. And we also took the Warriors to 6 and 7 with Harden.

Yea of course it was the only time we ever had a top 10 player next to Harden was when we had Cp3 here. Yea sure dude, the offense was complete trash that could do anything, whatever LOL. You look at playoff offensive efficiency and dont realize that its a small sample size with a lot of context involved.

Dude Harden averages 25 points on 60 TS% He had a great series. He was by far out best player. Dont let one game fool you into denying the numbers here.

You hate the dude but you arent ever objective.

MettaWorldPete and jiggyfly like this.
  4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

The Clippers doofus.

The Jazz have been about equal to Bucks especially considering that team has not made it our of the 2nd round and has been overrated.

He averaged over 25 points that series and gave then 30 in the close out game, try again.

Astrodome likes this.
  5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Lol you must place a lot of stock into those celebrity publicist written apologies too. All the crap said post game is scripted bs. “Man they have so and so such a great scorer, s played hard ...”

Finding a likely political quote doesn’t outweigh what literally every talking legend including Kobe had said.

you guys will believe anything thoguh

6. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Fan bois out in full force to clean some scrotum. When even clutch says harden should grow a pair and develop some character you guys really should do some self reflection

7. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Harden has moved with the team and coaching/mgmt, but seriously every year he tries to add a move and find a way to side-step the rules through his mechanics. He's crafty and constantly re-evaluating his game.... he just needs the right accountability and coaching and he'd be an unstoppable beast.

Now commit already JH13!

8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I did not know Lebron was a celebrity publicist.

Go ahead and continue to look stupid.

9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I appreciate what Clutch has done, major big ups to him.

Why should we think his opinion carries more weight than ours?

10. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

I used that as an analogy, did you completely miss that and follow up with that last statement? I put “too” in there too genius. What about Kobe, Barkley, every other legend? Or did you miss that part too

I’ll repeat it again without an analogy since you have a hard time following. “So and so played real hard man, we played hard but the key to winning was our defense, and the fans ...”

Post game pressers and mics are rarely anything other than scripted prepped jargon. Does lebron probably think harden is an amazing player? Absolutely..he’d be an idiot to think otherwise. Does he think his play is conducive to a ring? You bet your ass he doesn’t like every other legend

11. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Probably because it does and clutch is the most conservative in terms of reflecting a negative opinion. He meets these guys in pressers and keeps a good relationship with the team and personnel. He made this site to stop this team from moving 20 yrs ago. So yea, when someone that has way more access to info than you do and is probably the least likely to show overt criticism it says a lot. A close college friend of mine is pretty high up in the organization and used to have a direct line to morey. There was one rule, you don’t cross James harden. You don’t talk to James harden. This org created a crazy delusional aura around this cancer

Asian Sensation and Os Trigonum like this.
  12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So why the hell are you placing so much weight on what Arenas said?

You are tying yourself into knots to **** on Harden by cosigning Arenas, the guy who wishes he was as good as Harden and had an even more "selfish" game but never won a playoff series.

The fact that he included barkley and kobe into the convo strengthens my point.

HP3 likes this.
  13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Clutch still has an opinion like everybody else and he is a super fan of the team so that's an inherent bias.

You don't talk to James Harden, wut?

Why the **** should I care about your close college friend he is probably a hater just like you if he even exist.

Nook has people he knows in the org as well and has not said this.

HP3 likes this.
  14. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

It really is unbelievable that they come up with this stuff on James, who is a much better and more durable version of Kyrie, who does not get that level of hate. The durable part is what makes him exponentially better than Kyrie. For a guy who they put at #9/10 top 10 players, why is he even still being discussed? That is how you know the media has a massive hatred towards Harden.

jiggyfly likes this.
  15. OpportunityCost

This Sixer's fan pretty much summed up how I feel about the Harden era (the article topic was the idea of trading Simmons for Harden - nearly everyone there [in the comment section] was against it by the way):

"Agree wholeheartedly about the Rockets brand of basketball during the Harden era: I tried to watch a few of their playoff games and they couldn’t even hold my attention for more than about 10 minutes at a time. Dribble-dribble-dribble shoot, dribble-dribble-dribble foul is atrocious to watch. I don’t think Harden HAS to play like that exclusively, though, and a lineup of Harden, Curry, Green, Tobias and Embiid would be fantastic at all sorts of pick-n-roll/pop and even motion type offenses that could fall back on Harden or Embiid isos when necessary"

#75 OpportunityCost, Dec 10, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
  16. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

“I choose not to listen to what I don’t like to hear”

right so all the stories that have come out not just now, in the athletic earlier about his diva behavior are false. Lol enjoy living in your echo chamber moron

bmelo likes this.
  17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So now it's about diva behavior?

You sound like a scorned chick.

18. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Thats the problem, he wont. He hasn't done so yet and at 30 I dont think he will

19. rocketseagles07

Arenas got caught up appealing to Shannon. If you really listen to him he defends harden a lot. What he was correct about was the off ball stuff... that can’t be argued. The one skill stuff was bs

20. bmelo

bmelo Member

James Harden put players interest in CBA at risk. Of course top5 paid players don't care, but rest of the league, guys that make 1-10 milion a season probably hate this dude right now