1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Harden Era: Best Passers/Ball Handers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket River, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

So who else on the rockets have been better in the Harden Era. . . .
    Which other players did you want controlling the ball besides Harden and CP3?

Rocket River

2. TimDuncanDonaut

CP3 best.

Harden is an underrated passer from league perceptions. His passing is not often talked about, works to our advantage when opposing team game plan against HOU.

Lowry improved his passing since leaving us.

It's interesting to see Wall and JLin in the same thread. Both from 2010 draft class, Wall was #1 and Jlin undrafted.

Wall's passing is decent. Having two playmakers is good. Teams like the clippers really suffered without one.

3. s3ts

s3ts Member

I don't know why, I keep thinking about Ish Smith, was kind of frustrated to see him go.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  4. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

I miss Stevie Franchise.

5. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Chris Paul is the point god, so he's obviously #1.

#2 should be Harden's spot. He's not creative. He's not Curry, Irving, CP3 where he can possibly get stuck in the middle of 2 defenders, and still slither his way out. (Harden does have the best euro step though, but Harden is also the best creator after the dribble ends) Harden is very good in isolation and also in the fast break. He's a really good point guard to have. He just doesn't have the safest handles. He is however, a very HIGH risk, HIGH reward passer. He is one of the best passers in the league, and honestly he could keep his turn overs down if he was a little less eccentric in his passes. Sometimes it feels like he's just seeing what he can get away with. Playing a game within the game. He sucks at passing out of double teams though.

#3 might be a little difficult. In theory it probably SHOULD be John Wall, but he hasn't played a game yet. so I won't list him yet, but John Wall is an extremely crafty ball handler and he is honestly one of the best pure creators in the league due to his crazy vision and athleticism. Wall is was one of the best passers in the league, and you could argue he is better than James Harden in both passing and ball handling. Honestly, I'd say he absolutely IS better than Harden in both but time will tell.

#3/4 has to be Westbrook, right? Only one season, but Westbrook is one of the best, if not THE best player that can make a pass/play out of a bad situation. Well, he mainly puts himself in those bad situations. He's the best example of going in without a plan, although I do this he has a plan most of the time. It just doesn't look like it lol. He looks like Jeremy Lin jumping into the air with no idea what to do except Westbrook actually has the capability to get an easy bucket for his teammates. As for ball handling, he's definitely lower than the three mentioned aboved. Possibily even lower than Lou Williams. But you also have to account for the fact that Russ is an elite fast break ball handler for his sheer speed. Being able to handle that ball at that speed and power is honestly an amazing feat that only a few players in the league can do.

Then you have guys like Eric Gordon and Lou Williams. Gordon isn't much of a passer, and his handles fluctuate from someone's going to be left in the dust or the ball is going to bounce off someone's foot. Lou just doesn't pass at all.

All in all... I am very excited to watch John Wall as a point guard because simply put.. he may not be the best player but he sure if fun to watch.

6. raining threes

Why?

7. s3ts

s3ts Member

I also forgot Kyle Lowry was here. But he's just a solid guard. Wasn't a huge fan of his, preferred Aaron Brooks before the injury.

Rocket River likes this.