1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden wanted Ty Lue

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HP3, Dec 9, 2020.

1. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Harden wanted a Prada bag. Who gives a shiz

2. smp

smp Member

I agree with you for the most part. But top tear players always lead a team to the finals at some point. Harden hasn’t made it to that level. He was a 6th man young player when he was in the finals. While he is “the man”, never made it. If he ever does, he will be the Robin for someone’s Batman. He is a really good player. But he is not a leader.

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

4. nigma2000

nigma2000 Member

I agree, the man basically wants to be GM of the team. Get these players, remove these players, get me this coach. What’s next? Have input on the design of the jerseys. Decide if it’s hot dogs or Pizza night at the concession stands?

it’s the Houston Rockets not the Houston Hardens

5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Clippers looking good

6. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Wake me up when the Clippers don't blow a 3-1 lead in an epic fashion especially when the opponent's franchise player is benched in the 4th quarter of the turning point Game 6.

7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

They have a different coach now

8. jdiggidy

jdiggidy Member

JEZZUS, I’m freaking tired of it. Team picked Silas. Done, move the F on and give this man his opportunity.

I’ll be the first to say I hate Tillman the owner but until someone drops the Tillman “Donald Sterling” video/recording, quit saying he needs to sell the damn team cause he donated to DStain Donnie Dumbass!

He is being “cheap” because there is a pandemic and he just wants to reset his team financially to set them up for success down the road. (I hope!)

9. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Tilman was cheap long before the pandemic. Trading 1sts to cut salary. In many instances had he just paid the tax, he could have traded a large expiring and 1sts for a contributor. Can't blame the pandemic, that's like saying Harden is only going to the strip club because of the pandemic.

Omihall23, HP3, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  10. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

He's always been cheap as an owner and he was cheap (and a cheat) well before he owned the team. I have family that got stiffed by him on a large bill for work rendered long before he owned the Rockets and it's not an unusual story. That's how he does business.

11. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Well people can read the reviews for his restaurant! Most people know Landry's as a company that buys out restaurants and destroy the quality. I believe one comment had discussed them using frozen products.
    He's basically doing the same thing with the Rockets. He's not creating a championship team. He's creating a team that can generate interest and money. Just marketable Entertainment.

That's it!

HP3 and D-rock like this.
  12. jdiggidy

jdiggidy Member

Sorry about the fam. I don’t know all the dirty deeds.

I know he has poured a ton into UH. I know he uses UH BBall as a test tube to implement things at Toyota Center.

I guess my main point is as the owner of the team he wants to reset things so he can build it up the way he wants.

Obviously that comes at great risk, fans, James,etc.

Unfortunately it will take a “Sterlingesque” situation for the NBA to step in and force a sale.

13. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Someone send him a hooker and take pics!

jdiggidy likes this.
  14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

He wanted another yes man.

15. HardenVolumeOne

ty lue was too expensive for tilman