1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shams: Harden has added bucks and heat to “preferred destinations”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Legend, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Sanity2disChaos

katya will put us over the cap... let’s do it!!

RasaqBoi and jakedasnake like this.
  2. Vivi

Vivi Member

Just scroll the page, i told what i think (and fwiw) to HP3 few posts above ;)

HP3 likes this.
  3. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think the Sixers might end up putting Simmons on table, also cause realistically, there's no other way for them to get Harden, it's that simple. But one thing i think Morey will definitely try to do is to route Harris to the Rockets (for Gordon/PJ) or another team.

4. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

As someone who lived in Milwaukee for eight years, it is a nice city especially May through Sept. It is close --90 miles--to Chicago, too. But James freezing his ass off? If he goes there he is really all about the Championship, which I think he does not have to be quite so desperate about this year.

James should add Golden State, and Denver also if that is all he is about, too. This obsession with the Ring is a pure money/media/commerical thing. I guess you can sell more sneakers in your old age or something.

#364 glynch, Dec 10, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
  5. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Because he was 100% of the offense and there are 29 other NBA teams who play team basketball and some of them do very well for themselves. Oh and the same game he uses to lead the league in scoring doesn't facking work in the playoffs!

6. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Didn’t realize Butler liked the post.

everyday eddie, riko and krmclaughlin like this.
  7. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

The Heat definitely interest me with Herro and Duncan.

8. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Duncan Robinson is arguably one of the top five shooters in the NBA, [but] I don’t even know if he can dribble,” Barkley said. “You make yourself half of a player [if you don’t dribble]. I challenge guys like Robinson to learn how to dribble the damn basketball so you can help your team more.”

Ming The King likes this.
  9. YaoMingsSoulja

The Heat didn't make any moves because they simply don't need to. And what was it, 3 of their starting 5 went down with injuries in the finals? They might've beaten the Lakers if that didn't happen. There's no way Harden goes to Miami, unless for some reason they don't have to end up trading any of their core pieces, which is highly unlikely.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Nice role players, headline of a package? I don’t know.

I’m not saying media conspiracy and you don’t get equal value back for your star but look, Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson, Jarrett Allen, Spencer Dinwiddie, Caris LeVert ... the Clippers wouldn’t accept it for Kawhi or PG, the Lakers wouldn’t accept it for LeBron or AD, the Warriors wouldn’t accept it for Curry, the Blazers wouldn’t accept it for Dame, the Mavs wouldn’t accept it for Luka, the Sixers wouldn’t accept it for Embiid or Simmons, the Wizards probably wouldn’t even accept it for Beal, on and on you get the point but here we are, no one wants Harden and the Rockets should and need to take 10 cents on the dollar for their star, top 3 MVP last 5-6 years, 2 guaranteed years left + third year player option. I get it, he’s flawed, he needs the ball, surround him with defenders/3&D guys, he’s not for everyone/everyone’s taste but I mean damn...

But of course, Houston sports, expecting a pupu platter back.

Deuce, forchette49, DVauthrin and 5 others like this.
  11. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Herro and Duncan are not worth much to us when we have nothing to build around. We need some primo draft picks or a young player with super star potential. Herro is not that.

Two Sandwiches and J.R. like this.
  12. Vivi

Vivi Member

@YOLO who would you rather have between Herro and Wiseman?

13. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

I'd take Butler and some youngs.

14. Boston84

Boston84 Member

That Atlanta insider was screaming ab George being available....possibly traded to Atlanta before the draft etc etc and George just signed a massive extension. He also told us Boston was trading for harden and the return for you guys include Wiggins among other things- he know somethings but he’s wrong a majority of the time and wrong bad.

he didn’t have milwaukee on hardens list and quite honestly the other teams on the list are easy to assume without being an insider, contenders who can make the trade and then still compete being the parameters- any casual fan can do that.

He said rondo wasn’t coming to Atlanta...he did. He question Kevin O’Connor on Gallo being linked to Atlanta. He’s not reliable.

everyday eddie, Reeko and DVauthrin like this.
  15. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

16. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Please say no to Tobias Harris. Love the player, but his contract may be worse than Westbrook's or Wall's.

17. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Yep I'm going to stop posting NBA Supes on here since he's become very questionable lol

HP3 and Boston84 like this.
  18. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

Tyler Herro
    Duncan Robinson

Kendrick Nunn
    + Kelly Olynyk + Andre Iguodala to match salaries
    + 2 first is a nice trade I think
    and give us a lot of salary flexibility next year to catch a good FA

forchette49 and RasaqBoi like this.
  19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If you can do it with Kevin Martin and Jeremy Lamb, you can do it with Ben Simmons.

Have to take the best player possible, until we can accumulate again to have two/three top 25 players.

I do think Ben Simmons could be one of those guys. If he isn't our cup of tea, tough luck. He is likely the best player we can get.

All of that said, my longshot hopes are on Smart/Brown still...

DVauthrin and HP3 like this.
  20. riko

riko Member

Jimmy Butlers endorsements for the heat to get harden is big

everyday eddie likes this.