1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shams: Harden has added bucks and heat to “preferred destinations”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Legend, Dec 10, 2020.

1. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

any of 'em made all star? Bunch of role players, sure there are a couple of "promising" role players on that list, but man no GM will do that trade for harden.

Sanity2disChaos likes this.
  2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

You hating so hard.

Betting websites know the most.

SMH.

Reeko likes this.
  3. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Spin, spin, DUNK ain’t coming to Houston

4. Vivi

Vivi Member

Hawks insider:

"Update:

I know you guys saw Shams C. piece about Harden but that's not even what going on behind the scenes.

Miami is all in for Giannis. They haven't made an offer for James and they will only be willing to make an offer if Butler/Herro/Bam are off the table

Milwaukee doesn't have anything HOU wants outside of Giannis.

Brooklyn STILL has not made an offer and won't till HOU lowers their demands

Simmons still isn't available and from what I was told, won't be available.

GS has pulled out but don't be surprised if they are in a deal if HOU trades him.

All signs continue to point to where HOU isn't interested in, Los Angeles Clippers. LAC is the only desperate team out there. They just ultimately lack the pieces a rebuilding team needs. The market for PG13 is a lot smaller than it was during the draft(No ATL for example) but he still has value on the open market for multiple assets.

Houston can be mad about it but ultimately, James choose the WORST time to do this.

And what's also going around was James didn't want to play with John as much as he wanted to get Russ out of HOU. He knew WAS had interest in Russ and both were ready to sit out TC. This was ultimately to lower the asking price of the Rockets to WAS. It was stated that HOU wanted one unprotected 1st for Russ from WAS or Rui. There is a lot of bad blood between Tillman-Harden due to political views and how James sees Tillman treat others that aren't preferred like he is. My guy gave you HOU perspective. They aren't going to bend but everyone around the league knows they have little to no options considering James reputation in the NBA among front offices.

He's worth a lot more to us than them. LAC is the team with the biggest interest but HOU hasn't been receptive as of late. They were focused on Boston and Philly. Boston has recently pulled out like GS did so we all know their card and it's Philly. Philly hasn't made Simmons available and don't seem to have the interest to do so. Based on what I got, if Simmons was available, even without a pick, HOU would do it considering the market for James right now.

Philly feels Simmons is a young star who will be a superstar. He's still developing. Morey envisions a big 3. If Brand was still the main decision maker, Simmons would be a HOU with a bunch of other things but this is why Morey gets the big bucks. He's one of the best in the NBA.

Philly had to remodel their organization. It was a lot of rough spots. That's what Doc/Morey was brought there for.

Yes, they want Harden without trading Simmons or Embiid.

Lifestyle, personalities, how does he mesh. There is less risk for Simmons than Harden. Why? because if Harden doesn't work, you barely have trade options to do otherwise while you can always trade Simmons who has 5 years left on his deal. "

#324 Vivi, Dec 10, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
    opticon likes this.
  5. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Absolutely agree

Ramo$e likes this.
  6. opticon

opticon Member

They are doing PJ dirty not giving him an extension. Especially after finding the money to pay Wood. James can't be happy about that.

7. Vivi

Vivi Member

Added to the previous post

8. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

If what the Hawks insider is saying is true, the Rockets need to hold Harden until teams get serious about their offers. It is laughable that teams think they will get a perennial MVP-caliber player under contract for two seasons (likely three considering he makes $47 million if he opts in for his final year) by offering a bunch of trash.

#328 DVauthrin, Dec 10, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
    Deuce, fckbandwagons and HP3 like this.
  9. HP3

HP3 Member

This dude is the one guy Im calling BS on. How does he have SO MANY sources? And what has he gotten right? LOL right, Brooklyn hasnt even made an offer. The hell outta here dude.

Reeko, King1, jiggyfly and 2 others like this.
  10. HP3

HP3 Member

I dont even know if what this guy is true either. Lol yea bro, you have THAT many sources and know whats going on in every front office. Please.

However IF it is true, these dudes can kick rocks. Id rather let James walk in two years than get bent over like this.

DVauthrin and Reeko like this.
  11. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

How so? He's 35 years old. If he were 28-30 years old, then sure give him an extension. But at 35, I think the Rockets are doing the prudent thing by waiting to see how he and the team shakes out this year. I can understand him wanting more security but them the brakes. And I say that as someone who LOVES PJ. I wanted him on the Rockets for years before he joined the team and has loved everything he has given since. But automatically giving more money/years to a guy on the wrong side of 30 (especially if they are looking at some sort of potential rebuild) would not be a very good decision.

AXG and ak99999 like this.
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

reality will hit for many of these teams once actual games get underway

at this point in time, everyone is in the best shape of their life, gained 15 lbs of muscle, lost 20 pounds, improved their jump shot, feel as healthy as they’ve ever been, etc

Rudyc281, DVauthrin and HP3 like this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

his contract this year isn't even fully guaranteed. yeah i'd say they're absolutely doing PJ dirty, especially for someone who has not missed a game since hes been here and has done everything the rockets have asked to this point and never complained. It speaks volumes that a player like that doesn't get rewarded in some form or fashion. But we already know Tilman is a dumbass. Just add this to the current long list of fck ups

Reeko, Ramo$e and HP3 like this.
  14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

this f'n scrub must have been on shrooms while composin all this ridiculous mess

Reeko, King1, jiggyfly and 1 other person like this.
  15. DVauthrin

Like you, I’m skeptical that anything he’s saying is true. According to him, James Harden is basically a radioactive asset, which makes no sense.

Reeko and HP3 like this.
  16. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Lol reading this guy, you'd think Houston was calling teams BEGGING them to take Harden with nobody biting. Get the absolute **** out of here. Harden did this at the worst time?? Based on what exactly?? He's still got multiple years left on his deal, has posted almost a decade worth of elite stats with zero drop off, is easily regarded as a Top 5 player still in his prime, and is someone you can build an entire team around. Just because GMs aren't giving their best offers right off the bat doesn't mean he has no market. It just means that GMs understand the Rockets aren't rushing to trade him, and therefore are not rushing to put their best offers forth. For claiming to be such an insider, he sure is naive about how this works.

17. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

**** every team in the league. I really admire how Stone is handling this in a very Anti-Morey way. Just sit back, stay out of the posturing and leaking fray and let his value rise to the surface.

Roc Paint, Plowman and DVauthrin like this.
  18. Vivi

Vivi Member

Pretty sure i read him say other times he has one source, for whatever that means lol.

Regardless, personally i think he's legit, i never watched that site until the last months but i've read different people say he got multiple things right, and i mean, he did say like a month earlier than it came out that the Hawks wanted Hayward and Rondo. And also some specific things he posts seems to be credible to me.

Then again, as always with insider you shouldn't really expect them to be always right, and that's not even their purpouse, they just pass what they hear. I mean, i'm sure teams talk about multiple scenarios everyday, if everytime they discuss a trade they end up making it, we would've at least twenty trades per day.

HP3 likes this.
  19. DVauthrin

It’s definitely true when you consider the organization signed Eric Gordon to a four-year extension last season. Considering Tucker’s age, something like 2 years, 18 million or 2 years, 20 million should get it done.

HP3 and YOLO like this.
  20. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's mighty white of him.
    We'll send him wherever we want.
    Stone's doing a great job of getting the bidding started. No hurry, no worries.

The only team out of those four that has anything I want is Philly.

Wherever he goes, it WILL be a monumental haul.

Ramo$e and Rudyc281 like this.