1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Russillo] 76ers waiting on Rockets for Simmons / Harden deal; also PJ Tucker wants out

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rudy, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Nook

Nook Member

If James Harden is playing for the Rockets and scoring 32-35 points a night and playing well, his value will only go up..... he is a rare power shifting player that is available in trade during a season, which is just about unheard of. He can fit in on just about any team as well as he doesn't require anything other than teammates that can hit open 3's and not clog the lane.

There would a group of teams in the "very good" category that would think he could be the difference between very good and great. That may not be Philadelphia but there would be a group of 3-4 teams that fall into that category. There is a lot of pressure to win in the NBA at the head coach and front office level, and there will be strong interest in James Harden.

Now, if Philadelphia is the best team in the East at the deadline, and they feel good where they are at, they likely would keep Simmons because their window would be longer...... but not every team in that situation will be #1 in the East or West.

Having said that, I do believe that the Rockets front office sincerely believes that they have a chance to be a lot better than last year and want to try and get Harden playing and hope he decides to stay.

At this point I do not care as long as the Rockets do not trade Harden and think they are going to be a contender with the pieces they get back, that just isn't going to happen. The Rockets would need to rebuild and be smart about it if they dealt Harden.

clos4life, Corrosion and Astrodome like this.
  2. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Christian Wood is 25, Jae-Sean Tate is 25, and Ben Simmons is 24.

3. Nook

Nook Member

Russillo may have said good things about Morey in the past (I don't doubt that) but I have also heard him say nasty things as well and Morey has criticized him before.

Deuce and dobro1229 like this.
  4. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

19 ppg on 11 shots. First team all nba defensive player. This post sucked.

5. SuraGotMadHops

I still dont understand how the hell it got to this point so quickly, or what Harden is so butt hurt about. Since he's been here all DM ever did is find stars to pair him up with, and Harden seemed to have an issue with all of them. Now, Stone has taken over and has made some incredible moves that will complement Harden's game nicely. What the hell does he want??

6. Jwise44

Jwise44 Member

I highly doubt this is true, if it is we may as well pull the trigger. BUTTTTT if they come out terrible maybe we still get a better package

7. sheb

sheb Member

Wasn’t their a leak about harden leading a call between him, Tilman, and Westbrook. Where he got Tilman to apologize. Dunno what happened afterwards to lead to this.

8. oloboloz

oloboloz Member

Personally I think Ben Simmons is overrated and on a terrible deal. You can’t pay that type of player max money and expect to be successful. He can’t shoot! If that is the best offer we get I’m just not trading Harden, and it makes more sense to let him walk in 2 years.

At a certain point one of these franchise owners needs to grow some balls and quit catering to these players the moment they start complaining.

Hypothetically speaking he’s traded for Simmons I think we’re a lottery team immediately with no draft picks of our own to look forward to, and that’s in addition to now having two terrible contracts on the books. The only way I consider trading Harden to Philly is if we get a 3rd team involved. Send all of that sixers trash to Phoenix and get us Book.

All of these teams that Harden is rumored to be interested in make no sense for us. Bucks, heat, sixers, and nets all have nothing of interest, or I should say nothing they’re willing to part with.

ashleyem likes this.
  9. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

10. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

11. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

I agree

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

13. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Except when Morey told him no it wasn’t possible and you know he was okay with it.

14. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I agree with you but @Nook has circled the same news about Tucker wanting out for at least the past week (I'm sure it's been longer).

Plus Rusillo was one of the first other than Goodwin of Yahoo! to report that CP wanted out because of his busted relationship with James.

I wouldn't put all my chips in on this "news" from Ryan but even our insiders have mentioned these two insider bits more often than not.... that being said, I don't see how Wall and Simmons fit together if a trade is made with Ben involved.

15. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Simmons is a taller, younger Westbrook to me...

he has a lot of positives but he MUST develop a jumper for Gods sake

16. latebloomer19

latebloomer19 Member

Id rather have the nets trade than ben simmons.

Allen
    Dinwiddie
    Levert
    Prince
    1st rd picks

Trade them by the deadline if you dont want them but they are still valuable assets.

Personally woukd love to have Allen. Former longhorn

17. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

How do you break out if you can't shoot?

I have never been a fan of Simmons. Usually a star can win at any level. He was soo underwhelming in college. Especially at LSU. A player as talented as he is should have dominated at that level.

18. treyk3

treyk3 Member

LMFAO.

He can play defense. Ben Simmons would be the best defensive anchor in Houston since Hakeem.

He's closer to Giannis than Westbrook.

If Westbrook were 7 Feet he'd be one of the best players in NBA history. He's basically an all time center in a point guard's body.

Deuce, xaos and dmoneybangbang like this.
  19. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

<a href="https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/...rockets-1-31-2017.280262/page-7#post-10909041">ClutchFans Game Thread: Kings @ Rockets 1/31/2017</a>

That was 2017 lol

Seems my opinion of Paul George went down in 2018.

bmelo likes this.
  20. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think Simmons is close to a top 20 player in the league. He makes the all star team solely cuz he is in the East.

These are guys for sure better than him.

Harden
    Westbrook
    Lebron
    AD
    Jokic
    Luka
    Lillard
    Tatum
    KD
    Giannis
    CP3
    Curry
    Mitchell
    Kawhi
    PG
    Embid

These are guys I think are better or potentially could be better. Some of these guys exploded in the playoffs this year and if they can sustain that type of success are for sure better.

Lowry
    Kyrie
    Bam
    Vucevic
    Beal
    Booker
    KAT
    Klay
    Morant
    Zion
    Oladipo
    Trae