1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KEVIN DURANT - " I am not thinking about James he is not even on the team." Diss or no diss

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by acruz2, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

It is the same type of answer that someone would give if you asked lets say the Rockets a few years back if they think about the Warriors when they are in a play off game with another team. "No we don't think about the Warriors, our concern right now is ______."

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Snake language.

Hiss.

4. WiltTheStilt13

Do it Stone!!!

So Saith Red likes this.
  5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jesus, listen to yourself

cdrive likes this.
  6. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Nets second round exit. Mark it down.

7. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Snakes will hissssssssssss......

8. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Who cares.

9. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

I was watching the CP3 interview with JJ Reddick and man I miss him. He is a true warrior and champion in my mind. He has that championship mindset. A true leader and mentor. I have been supporting Harden all these years but I question his ability to lead. CP3 is in the leadership mold as other notable leaders including Lebron and Kobe. Every team has a vocal leader that inspires and challenges other players to greatness. The championship Raptors team has Kyle Lowry. Yes it was Lowry and not Kawhi who was the leader of that championship season. Harden isn’t it. Much like how Kyrie Irving isn’t it. There aren’t many stories and anecdotes out there about Harden’s ability to lead. Instead the reporting on harden’s ability to lead has been negative and unflattering since he has been in Houston. Believe it or not Trevor Ariza was the Rockets leader in those years before CP3 came. Even Harden was quoted in calling Ariza a true leader. I thought Roco was a great leader as well and the Rockets will truly miss his service. We don’t have the access to team workouts and scrimmages and meetings but the players’ demeanors and actions in the court speaks volumes. CP3 was always talking to guys or whispering encouragements in guys ears. Often he emotionally high fives a teammate. Roco always gathered guys around and plotted out a strategy or to discuss adjustments after a foul or a during a timeout. Heck even Russ was a vocal and supportive leader as we saw him get excited for teammates from the sidelines during last years first round. These guys were vocal to correct players but supportive and has great attitudes. This is the winning mindset. Instead Harden barks at players. He is rarely visibly excited for teammates and his body language and actions on the court do not come across as him being particularly supportive of teammates. But all of this doesn’t mean James isn’t great. James is still an unbelievable player. He just isn’t in that leadership mold. Its ok. We can’t expect him to be that type of player or person. He is one of those players that need a true leader to win. Hopefully he will get his prize one day.