1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

[Russillo] 76ers waiting on Rockets for Simmons / Harden deal; also PJ Tucker wants out

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rudy, Dec 9, 2020.

1. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Gotta surround Simmons with reliable shooters... He and John Wall together would be entertainingly tragic!... Still will be in the playoff hunt but get embarrassed in the 1st rd if they were to make it... I'm all in!

Rudyc281 likes this.
  2. riko

riko Member

WOJ reported the Rockets are still holding out hope they can convince harden. No intentions of trading him as of right now.

3. An An

An An Member

A nice foundation to build on. If Wall and Cousins come close to what they were, it will be fun to watch.

It is not fun seeing one player basically hold the team hostage when he does not hold himself accountable.

18pbr and Rudyc281 like this.
  4. mightybosstone

And yet he's in Houston getting tests at Toyota Center. If hes was truly done, why make an appearance in the building at all? Even if he hates Fertitta, I think the man has enough respect for the game, his teammates and the rest of the organization to sit out the season. And he doesn't have to like the owner to play for him. There are a ton of people out there getting checks every other week signed by people they don't like.

BHannes2BHonest, riko and D-rock like this.
  5. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

The best option is to run it back with Harden, Wall and Cousins however if we had to trade Harden, getting back Simmons is pretty good.

D-rock and HardenVolumeOne like this.
  6. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

I prefer Simmons over Harden anyway. Do it.

CapelaOnlyFan likes this.
  7. riko

riko Member

Yep that is what is Woj is reporting. The Rockets are still convinced they can make it work. I hope they work it out because no one in their right mind believes Simmons is even half the player Harden is and probably will never be what Harden is right now.

bballjunkie and D-rock like this.
  8. dockerland

dockerland Contributing Member

Because he has to enter the NBA bubble to start the testing, if he didn't it would have to start at any new team he joins.

9. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

I don't think Philly has offered Simmons. I think they offered Tobias and anyone else not named Simmons or Embiid + picks. (Lol) I think Philly would love to have Harden, Simmons, and Embiid as their big three.

10. HardenVolumeOne

herro is overrated

Rudyc281 likes this.
  11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Who actually believes this loser?

D-rock likes this.
  12. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I want to believe

13. Ranny

Ranny Member

Would you like this pipe dream then??????

- We get two young good players with long term contracts, in an immediate rebuild.
    - Philly gets Harden
    - Boston gets young prospects, and a million picks (and we know how Ainge loves picks)

[​IMG]

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y3hz8343

14. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I believe it. Normally I'd say see what is available at the deadline to bring in another piece, but the Rockets really need to upgrade now. I think its time to go all in. Its not uncommon when there is lots of trade chatter of a particular deal, that other deals come out of nowhere. Its because it gets everybody talking. I think if we could somehow get a long 3 point shooter that has average defense a the 3, and 2 of Wood. Boogie and Wall pan out, then we are 55-60 win team.

It doesn't take much for Harden to go off in the regular season. That is when he is at his best. Come out 15 and 0, and that changes everything. James can win 50 games with vet minimums. I also think teams will make better offers at the deadline. Teams that are under performing might get involved and teams that are over performing will want to be put over the top. Hell even teams in the east 5 games out of the playoffs could bite to make a run tot he playoffs.

On paper, this is easily the best Rockets team he's been on, easily. I'd sit James down and tell him, if you still want a trade a the break then we will honor that contingent on acceptable offers. But the more he mopes and wines, the worse the offers get. Then you have half a season to 30-10 and get him back on board, get him curious about finishing the season. Also, Philly and Brooklyn's stars aren't know for being healthy. KD and Irving played a combined 20 games last season and Ben and Joel have missed entire seasons as well. Any one of those 4 go down and James stays.

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Morey doing Morey things

Rocket River

16. Salvy

Salvy Member

Do you smell what the Stone is cooking?

[​IMG]

17. riko

riko Member

I actually think he agreed to this this theory. He builds his value on the court and the get the best deal because of it. That’s why he returned to camp. Give this team a chance.

D-rock likes this.
  18. DooghMaster9

DooghMaster9 Member

Gotta hold out. There are better packages out there than 76ers. Simmons is a fantastic player but I think we can do better.

Just gotta accept it will be uncomfortable..or maybe harden hoops for us..

bballjunkie likes this.
  19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

John Wall and Simmons - I dunno how good that will be

Rocket River

Patience and DooghMaster9 like this.
  20. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

This is the correct direction.

BHannes2BHonest, D-rock and riko like this.