1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(True Hoop) Rockets Source: "they might end up as the worst team in the league."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Dec 9, 2020.

1. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

so we got that going for us . . . which is nice

3. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Paywall, help us out here.

vince, Invisible Fan and saitou like this.
  4. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

That's bullshit. Harden's haul will ensure, at the least, perpetual mediocrity

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

They think I’m gonna pay to read the words of some “source” saying how sh*tty we’ll be?

I’ll pay for The Athletic, but TrueHoop? Gtfoh...

7. treyk3

treyk3 Member

His source is Morey. They have had a friendly relationship as long as I can remember Daryl being in Houston.

Morey hates Tilman and is the reason why everything is finally coming out about Tilman.

Morey and MDA combined hatred of Tilman and tampering of James is making this a mess. The league should be investigating both of them. They should probably also be looking into whether Tilman should own a team. This is why when Morey quit he should have been required to sign a non-compete. This is exactly what was going to happen. I could see it from a mile away.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I don't think so.

Look. tilman isn't trading Harden for Garbage, so say you get Simmons back, hypothetical, is that the worst team in the league? No.

If Tilman doesn't trade Harden then Harden will play, thus, won't be the worst team in the league.

It really depends on if Wall and Cousins are still any good. Honestly, I think you could make the case this could be a really bad team or a contender, it's a really odd team depending on how good these gambles go for Stone. I could even see a team, I mentioned it before, that works out like that Billups Piston's team.

I think there is a scenario where guys do just enough to win games. You saw that with the Heat as well. Except Harden is better than Butler and Billups. It just depends on how much Wall and Cousins can give.

tc0330, B-Bob, CCity Zero and 10 others like this.
  9. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Lol what? Even if Harden vanished today for nothing, we’d be a bubble playoff team. Give me a break.

10. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Well that was rude.

TimDuncanDonaut, B-Bob and saleem like this.
  11. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

As long as James Harden is playing, the Rockets aren’t going to miss the playoffs nor be the worst team in the league. Also, there are a lot of bad teams at the bottom of the Eastern Conference that even a team of Wall-Gordon-House-Tucker-Wood with Cousins off the bench can beat.

12. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

The Rockets won't be the worst team in the league. This is another attempt to paint the Rockets as screwed and they have no choice but to take 30 cents on the dollar.

But I will say... The Westbrook trade was one of the dumbest in league history. And James has a large part of that blame.

vince, clos4life, Hui and 81 others like this.
  13. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Roosh retweeted this crap and I’m disappointed he did. Yea sure Tilman is a POS cheap owner but trading Harden will certainly get us a few draft picks and young players if it’s executed properly. This article is straight up click bait and of course you need to pay to read it so what does that tell you.

don grahamleone likes this.
  14. CXbby

CXbby Member

Source is obviously Morey or Dantoni to make sure Harden doesn't give the team a chance.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think both your take and the article are all early speculations and the truth is very likely the golden middle ground.

Wall and Cousins get back to 16-19 ppg but give up some defensively.

One of them goes injured in the end given our luck with injuries.

D-rock likes this.
  16. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Just trade James already and all this will stop.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Oh my take is speculation. Cousins, last time he played was pretty good. He can contribute I think. Can he be anything close to old Boogie? Who knows. He did have offers elsewhere it sounds like (he had offers to join teams in the bubble too) and I think he picked the Rockets because he wants more than just being a filler big for the Clippers or something.

Wall...complete unknown...but even if it's somewhere in the middle, he can contribute.

Wood I think is close to proven and so are a lot of the other guys on the team. Ego is what he is, streaky. So is Tucker we know he's a good vet to have on the tea. The rest of em, we'll see.

Then you have Silas who is also an unknown. People really underplay coaching in this sport for some odd reason. It's not a coincidence Pop and Phil have so many rings. Coaching matters. If Silas is a good coach who can mentally push all the right buttons and we know he has a handle of how to construct plays and an offense then who knows?

I'm just saying it's up in the air. We know where the Nuggets, Blazers, etc will be...the Rockets at this point in time are a wildcard team but barring some kind of Harden injury or trash trade they will be contending for the playoffs at least.

bj3175 and daywalker02 like this.
  18. riko

riko Member

With harden we are at worst a top 5 team without him in the 7 to 9 range. Noway this will be the worst team in the league either way

Astrodome and D-rock like this.
  19. finsraider

finsraider Member

it will be a small miracle if we are able to keep this thing together after that trade...but there is a chance.

Stone made the right moves this offseason. There is a chance it can all be salvaged.

lilbird20, Ramo$e and abaker28 like this.
  20. Swapshop

Swapshop Member