1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Chris Paul on How The Houston Rockets Almost Beat The Golden State Warriors in The WCF

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Os Trigonum, Dec 9, 2020.

1. lionaire

lionaire Member

I enjoy JJ's pod but I will be skipping this one. Don't want my heart to hurt again.

HardenVolumeOne and D-rock like this.
  2. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I wonder where the boxes of WCF champs hats and t’s are at now. That’s the part makes my stomach churn. We were so damn close.

D-rock likes this.
  3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I am in physical pain

D-rock and dreamshakin like this.
  4. HP3

HP3 Member

I will never not spam this video.

DVauthrin, sushimaster and D-rock like this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

17-18 should’ve been the type of season the guys all meet up and reminisce about after retirement

it’s time for me to exit this thread...too much pain

[​IMG]

ElPigto, BHannes2BHonest and D-rock like this.
  6. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I ****ing hate Tilman damn man. Damn

Deuce, BHannes2BHonest and D-rock like this.
  7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Paul should have been in better shape.

Good for Suns fan that he says NOW he's in good shape, but during his Houston tenure he was taking things "gingerly".

POFs or LOFs .. I wonder which are worse.

D-rock likes this.
  8. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

Yup, we essentially played them the way they played everyone else. We were probably the only other team that had the roster versatility to do so and they looked shook that we were hanging right there with them. Not having Luc truly healthy will go down as one of the most invisibly significant factors to what people remember of that series.

Richie_Rich, D-rock and Reeko like this.
  9. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I would seriously pay good money to someone for like a documentary about that season. Like highlights from all the games, interviews , practices everything. That team loved playing together man. What a shame man. We should have won it all that year :(

linvetb6 and D-rock like this.
  10. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Harden to Phoenix for Paul, Booker and a Majerle jersey

11. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

A couple of things here:

The Rockets could have offered Ariza a contract extension during the season (say 2 years, 25 million, with the second year as a player option) so they would have had their entire starting five locked up for the next season. They didn’t. Once a player hits free agency, all bets are off.

Also, unless it’s a large, long-term contract, who cares whether it’s 12 million or 15 million per season, anyway? The only person affected by going into the luxury tax is the owner, who happens to be a billionaire. He can afford the short-term hit to try and give his great team another shot to win a championship. Also, If you buy a sports team with the goal of making a massive profit year in and year out, you are missing the point of owning such a franchise. The goal is winning championships because doing so leads to revenue spikes.

12. dreamshakin

dreamshakin Member

All I know is pain.

Give me hope again wall and boogie

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

#Truth

But it still does not dilute that 2018 season in my eyes.

But Tilman chose to fvck up that team instead of taking it up another notch.

Rockets were "this" close to going all the way.

And TF biggest takeaway was CP3 had the worst contract in the NBA. :mad::confused:o_O:rolleyes:

Verbal Christ likes this.
  14. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Chris Paul always could have taken less than the super max to continue to roster build. Thats what these other winning stars do isnt it? I guess Paul didnt really want to win, but hit the lotto one more time before he retires as if he hadnt made enough money up to that point.

D-rock likes this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

how is this even still a thing. Its been said over and over, unless you expect cp3 to play for absolutely free his salary wasn't stopping anything. The rockets would have been operating over the cap regardless. stop with the assumptions and nonsense. It's stupid. it isn't because of cp3 that tilman is a dumbass and been avoiding tax from day 1. that's just his MO and what has held the rockets back the last 2 years. pay attention

D-rock likes this.
  16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

The last 2 years have just been mind-numbing as a Rockets fan. All you can do is laugh.

D-rock likes this.
  17. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

sure .. 1M or 40Ms over the cap .. "still the same thing"

:rolleyes:

18. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

It wasn’t meant to be.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah you can roll your eyes all you want. when the MO is LTS, you're not spending a dime worth much to help this team. There's a reason why its been bottom barrel mins or less for the last 2 years. It's hilarious you expect anything to be different after whats been going on for 2 years. :rolleyes:

dudes sending guys to the g-league for a few months to save money, cut guys just before their contracts become guaranteed and you're expecting money is going to be spent. gtfoh

20. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Last time the Rockets payed the Luxury Tax was 2015 (4.9Ms) maybe your gripe begins with Les Alexander and just seems to continue.