1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rival Execs Want NBA To Intervene On James Harden Situation

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Dec 7, 2020.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

As someone that can't stand Trump, or most people in Washington, this is an excellent post.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Ya just don't like Trump and Fertitta as humans. They play hard on the machismo trying to pretend they are self made wonderkins. I mean look at the title of Ferttita's most likely ghost written book.

I just don't respect people like that. It's out of my principle and how I was raised.

#102 fchowd0311, Dec 8, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
  3. theoldblood

theoldblood Member

Ironically, it matches his jersey number.

T for 3 likes this.
  4. bmd

bmd Member

That’s exactly what I’m taking about. Trump and Tilman are two different people. Once you found out Tilman probably supported Trump, you now act like Tilman IS Trump, who you obviously hate.

Also, do you know why his book is titled “Shut Up and Listen”? The book was directed at managers. The whole point of the book was to tell managers to shut up and listen to the people around you. Listen to your employees. Listen to your customers.

Also, how is Fertitta pretending to be self-made? As far as I know, he is.

Stop viewing every single thing through the lens of politics. Free your mind from that toxicity.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

So what they gonna do now. . . .

Rocket River

6. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I’m not offended. Nor was either of my posts to be taken ‘at face value’.

Relax, let’s save our venom for our reaction to the ultimate trade of He the Bearded One...

GradyMcTracy likes this.
  7. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

You can have your opinion and I can have mine. Our opinions about the political undertones behind the scenes is irrelevant.

If Harden hates Tilman because he hates his politics, that makes that point a FACT, not an opinion. If James wants to leave the Rockets as such, it falls in the category of "It is what it is".

I WILL share with you there is a difference in "not sharing your world view" and actively trying to subvert you as a human. If you are a child advocate, you won't support any organization that takes advantage of children. If you are a priest, you won't support organizations that undermine religion. So as a black man, Harden likely feels he can't be associated with people that give any oxygen to white supremacists'. Again, I'm not getting into the politics of the matter. I'm describing how the Tilman being tone deaf contributed to how he got himself into this mess as the leader of his organization.

UTSA2step and HP3 like this.
  8. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

NBA execs will likely need to intercede.

Harden's passive aggressive behavior indicates he'll likely pull a "hammy" injury that just doesn't recover. Charlie Thomas where you at?

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Part of that, and part of him supporting Trump.

DD

Sanity2disChaos likes this.
  10. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I am not really a politics person but this one election I felt really shows you a persons character because while I normally vote Republican. I could not vote for Trump because he is just not a good person. The stuff that comes out of his mouth is hurtful and hateful and coming from his position it weighs more. He's literally dividing the country. As an Asian I can't vote for him cuz of all the hatred he has caused my race with his use of "Chinese Virus" and spewing lies about the country and shutting down our embassy's etc. Asian grandmas are walking down the street getting poured acid on.

This election was more about character, and I am sorry he is not fit to be President. Doesn't really matter what you believe in otherwise.

UTSA2step likes this.
  11. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

them!

#111 homewight, Dec 8, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
  12. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

It is besides the point what he does on his own. If the league and the team needs him to report then he needs to report. Other players are reporting so what makes him so special? Besides the players you mentioned, the Rockets also have a new coach. Rules apply to everyone. He may be a great iso player and all but basketball is still a team sport. No one is questioning his skills here and his effort on the court when the season starts.

13. csj

csj Member

Except PEDs aren't a matter of "what he contractually agreed to." PEDs are literally an example of a league-wide mandate that curtails ordinary freedoms people take for granted (use of over the counter meds).

UTSA2step likes this.
  14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

HE SIGNED THE ****ING CONTRACT !

DD

Ben Frank and Jontro like this.
  15. csj

csj Member

Sure, especially when it gives the appearance that you are addressing their position when you aren't. He made other, vastly more important claims that you chose not to address. This is a dictionary-perfect example of bad-faith argument.

The assertion was that Trump was racist, with Proud Boys being an example. You didn't address the racism, you only attacked his choice of the word "support" in regard to the Proud Boys. It is well known that Trump refused to DENOUNCE the Proud Boys as he did so on national TV. That's not the same as "supporting", of course, but its irrelevant to the original point and your response was completely disingenuous.

Usually when a racist Trump supporter keeps talking, he gives up the game. It would be entirely unsurprising to see that here.

UTSA2step likes this.
  16. csj

csj Member

How much do you know? If it's something, lets see it. If not, don't suggest something you know nothing about.

Looking at his Wikipedia page, a number of things stick out. Primarily, it appears he became a partner is a restaurant literally right out of college, with his father being a restaurant owner, a partner in another a year later, gained controlling interest in those in only a few years and started a construction company during that time, a company to develop an entire hotel. These things are out of the ordinary for those straight out of college and require significant capital. Where did that capital come from? That question is central to just how "self-made" he is.

I'm not claiming I know these answers, but I know one thing for sure, after only a minute's research I would NEVER say "as far as I know, he is". I would say that he had the benefit of extraordinary help early in his career, help that only the most privileged get.

UTSA2step and Joshfast like this.
  17. Jontro

Jontro Member

tillmen had jesus on his side

18. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Things change. Ppl get divorced after saying “till death due us part”.

19. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

No one signs an employment contract with the expectation that their employer can restrict their freedom of movement outside of working hours.

I would love to see the language in the contract that allows that. Perhaps it falls under the "dangerous conduct" clause (i.e. no skydiving allowed), but that's a stretch.

20. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

seriously NBA needs to get rid of the guaranteed contracts - they do more damage to a franchise than help.