1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Potential Harden Landing Spots

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by finsraider, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I’ve been seeing this and even saw Clutch tweeting along these lines.
    While I would love to see that scenario pan out (Harden balling out with the current squad healthy), we gotta stop pretending that’s not a giant IF and a huge ask of him. One more year and he’s close to 33, banking on not one but two players that haven’t played in over two years, on top of the fact that the team is pretty strapped moving forward, not to mention the rest of the squad (mainly the bench) is filled with a lot of unproven talent despite what delusional posters on here insist on Nwaba being a top defender and what not. So many other contenders have smaller ifs.
    Yes I get it, he put himself in this position by forcing the Russ trade yadda yadda. That’s all true. Just saying let’s not pretend that he should have no hesitation on staying with this squad if he’s looking out for what’s best for him.
    And by all means, it goes both ways, if he gets shipped to say Sacramento, he should receive no pity from the fans angry at him as he made his own bed.

2. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

Why would Denver give up perhaps the best young guard in the NBA (Murra) plus MPJ, another young player on the rise, for Simmons, Oladipo, and Scott? That makes them worse, not better. Simmons is nowhere near the play as Murray. Oladipo and Scott are both overrated. I would trade Harden for Murray straight up, but I doubt Denver would even consider it.

3. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Rockets Receive: Tyler Herro, Kendrick Nunn, Duncan Robinson, Kelly Olynyk, Andre Iguodala, 2022 First-Round Pick

Heat Receive: James Harden

4. Crutch City

Crutch City Member

Well....like I said....im spit-balling. Idk. Just throwing stuff against a wall. Most trades aren't just proposed & accepted on the 1st offer. The point was to make salary work for a trade that gets Harden to Philly & Murray to Houston. Murray is a nice player...nice enough to be the center piece in a trade for Harden...but THE BEST young guard in the league....c'mon....thats a bit of a stretch IMO. If im not mistaken he hasnt made an all-star team yet. You might have some slight recency bias due to his run in the playoffs this year. Either that or youve watched that Instagram video a few too many times. He has games where he looks unstoppable but also games here & there where he is almost invisible on the court. Dont get me wrong....i love his game. I live in Denver so I see him play quite a bit. Denver has a lot of guys who can fill it up but they dont have anyone who can create for others...ala Simmons....aside from Jokic.

If the salaries match I would put money on the Nuggets trading Murray for Harden straight up 10 times out of 10, given a commitment from Harden to extend. Harden is a generational talent.

As far as Mike Scott being overrated...he wasnt even really a key component in any of this....more salary filler that a team wouldnt hesitate to include in a trade for a player of Hardens caliber. But you are welcome to your opinion too...

5. htownbball

htownbball Member

Why we need Simmons? Two guys who need the ball and can't shoot in Wall and Simmons?

Why not get Tobias Harris and Danny Green's $15M expiring contract instead if Wall is going to be a centerpiece. If Wall is a short term guy, then yea take Simmons, but I just don't see this team winning if we have two ball dominant guys who can't shoot.

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Whoa, what a take.

Vivi likes this.
  7. xaos

xaos Member

Let me repeat to you what I am understanding...

Instead of building around Ben Simmons you want to build around Wall... with Tobias Harris and Danny Green?

Vivi, dmoneybangbang and D-rock like this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Absolutely genius, right?

xaos likes this.
  9. xaos

xaos Member

Daryl Morey joined the Rockets back in April 2006. Htownbball joined june 19 2006. It's Morey's burner planting seeds in our heads trying to convince us that would be a good trade for us.

Almost got me, Morey

jch1911, Vivi and D-rock like this.
  10. finsraider

finsraider Member

Here are the types of deals I believe Houston would ACCEPT. Note...this is not necessarily what is being offered. But I believe anything short of these would mean Harden stays.

Miami - Bam, Herro and 2 1st
    Philly - Simmons, Thybulle and 2 1st
    Denver - Murray, MPJ and 2 1st
    Minnesota - Russell, Edwards and 2 1st
    GSW - Klay, Wiseman, Minny 1st, GSW 1st

In each case, a centerpiece player, young talent on rookie deals, and multiple picks. This offer will likely be available eventually. Again...it just takes one very intent team to raise the price across the board.

Deuce, Vivi and J.R. like this.
  11. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

I think he stays atleast for this year but if I had to pick I would take Nuggets offer easily.

12. finsraider

finsraider Member

yeah that’s nothing to sneeze at.

13. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Because no sane person wants to pay Tobias Harris the following amounts of money:

2020-2021 $34,358,850
    2021-2022 $35,995,950
    2022-2023 $37,633,050
    2023-2024 $39,270,150

D-rock and Vivi like this.
  14. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Wall
    Murray
    MJP
    Wood
    Cousins

15. Vivi

Vivi Member

LMAO everytime i see/think about this contract...and Brand joked about how bad the CP3 contract was just few months before he gave this to Harris :D

D-rock and DVauthrin like this.
  16. Fantasma Negro

17. Nimo

Nimo Member

Couldn't make it past the first couple minutes. Dude is wrong, takes things personal, and his voice is annoying.

SuraGotMadHops and Fulgore like this.
  18. Fantasma Negro

He's got some solid points. The main thing he was preaching is to wait it out. He illustrated examples of lopsided superstar trades, basically there's never been a fair or even descent deal when trading a superstar. He listed Dream and Scottie Pippen as examples for players that demanded trades, didn't get traded and won titles

Nimo likes this.
  19. Nimo

Nimo Member

He shouldn't have started with "the reason the Rockets haven't won in the post-season is because of Harden...Harden creates this mess...the Rockets have given Harden everything he's asked for..".