1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SI] John Wall: the rehabbed new Rocket. “I don’t feel as fast. I feel faster.”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, Dec 9, 2020.

1. psaman17

psaman17 Member

Love preseason hype when every young player is a potential star, when hoodie melo never misses, when Westbrook finally take 3point shooting seriously and when everybody is stronger, faster, better than ever before.

amaru, napalm06, JayGoogle and 5 others like this.
  2. WiltTheStilt13

He will probably miss half of the season due to injuries.

3. jayland

jayland Member

Didn't Gilbert Arenas say the same thing when he was traded to Orlando.

amaru and WiltTheStilt13 like this.
  4. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Bone on bone

amaru and napalm06 like this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

I want to believe, but I just can’t bring myself to put much stock in things that are said in training camp or preseason, or when a guy is returning from major injury

we even get stuff like this for Russ coming off a little quad injury

The Houston Rockets held an intrasquad scrimmage Thursday to get All-Star guard Russell Westbrook his first full-speed, 5-on-5 action since he was diagnosed with a strained right quadriceps, sources told ESPN.

“He looked as explosive as ever," a source said.

I have modest expectations for Wall, but those modest expectations are still more than enough to make me view him as a better fit than Westbrook

I’m more worried about Wall picking up different injuries than I am of him being a shell of himself. Do we know how they’ll be handling him this year? Is he on a minutes limit? Will he not play both games of B2Bs? Will he have rest games? I haven’t seen any mention of these things, but I could’ve just missed it.

amaru and HP3 like this.
  6. Streakshooter

Streakshooter Member

This wasn't wrong though. He was explosive in training camp and went on a tear once he found himself in the offense. It was after tweaking that same quad and COVID that we saw the return of 'face-palm' Russ. The real question is how long the minute restriction will be. Heaven forbid we let Clemons push the rock in prime-time.

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

this “explosive as ever” comment came right before his return to game 5 of the OKC series after his quad injury in the bubble

lol, if Clemons ever sees any meaningful time, then big yikes

amaru and Streakshooter like this.
  8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

He got better. Good enough to help get us to the conference finals.

9. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

[​IMG]

10. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

11. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

The thing is the shortened season SHOULD help him hold up in his first year back. If we can let him sit 15 games while making the playoffs COULD be a blessing in disguise.

12. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Gotta love training camp articles. Where everyone has improved their three point shot, young guys have gained 15-20 lbs of muscle, and all of the older vets are in the best shape of their lives. It's like clockwork.

amaru likes this.
  13. swedish-olajuwon

John Wall seems like a great guy.
    I must say this, even though James Harden proved to be a really cringe worthy person and that Tilman Fertitta is shitty owner I think the acquisitions Stone has made after joining Houston Rockets have been superb. I mean in all honesty I even look forward to the season now, I want to see how Wood plays, how Wall plays and if Boggy Couscous still can ball.

Wood and Couscous are low risk, high reward signings and Wall seem to be a really good teammate just like Russ but with less bonehead plays. Russell's character was never the problem, the guy is a true professional and he seems very loyal to his teammates and the team he plays for. Russ problem was all the bonehead plays.

Now we don't know if Wall will be able to play like he used to due to being injured and away from the game so long, but his positive energy is spreading like wild fire.

MultipleSauces likes this.
  14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

It's a positive he is feeling good and confident, but let's wait and see how he is holding up and moving about 20 games into the season.

amaru and AroundTheWorld like this.
  15. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Kinda like when an aging boxer says. " I feel like I'm 25 again.. I'm in the best shape of my life".... Then they get slapped around for 12 rounds by the younger boxer... You see flashes for a few moments but that's it

amaru likes this.
  16. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

John Wall is putting up 100 ppg in training camp. Could he lead the league in scoring?

18. Le$$

Le$$ Member

One thing over shadowing all harden mess, Houston got one heck of a player in Wall. He could possibly be a new franchise piece going forward.

He is 30, and could have Great back end career in Houston. Let's hope Wall can turn alot of nay sayers around, and have some good Season's in Houston.

19. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Hes looked good in everything I’ve seen. But there’s more to athleticism than the speed and first step

20. alexcapone

alexcapone Contributing Member