1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden open to being traded to contenders

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Rudyc281 and Vivi like this.
  2. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Paul George for Oladipo and Sabonis...Oladipo has turned into a star and Sabonis raised his game as well.

Pau Gasol for Marc Gasol...the younger Gasol was a throw-in and turned out pretty good.

mikol13 and topfive like this.
  3. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Interesting thought experiment.

Philly traded Vucevic to Orlando as part of the 4 team deal that sent Dwight to the Lakers.

The Timberwolves included Zach Lavine in their trade for Jimmy Butler.

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

One thing a whole lot of people are overlooking - If the Rockets take back more players than they send out , they have to have a roster spot for each of those.

Basically they'll have to cut someone to bring those players in - Or reroute them elsewhere.

D-rock likes this.
  6. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Rockets front office are currently doing exceptionally well at how NOT to start or conduct a bidding war.

Meanwhile Morey and Nash have been doing great work for weeks, downplaying any interest in giving anything for Harden.

If teams out there are interested or are offering assets for Harden, stone needs to leak it. If they aren't Stone needs to fake it then leak it.

psaman17, D-rock and fckbandwagons like this.
  7. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t think Denver would do it. Just because of youth. But Murray, MPJ for Harden is tempting.
    Murray, MPJ and Wood is a nice young trio. With some good veteran depth, basically a quick rebuild. I’d be ok with that.

BHannes2BHonest and Rudyc281 like this.
  8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

9. topfive

topfive CF OG

Both Vucevic and Lavine definitely elevated their games, but neither is a superstar at this point. And Lavine's rise isn't too surprising, though it was by no means guaranteed at the time of the trade.

Still, superstar trades never seem to be anywhere near equal for the team that trades the superstar. In hindsight, the Magic were lucky because as Dwight aged, he had to rely more on skills that he never fully developed, and at the same the league was moving towards big men who could space the floor. The Lakers got 1 year of a hobbled Howard, as well as Earl Clark and Chris Duhon. Add to that the headache that Dwight represents and I'd have to say the Magic easily won that trade, even if it didn't land them a superstar.

D-rock likes this.
  10. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

As far as being able to carry a team in the regular season, probably not. As far as the playoffs....different story.

11. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

i would trade him to chicago or orlando

lavine,lauri,otto or like Gordon,vuci.

brooklyn has nothing and the only enticing thing about Philly is simmons, but having him and wall doesn't make sense.

12. Lloyd Estacio

Lloyd Estacio Member

I'd be ecstatic with MPJ as the centerpiece with lots of picks. Hes gonna be a super star as a versatile 6'10 combo forward

cmoak1982 likes this.
  13. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

These questions are worthless. What do they expect Nash to say, "Oh yeah, I want James Harden, I even asked them to trade Spencer along with our other young players to get us Harden. We are a good team now, but gettting Harden, oh yeah, that makes us better."

I mean come on! Lol .

Hakeemtheking and D-rock like this.
  14. J.R.

J.R. Member

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Feigan is like a TF sock puppet.

Really trying to seed that misinformation to create sympathy for Fertitta.

16. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Ship him to Indiana and give me:

Oladipo
    Turner
    McDermott
    4 1st Rounders
    2 1st Round pick swaps

We then turn those three players into more draft assets. Basically pulling a Presti. If you can turn Vic into 2 1st Rounders, Turner into a 1st and a 2nd, and McDermott into a heavily protected 1st, That's 8 1st round picks right there in total with 2 more by way of swaps.

At this point there's no young player outside of maybe Ben Simmons or Jaylen Brown that can be had and if that were the case I'd rather acquire as many 1st Rounders as I can than to pin my hopes that Simmons or Brown (who I really love) will become a top 5 player soon.

17. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

That was a really boring article lol.

I wish he had not written it.

D-rock likes this.
  18. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Was just about to read it but will hold off now. Any good tidbits in there that are worth sharing?

19. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Nothing that you haven't heard before.
    • Nothing less than a King's ransom if we trade Harden
    • Rockets still want to make it work

D-rock and jakedasnake like this.
  20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member