1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN Sources: James Harden was not in Houston today but told Rockets FO he will be soon

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Dec 6, 2020.

1. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

How dare he slump so horribly he only finished 3rd in mvp voting.

D-rock and Patience like this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Traveling Queen is here

Os Trigonum likes this.
  3. sheb

sheb Member

WTF is happening

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. alexcapone

alexcapone Contributing Member

6. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

So...here’s a theory...and this isn’t dismissing Harden’s desire for a trade.

Harden was in Houston on Thursday...we have video evidence of him playing against folks over at UH. Friday, the league comes down with their season long protocols in regards to COVID. Friday night is the first night that video surfaces of Harden partying out of town...which continues through Sunday night.

Is it possible that Harden was pissed off about the COVID protocols...or figured he wasn’t gonna get another chance to party this season...and decided to go on a 3 day weekend bender to get it out of his system before the season? He then rested Monday and showed up at Toyota Center Tuesday ready to go with the COVID testing.

Is it possible that people were also pushing messages and narratives during that time...some may be true...other not so much...as the NBA media tends to do (or really, other agents, teams, and, in this case, family members) while Harden really hasn't changed his mind over that timeframe?

I mean, John Wall said in his first press conference that Harden told him he was coming to play with him and that seems like a dude who has a close relationship with Harden. Why should we believe all the other noise and messaging that’s come out...especially when Harden doesn’t have an agent and the team has said that there has been little to no communication while Harden was partying?

Even his mom’s Instagram post was altered (the added parenthesis words) when it can technically be taken in a different tone if you take out the parenthesis: “He ask for a chance to get a ring that’s it”. Most changed it to “he’s asking for a chance to get a ring,” but it also can be changed into “he asked for a chance to get a ring.” The former sounds like he’s still doing it while the latter could mean that he asked once and might not have asked it again.

Again, it’s on James to clarify, but I’m just throwing out a scenario where James might have just been partying it up...figuring he didn’t need to be there for early training camp when his buddy was having a birthday and the NBA also dropping restrictive rules the same day. Not saying he’s sold on staying, but this may not have been what anyone was thinking and just an eccentric and quiet dude (which we know James is) deciding he wanted to do this. Remember, he also waited 6 days before reporting to the bubble and the Rockets weren’t sure when he was showing up at that point as well.

Maybe I’m wrong, but I’m also wary of the national media narrative (and the local media narrative) when nobody will admit they’ve talked to Harden.

7. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

don't over think it. does a guy who wants a so ring badly sound like a guy who goes on a 3 day bender at the start of camp?

linvetb6 likes this.
  8. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Dennis Rodman, I have 5 rings called!!!

D-rock likes this.
  9. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Recently here I've seen Harden compared to MJ, Kobe, Hakeem, and now we've gone to Rodman LOL!!!

IBTL likes this.
  10. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

11. paboy1984

paboy1984 Member

Thats the smart thing to do they also have picks and other movable players to bring in a even better player to help Harden

D-rock likes this.
  12. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

seems plausible..

i keep waiting for the news to come of a trade. i feel like harden suiting up rockets means harden could be a rocket for longer than just this year. its a crucial moment in his tenure of rockets.

my gut from afar is it is close to over and why i keep checking my phone..
    the one x factor as well is if harden comes back and it goes well all might be forgotten.

my true expectation is middle of road and they move him at deadline to a team trying to make a stretch run or they move him now.

id say my guess it looks like this
    stay past one year 25%
    by deadline 30%
    now 50%
    mike teevee tells you thats 105%!!

id say power ranking trade options it looks like this to me
    1) clippers
    2) miami
    3) philly
    4) boston
    5) denver?

hope you are well ray hadnt seen you lately