1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you still support Harden?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Dec 8, 2020.

?

Do you still support Harden?

Poll closed Dec 15, 2020.
  1. Yes - It’s Tilman’s fault and James deserves better

55 vote(s)
    23.9%
  2. No - There’s no excuse for not showing up

175 vote(s)
    76.1%
  1. VoR

VoR Member

I was getting kind of bored with Dominique Wilkins 2.0. Bye Felicia.

2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think there might be a lot of these rich playboys spreading Covid around if the NBA starts back up in the middle of a raging pandemic. They are too used to their lifestyle off the court, and are too selfish to mask up, stay home, and not socialize before we can all get vaccines. It's been happening in football all season. Covid spreading at work, at home, and in the community.

Harden shows what an irresponsible guy he is. Send him packing to the team that offers the most draft picks. Build for the future. If only we could get rid of Trump lover Tilman too.

#122 deb4rockets, Dec 9, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
  3. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

Correct. I still support James now UNTIL he changed jersey. That isn't reflected in the poll so I did not vote.

tinman and Stephen_A like this.
  4. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

What part of it was a nightmare?

He wanted CP3 shipped out. Done.

He wanted Russ in. Done.

Don't make Harden the victim here when he was part of the problem.

vick, supaflyz and Crashlanded19 like this.
  5. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

Or you love your job because everyone is a YES man to you. They start to leave and you want to go as well because you don't want to be accountable to anything.

Crashlanded19 likes this.
  6. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

All of it.

7. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

If he shows up plays his best while he is here and we can eventually flip him for a good package im fine with it... If he whines and doesnt try until hes shipped out for some peanuts i will never respect him again.

I get wanting out i honestly do but i really think Morey and Harden tarnished thier legacies here by their departures. Now they may take that for granted now but in 20 years i promise Houston will be what they were remembered for and the fans that will remember them the most fondly but that could all turn into spite.

8. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Anyone seen PJ Tucker’s recent IG post? He posted a pic with him in Rockets uniform greeting fans and an interesting quote. “Being ok if it happens and if it doesn’t is a powerful place to be.” Very interesting.

9. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Interesting double standard though with some folks who pardoned Morey and did not cast judgement on Morey leaving even went so much in supporting his departure while Harden is seen as disloyal and held in contempt. Many of you on here are contradicting yourselves and adhere to a double standard. There is no difference. They are not mutually exclusive. Please stop the double standard.

HardenVolumeOne and ashleyem like this.
  10. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Do you know this in specific detail or is this an assumption or judgement?

11. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

I have no problem holding Harden accountable. Some media reports of a toxic culture in Houston. Anyone ever wonder what that means actually? There were reports of players feeling the stars weren’t held accountable. Even some stories on Harden yelling at team mates like Austin Rivers for cheering. There is more to this many people are neglecting to talk about. The issue here is the culture that has been allowed within the organization. This means coaching staff and personnel management. Morey and MDA established this culture and must be held accountable. It isn’t just Harden or Tillman. Whatever culture that was established there needed to change and hopefully new management and a new coach can establish a new and positive culture and climate that will rectify the wrongs of the past.

12. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

you don’t have to be rich to be irresponsible. Millions of America are reckless regardless of their income earnings. Normal families, working people, college educated people. Does not matter.

13. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

True, but millions of other people, even making minimum wage would be let go for being that irresponsible.

linvetb6 likes this.
  14. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

But it’s no do
    I don’t think it’s fair to compare normal people like us to millionaire celebrities. You guys don’t think Brad Pitt or Tom Cruise get their way? It’s because they are in an industry that pays for rare talent because the dollars and the demand are high. These folks have power and leverage. Most working people like us don’t have that luxury. But we do have the choice and free will to go on strike or not show up to work just like Harden. There needs to be repercussions certainly in terms of money taken from him on a daily basis just like with us if the union strikes. But again his world is different. The celebrity world is different. Many of us if put in the same position with power and leverage and millions of dollars knowing demand for our services is high would do the same thing. I wouldn’t do what he does but at the end of the day it is his choice as a multi millionaire celebrity professional basketball player. People can be envious or jealous or claim it’s unfair but that’s not for us as normal working professional adults to compare our lives with the lives of celebrities. Not the same. And ultimately it’s his choice. Just like you have a choice.

15. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

That response was to someone who said you don't have to be rich to be irresponsible. I had previously said, if he doesn't want on our team ship, and acts irresponsible, then trade him to the highest bidder. See who gives us the most future draft picks. If he wants to act irresponsibly let him do it on another team. Same with House. It's bad enough trying to keep people safe in a pandemic, but with their lifestyles it is worse. I don't think the NBA should even be starting up when it's this bad. I'm sure it will end up being a Covid spreadfest, not only between players, but to the community, just like what's happening in the NFL. But, worse, because they play so many games.

16. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Yes, I still support Harden.

HardenVolumeOne likes this.
  17. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

maybe if the cheap b*stard had an actual agent running point on this - Harden wouldnt look like such a goof...

but when people gotta look to his mother's twitter or instagram or whatever to try to decipher whats going on... it just reaks of immaturity and lack of professionalism and lack of respect for his (soon to be former) fans...

...smh...

18. HTownND

HTownND Contributing Member

I don't dig on the binary choice in the polls. As long as James Harden puts on a Rockets uniform, I want him to kick ass and take names. The second he stops doing that, I don't care.

I have a very hard time laying all of this at the feet of the owner, again, way too binary for me. In my opinion, the blame is shared by a lot of people (not equally mind you). Fertita does deserve blame, but I don't think all of it.

I think we, collectively and society writ large has lost the value of nuance. Things in life are rarely black and white and cut and dry. It's squishy.

I think James Harden wants to win, which I get. But I also think he needs to look in the mirror a bit and realize he pushed for many of the Rockets moves over the past several years that haven't worked as all of us would like. He played a critical (but not the only) roll in that. Howard, CP3, Westbrook, etc. He's been very involved in the direction of the franchise, and now that the moves haven't worked, and the piper has come calling, and we are out some key future assets, he wants to cut bait. Again, I hope you win a championship in Houston. After several years, if you now don't think you can do it here, then you should move on. But you should also look in the mirror and realize you had a part in all of this.

That said, as long as he's a Rocket, I'll cheer for him, but the idea that the genesis or root of all these issues is either Harden or Fertita, doesn't sit well with me. There is a lot of blame, uneven blame, to go around the Rockets organization.

And with that, I'll hang up and listen, and just read here, as I've done for the vast vasy majority of my time on this forum.

Keep up the great work everyone, and thanks to Clutch for getting this started many moons ago.

daywalker02 likes this.
  19. vick

vick Member

What about Dwight Howard?

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

his free throw shooting